08-26-2014, 08:33 AM   #16

Great idea, hope that i can win.

08-26-2014, 08:37 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by noelcmn Quote
Such discrimination around here against older Pentaxians . Fantastic idea, you are to be congratulated for your generosity! What a lovely way to inspire new talent! Presumably, we will only be able to see submissions at a later stage, or is there a thread that we can look at the submissions in the meantime. That would be great.
No discrimination intended but I figure all the old (oops) 'experienced' folks just participated in the K-3 contest.
This one is for our newbies.

Adam has set this up so all entries will be visible at the same time.
This way having a post in early or late doesn't add any advantage.

---------- Post added 08-26-14 at 08:42 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by YARADNYL Quote
A generous idea. I hope you do not get too many people complaining about the rules or deadline etc. I'm well ruled out as I have a K5 which was bought in 2012 to replace a iSTDS bought in 2005.
Thanks.
I expect some will be disappointed but I am counting on the good will and friendly spirit of our forum to prevail.

---------- Post added 08-26-14 at 08:50 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by asiafish Quote
Same problem. Where I live we don't even have a proper camera store less than 100 miles away.

I do have primes, just like the idea of winning a contest and starting another one to pay it forward with a theme of my choosing (bokeh, of course).
Looking forward to more giveaways from generous folks like you in the future.
(I would lose a bokeh contest. )
08-26-2014, 08:50 AM - 1 Like   #18
Closed Account

Photos: Albums
There should be no disappointment going on here. It's your lens to do with what you will - and I think what you're doing is fantastic. Money can be tough to come by, so the opportunity to get your hands on a quality performer is great.

Very cool of you to do this 😊
08-26-2014, 08:59 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
A stellar idea! I'll be in on the voting for sure.

08-26-2014, 09:07 AM   #20
Veteran Member

You will give it away outside US too?

Cheers!

---------- Post added 08-26-14 at 06:09 PM ----------

and I bought my camera in August after joining this forum. Can I participate?

Cheers!

---------- Post added 08-26-14 at 06:22 PM ----------

I also wanted to mention. May the kind spirit be spread and a great opportunity for many people to learn.

Giving is best gift of being human.

Cheers!
08-26-2014, 09:23 AM   #21
Forum Member

What a amazing opportunity... definitely will join. Thanks Larry for this great chance!
08-26-2014, 09:58 AM   #22

is it bad that all I would do is replace the old manual 50mm/1.8 with a new AF one.....? I use that lens all the time, but would be convenient to AF and A mode

08-26-2014, 10:59 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Is PP/photoshop allowed for the submitted image?
08-26-2014, 12:17 PM - 3 Likes   #24
Veteran Member

Phenomenal, Larry. Fantastic idea.

I'd like to point out that no bitching should occur with this giveaway. As someone that hosted a lens giveaway here, as well as watching Adam's conducting of the K-3 giveaway that just happened, it blows my mind how in the face of one's generosity and doing something they absolutely didn't need to do, people still found it in them to rudely complain and belittle the host that made the effort to give away such a prize (and cost of it not just in time, but monetarily as well when you factor giving away vs selling).

Again, incredible gesture on crewl1's behalf, and I encourage all the PF "newbies" to really stretch their imaginations and skill sets to compete. Even if you don't win, I bet you'll find yourself a better photographer for it from not only your submission, but those around you (and let's be honest, that's the real, enduring prize)

-Heie

Last edited by Heie; 08-26-2014 at 12:27 PM. Reason: typo
08-26-2014, 12:24 PM - 1 Like   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Deedee Quote
You will give it away outside US too?

Cheers!

---------- Post added 08-26-14 at 06:09 PM ----------

and I bought my camera in August after joining this forum. Can I participate?

Cheers!

---------- Post added 08-26-14 at 06:22 PM ----------

I also wanted to mention. May the kind spirit be spread and a great opportunity for many people to learn.

Giving is best gift of being human.

Cheers!
Hi Deedee yes I will ship the lens to the winner anywhere in the world.

I went back and looked at your posting history and it does show that you joined in May to perform research, and then first posted about your new K-5ii in August.

As far as I am concerned you are ok to submit an entry.

In most cases I will use the join date as the determining factor but if anyone has a similar situation please ask.
08-26-2014, 12:47 PM   #26
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
50mm Lens Giveaway
The generous spirit of this forum goes on from strength to strength.

Good on you my man, enjoy all the reading and the images as much as I'm sure we all will.
08-26-2014, 01:30 PM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
I went back and looked at your posting history and it does show that you joined in May to perform research, and then first posted about your new K-5ii in August.
I joined this forum to help me decide to buy the Pentax So yes just an year now. Thank you so much for your kind response.

Cheers!
08-26-2014, 01:44 PM   #28

Can I post a picture with post-production? Or does it have to be SOOC? Thanks for the giveaway
08-26-2014, 01:55 PM   #29

My great little 50mm f/1.8

Guess I don't qualify .. Have one already ... Great lens .. Pentax 50mm f/1.8 Shot w/my K-5IIs
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
08-26-2014, 04:08 PM   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What a great way to introduce new Pentax users to Primes