Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
02-13-2022, 11:58 PM - 2 Likes   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Plastic Washer Pentax K-S2 under microphonesocket

Yesterday I repaired a Pentax K-70 (solenoid). It had been repaired previously on warranty at an official Pentax repairshop.

When I disassembled it, I noticed that this washer:

was missing. (The K-S2 has the same washer)

I had asked myself few times what this washer is for, it just didn't make sense, but knew there must be sense.
It couldn't be for WR because it is hard plastic. The microphonesocket itself anyway would let water penetrate more easely if open.

So after some pondering it dawned on me:

This washer sits with one side on the thin upright plastic part and thus is supported.
One cannot push the socket into the circuit-board which could bent and thus break.

So if one loses that washer one has to be careful when inserting the microphone connector!

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
k-s1, k-s2, pentax, plastic, plastic washer pentax, sense, washer, washer pentax k-s2