Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by malanski Quote
Here is what I sumbitted:
love the concept of this one

12-25-2012, 01:01 AM   #77
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by malanski Quote
Here is what I sumbitted:
Nice! I see that some people here feel, that pentax has a history which should be considered instead of showing a bunch of new lenses and the latest models of bodies.
The long thread about adaptall lenses combined with pentax-cameras even shows that some or perhabs most experienced pentax-users are mentally free to combine good equipment from third party manufacturers with their pentax DSLRs. I'm shure, that a lot of old and good flashes from metz are still in use with the K-5, K-7 and other pentax-dslrs.

Canon dumped the compatibility of new cameras with older lenses and accessories. Nikon did it partially. Pentax has not done that, so the brand is very much appreciated by connoisseurs.

Unfortunately the winning banner doesn't express this. Perhaps a vote of users about the banners would be revealing.

Tom

Last edited by sindbad1; 12-25-2012 at 01:09 AM.
12-25-2012, 03:18 AM - 1 Like   #78

I'm bidding for the worst submission!! My son described it as "horrendous".......
Attached Images

12-25-2012, 03:38 AM   #79
Forum Member

If you erase 'proud to be pentax' and leave the original logo, it is not bad. The pictures and the pictogram give you a feeling of a discussion and thinking. That's what a forum is for. The idea of letting photographic equipment speak to each other, think and even dream is very good. If a capable designer picks up that idea, something very good might come out. You have tried to give cameras personalities and own minds. All the other banners only show technology. Don't call it 'worst submission'. The idea behind it is brilliant.

Tom

12-25-2012, 05:40 AM   #80
Veteran Member

excellent design! didn't have a chance to enter but I am sure this one would have bet mine hands down

randy
12-25-2012, 06:51 AM   #81
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Lotta good ones... Romansolar's are the bomb, though.
12-26-2012, 09:06 PM   #82
Inactive Account

my banner is used without permission in yesterday facebook page, I think this contest is not fair.

12-26-2012, 10:33 PM   #83
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GibbyTheMole Quote
Lotta good ones... Romansolar's are the bomb, though.
thank you Gibby, very kind from you
12-27-2012, 11:50 PM   #84
Veteran Member

This was my submission- was trying to take this as I do other client requests- logo positioning, using their colors, etc. Tried to break up the right-side weighted layout by dividing the left side space from the right, using highlights and texture. Top-down image of the K-30 married nicely in its shape with the flow of the PF logo.
Attached Images

12-28-2012, 06:13 AM   #85

Grats to the winner. Funny, I submitted something similar but without any text. Maybe I shoud have written something like "pentaxforums.com - a place for Pentax users" Or maybe the white version is better? Couldn't decide which one to submit. Anyway, I thought my idea was unique until I saw the winning banner. Good jobs everyone, we had our fun at least
Attached Images

12-28-2012, 06:45 AM   #86

Photos: Gallery
Seeing that so many already posted their submissions I though it would be OK to post mine too. It included both the banner and fitting profile pic, and the idea was to keep it simple and sleek so that it would be agreeable to the widest possible audience:
Attached Images

12-28-2012, 07:23 PM   #87
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by slip Quote
excellent design! didn't have a chance to enter but I am sure this one would have bet mine hands down

randy
Nah, yours should have won. Its got a bike in it