Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 26 Likes Search this Thread
01-09-2022, 01:41 PM - 1 Like   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
The K-S2 is finally here! With the long Thanksgiving holiday it just took a bit longer for it to arrive...

First impressions: I already like the image quality better than the K-3. That is really what matters most.

I'll miss the "pro feeling" of the K-3, the K-S2 is quite a bit more plasticky. Even the K200D has a premium feel (very similar to the K10D and K20D, same materials were used). But I'm sure this will work well.

On the pro side, that nice 20MP sensor and the flippy screen. Also, the JPEG engine seems much better, nicer even than the K-S1 (but that might be the new camera effect). This K-S2 has less than 1650 snaps and was made in April 2017, making it by far my newest body According to photogem, Pentax cameras made after 2015 should have less of a chance of aperture block failure. This one has been used very little and has no issues, so I hope it's a "good one" in that sense. I have one "reliable" K-S1 with a white solenoid, just in case... and I've opened up a K-S2 before, it's easier than the K-S1.
Congratulations on your new KS2!! I still love my KS2, but had aperture solenoid failure so I got a KP in 2020. Going to use old FA lenses while I try to source a MIJ solenoid. I love the look and handling of the S2, it is so small and light. Have fun with your new camera!!