Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-10-2019, 03:00 AM   #1

Remote shutter for the K-S1?

Hello, recently I've been experimenting with astrophotography with this camera, and I'm wondering if there is any way to shoot remotely at timed intervals rather than manually pressing the shutter button every few seconds for hours. It seems that this camera lacks the necessary port to connect wired remoted, are there any other options?

02-10-2019, 06:57 AM - 1 Like   #2
Forum Member

For remotely shooting there's the wi-fi option from a tablet/smartphone with the official "Image Sync" app, or the "Wifi Commander" (see here).

[[[If all you wish for is to have the camera fire every x seconds, there's the in-camera option to shoot intervals. On my K-S2 you just press the button to the right of the OK button to see the different shooting modes, like single shot or self-timer, and one of those modes is interval shooting. You can set the number of exposures you want it to take and the time interval that shall pass between two exposures.]]]

e: I just had a look and it seems like the K-S1 doesn't have this option to shoot intervals in-camera. Too bad.
02-12-2019, 07:59 AM   #3

Original Poster
Very well, this is definitely an improvement, thank you!