Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-31-2018, 05:09 PM - 3 Likes   #1
Forum Member

Graduating!

so, I started with a K200D, moved on and bought a KM/K2000 also, about 15 lenses and now....drumroll please,.....grabbed a KS2!

its so much easier with the flip out screen especially for macro shots where you are lying in the dirt trying to look through the eyepiece!

going to have a bit of a play with it today, i'll see if i get any good pics!

Cheers

08-31-2018, 05:31 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Enjoy the new tool/toy.
08-31-2018, 06:43 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
one i took today
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-S2  Photo 
08-31-2018, 06:46 PM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
and this is in A-HDR, not too sure about this mode

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-S2  Photo 
08-31-2018, 07:19 PM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
The Kookaburra.....by Henry Gibson
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-S2  Photo 
08-31-2018, 08:36 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by laurie02 Quote
so, I started with a K200D, moved on and bought a KM/K2000 also, about 15 lenses and now....drumroll please,.....grabbed a KS2!

its so much easier with the flip out screen especially for macro shots where you are lying in the dirt trying to look through the eyepiece!

going to have a bit of a play with it today, i'll see if i get any good pics!

Cheers
Great choice

The older sibling (K-S1) got me back into Photography ( after doing film in high school)
08-31-2018, 09:22 PM   #7
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks Tim
so far I'm having a ball! Shutter count at the start of today was 12!
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-S2  Photo 
09-03-2018, 10:05 AM - 1 Like   #8
Pentaxian

Very nice shots! They demonstrate the kind of quality to be had with Pentax "entry-level" gear! The K200D was/is a very nice camera, and the first to offer a WR body while having SR in a reasonably-priced amateur-oriented body. It even had an available battery grip- unheard of in this class of camera. I liked mine very much, even though also having the K20D.

The K-S2, however, offers many updates and features in a very small and lightweight body, yet very well built. I bought mine new a couple of years ago in a great deal as it came to the end of its model run, to serve as my smaller alternative to my K-5 IIs. I have been surprised at how capable it is and the fine image quality it can deliver. Now pro-level advantages previously available only in the upper class of Pentax DSLRs are offered in this little wonder, like the costly glass pentaprism 100% coverage VF, and 2 e-dial operation which is essential for the full Pentax Hyper System: In (Hyper) "P" mode, if you'd rather have a different aperture or shutter speed the the camera selected, simply change it to your preference by using the thumb and finger e-dials! The camera is instantly shifted to Av or Tv mode without having to first change the mode dial. A touch of the green button restores full "P" operation. In (Hyper) "M" mode, the green button will instantly set correct metered exposure without having to twirl the e-dials. Also great for quickly taking spot meter readings around a scene. If you want a different aperture or shutter speed, just hit AE-L to lock the exposure, make your choice of either and the other will follow along, preserving the correct exposure.

Having the mode dial on "P" be sure to go into the Custom Image menus and implement Fine Sharpening in both the "Bright" and "Natural" categories, then set the camera back to the "Bright" category for most shooting needs. This will yield even better fine detail, and settings will then apply to "P" "Av" "Tv" "Sv" "Tav" and "M" modes. The menus can be accessed through the quick access screen for adjustments, via the "info" button. The 4 buttons surrounding the "ok" button now will be used for navigation and adjustments.

Last edited by mikesbike; 09-03-2018 at 10:17 AM.
09-03-2018, 03:40 PM - 1 Like   #9
Veteran Member

Try a pentax lens and size of 5472 x 3648 for your ks2 .
09-04-2018, 12:18 AM   #10
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the tips Mikesbike and Penview still playing and having a ball!
Cheers
09-17-2018, 12:01 AM   #11

I suggest using fine focus adjustment to calibrate jour lenses.
09-20-2018, 09:11 AM   #12
Pentaxian

Excellent camera indeed