Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
12-19-2012, 06:30 PM   #46
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
A quick note: submissions will be accepted through 8pm EST on 12/20. We will announce the winner shortly thereafter, so stay tuned!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-20-2012, 12:33 AM   #47

@ Ryan & VTerlaky:

Hey you two. I think it's pretty unfair to submit the profile picture as well. The contest was meant for the banner and everyone else was doing his best with the banner. Now you two step in and submit profile picture as well and thus create an unfair advantage over other submissions. Shame on you two.
12-20-2012, 12:59 AM   #48

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by sviro Quote
@ Ryan & VTerlaky:

Hey you two. I think it's pretty unfair to submit the profile picture as well. The contest was meant for the banner and everyone else was doing his best with the banner. Now you two step in and submit profile picture as well and thus create an unfair advantage over other submissions. Shame on you two.
I would partially (explained below why) agree with you if Adam hadn't said this publicly in this very thread:

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
You're welcome to do that, but remember that your primary focus should be the banner!
Since he had said it, it is therefore an equal opportunity game, and if you didn't see his post then shame on you, not us. Remember, Ryan first asked politely (and publicly in this thread) if a profile pic could be submitted along with the banner. I don't know about him, but I only submitted mine (in fact only started working on it) after Adam gave the affirmative answer. I am sure that we are not the only two that submitted a profile pic either...

As for why I would only partially agree with the statement even if Adam hadn't said it was ok to submit a profile pic: even if we had submitted a profile picture without asking first, I think Adam and the site admins would have enough integrity to ignore the unsolicited extra submission, or even disqualify our submissions altogether.

In any case, if you really think it gives such a huge advantage (judging by Adam's response quoted above it looks like it doesn't), then you still have ample time to make one yourself.
12-20-2012, 01:01 AM   #49

Bummer, I would have integrated the profile picture if I knew ahead of time.... :/

12-20-2012, 05:12 AM   #50
Veteran Member

I think my banner looks great without the profile pic change, and would let it stand on its own merits. As Adam mentioned, the main focus is on the banner,and that was my focus too. The profile pic enhances the look but my banner looks good with the existing profile pic. It's a courtesy bit of design work I did in advance in case they pick mine. As mentioned I merely wanted to make sure I wasn't disqualified for including something extra.

Last edited by Ryan Trevisol; 12-20-2012 at 06:39 AM.
12-20-2012, 05:19 PM   #51
Inactive Account

entered. mine's colorful.:-)
12-20-2012, 07:51 PM   #52
Forum Member

I'm so excited!! Good luck to everyone!

12-20-2012, 09:07 PM   #53
JFN
Veteran Member

When do we get to know?
12-20-2012, 09:42 PM   #54
Inactive Account

Cover Photos | Facebook

I think it's been decided. Good design, though i hope the maker added a profile pic since the current one clips horribly over the new banner.
12-20-2012, 10:33 PM   #55
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
This contest is now closed. Overall, we received submissions from nearly 100 members, and I'd like to thank each and every one of you for taking the time to submit some truly impressive work!

Without further ado, here is our winner:

Name:  f.jpg
Views: 562
Size:  55.0 KB

D4V1D's banner was chosen because it combines excellent design with a very creative idea, and the idea lends itself to remixes and different slogans as well.

Here are some honorable mentions, in no particular order.

Name:  e.png
Views: 760
Size:  453.7 KB
Name:  c.png
Views: 607
Size:  327.9 KB
Name:  d.png
Views: 870
Size:  224.8 KB
Name:  b.jpg
Views: 695
Size:  55.3 KB
Name:  a.png
Views: 1821
Size:  418.3 KB
Name:  wolverskinz__gmail_com.png
Views: 387
Size:  435.1 KB
Name:  jtriem__roger_com.png
Views: 323
Size:  308.1 KB

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-20-2012, 11:12 PM   #56

Photos: Albums
Congratulations D4V1D! Excellent design. Wish I'd put more effort into my own!

All of the above look awesome!
12-20-2012, 11:28 PM   #57
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Well done. A clever idea, not just a nice design. And even better - no product shot which goes out of date at the next update, so you can use it for years!
12-21-2012, 01:30 AM   #58

Congratulations, winner banner looks realy good.
12-21-2012, 05:33 AM   #59

QuoteOriginally posted by fandart Quote
Congratulations, winner banner looks realy good.
Very impressive designs by all, and congrats to D4V1D!
12-21-2012, 05:52 AM   #60
Veteran Member

Great job!