Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-18-2019, 02:25 PM   #1

Lightroom Lens Profiles

I'm using Lightroom 5 and just bought an HD Pentax-DA 21mm AL Limited. My LR5 doesn't have a profile for this, and I couldn't figure out where I might download it from. I have used Adobe Lens Profile Downloader in the past but it wasn't helping me this time.

Any suggestions? Or is the profile from the smc version of this lens going to be good enough?

06-18-2019, 02:51 PM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It should be available through the download of the Adobe DNG Converter. Installation will write a full set of profiles to the file system. On recent versions of Windows that would be:

Code:
C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0\Pentax
Whether Lightroom will automatically pick them up depends on OS and configuration. I have yet to fully figure it out. You should be able to copy them to your user LR settings directory, however.

Steve
06-18-2019, 03:28 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
It should be available through the download of the Adobe DNG Converter. Installation will write a full set of profiles to the file system. On recent versions of Windows that would be:

Code:
C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0\Pentax
Whether Lightroom will automatically pick them up depends on OS and configuration. I have yet to fully figure it out. You should be able to copy them to your user LR settings directory, however.
Yes, on my Mac they've gone to:

Code:
/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/LensProfiles/1.0/Pentax
They've not been picked up by LR5, but I'll look into that tomorrow.

Thanks for the reply. I think it clarifies the puzzlement of a number of folk who saw (as I did) something on the Adobe site saying that development of Adobe Lens Profile Downloader had been discontinued, and that "new versions" would contain "added new profiles" (or words to that effect). No one appeared to know what "new versions" meant - "New versions of what?", was being asked.

Next day: I just copied the Pentax folder above into:

Code:
/Users/tim/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/LensProfiles/1.0/Pentax
and LR5 found the new profiles.

Last edited by Clothears; 06-19-2019 at 04:36 AM.