Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-26-2014, 04:11 PM   #31
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
No requirements for the photo other than it be made by a Pentax, preferably yours.

---------- Post added 08-26-14 at 05:54 AM ----------

If you can borrow a Pentax in lieu of your own, you can use it to submit your picture.

---------- Post added 08-26-14 at 05:58 AM ----------

I didn't intentionally exclude film slrs but figure those users will have picked up a prime or two to go with it.
If you are a new member and want to enter just borrow a Pentax camera where we can see the EXIF for your photo.

Hopefully someone else will run a giveaway for a film era prime next ?

---------- Post added 08-26-14 at 05:59 AM ----------

Haha so true, LBA begins !

---------- Post added 08-26-14 at 06:01 AM ----------

I'm just paying forward the generous spirit of others on this forum.
Inspiration comes from users like @Adam, @Heie, @Kerrowdown and I'm sure many others before my joining.

---------- Post added 08-26-14 at 06:09 AM ----------

As you are a Pentaxian since 88 and seeing a couple of primes in your sig I don't feel too bad for you

---------- Post added 08-26-14 at 06:29 AM ----------

More info about the submission rules:
The text of your post should be NO MORE than 300 words!
If you can get your message through in much less please do so.
Please do not get disqualified for going over.
You do need to write at least one complete sentence though.

The picture can have been made during the past year and it does have to be taken by a Pentax DSLR or K-01.
You can create a new picture just for the contest if you wish.

Keep in mind the combination of text and photo will be what voters will use to decide if you deserve the lens.
Well, I'd just like to say - You're doing a great thing for newer members. My hat off to you.

08-26-2014, 07:10 PM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by willskywalker93 Quote
Is PP/photoshop allowed for the submitted image?
Yes you can post process your image.

---------- Post added 08-26-14 at 07:12 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Tarcisio Pontes Quote
Can I post a picture with post-production? Or does it have to be SOOC? Thanks for the giveaway
Yes it is ok to post process the photo.

---------- Post added 08-26-14 at 07:14 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Jeff413 Quote
Guess I don't qualify .. Have one already ... Great lens .. Pentax 50mm f/1.8 Shot w/my K-5IIs
Wonderful photos, thanks for the samples. This should increase the submissions.

---------- Post added 08-26-14 at 07:18 PM ----------

Just to make sure all are aware, the rules state that members joined within the last year can enter.

If your forum join date shows earlier than August 2013 but you feel you should be able to submit please ask.
(Worked for Deedee.)

Last edited by crewl1; 08-26-2014 at 07:19 PM.
08-27-2014, 08:07 PM   #33

Eligible?

1.) you must have acquired a first Pentax DSLR (or K-01) within the last 12 months and in turn joined this forum, evidenced by your join date
Just to make sure all are aware, the rules state that members joined within the last year can enter.
Hi crewl1, I've had a K-x for the past several years, but only joined this forum ~1.5 months ago. Would I still be eligible to enter? (I have not yet entered the world of primes, but am planning on "taking the jump" soon. )
Either way, thanks for the giveaway - the idea of someone doing so cheers my spirits.
John
08-27-2014, 10:33 PM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by johndny Quote
Hi crewl1, I've had a K-x for the past several years, but only joined this forum ~1.5 months ago. Would I still be eligible to enter? (I have not yet entered the world of primes, but am planning on "taking the jump" soon. )
Either way, thanks for the giveaway - the idea of someone doing so cheers my spirits.
John
Hi John, I appreciate you being honest about the length of time you've had your K-x because you didn't have to say anything and you could have just submitted an entry based on your join date.
The intent of this contest is for newer members of the Pentax family to have a chance to experience a prime lens.
If you feel that fits your situation. based on your join date you are technically allowed to enter.
If you feel you may have an unfair advantage of some sort based on your lengthy experience with your K-x, or if you feel others are more deserving for any reason, then I will leave it up to you to decide not to enter.

08-28-2014, 01:13 AM   #35

Photos: Albums
Need it!

I'll soon send my entry! Thank you!
08-28-2014, 06:48 AM   #36
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Siskan Quote
I'll soon send my entry! Thank you!
Hello Siskan this contest is for new members up to a year prior.
Based on your join date you would not be eligible to enter.
Do you have an exceptional circumstance?
08-29-2014, 12:47 AM   #37

Photos: Albums
ups!

Oh no! It's just I've started to use the Forum more lately. Well, good luck to all those "newbbie"!

08-29-2014, 09:28 AM   #38

What a great idea!

Hello Everyone!

I just bought my first Pentax a few months ago and joined this forum soon after. I've been lurking and learning a lot from everyone. This is a great idea! I am not going to enter the contest because I actually bought this lens for myself a few weeks after purchasing a K-500. I'm new to the hobby of photography, DSLRs, and Pentax. But, I've been reading and practicing and enjoying myself and this forum very much.

Good luck to all who enter! I just thought I'd practice uploading photos here, too. This is one is from my K-500 with the DA 50mm prime lens!
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-500  Photo 
08-29-2014, 10:00 AM   #39
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by chickpeas Quote
Hello Everyone!

I just bought my first Pentax a few months ago and joined this forum soon after. I've been lurking and learning a lot from everyone. This is a great idea! I am not going to enter the contest because I actually bought this lens for myself a few weeks after purchasing a K-500. I'm new to the hobby of photography, DSLRs, and Pentax. But, I've been reading and practicing and enjoying myself and this forum very much.

Good luck to all who enter! I just thought I'd practice uploading photos here, too. This is one is from my K-500 with the DA 50mm prime lens!
Good to have you on board, congrats on the 50mm and thanks for the sample foto!.
Pass me a mallet please.
08-29-2014, 11:29 AM   #40
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Well, it's still intimidating contest for someone who is newbie in all aspects: with dslr in general, with Penax cameras, and PF.
I knew it will not be that easy!

Last edited by micromacro; 08-29-2014 at 11:53 AM.
08-29-2014, 01:02 PM   #41

That is a great idea, thank you to permit to a new member to win this wonderful lens (and to escape for the zoom kit!) !
08-29-2014, 04:44 PM   #42
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Just a little over a week left to enter.

For everyone's information I also cannot see the entries, so I will ask Adam just before the end of the contest entry period to let me know if there are any obvious entries that need to be disqualified for violation of the rules.

Those who are submitting make sure you follow the rules stated:
1.) Forum Join Date no earlier than August 2013 (with grace period exceptions noted in this thread)
2.) Maximum 300 words for your text portion
3.) One photo from a Pentax DSLR or K-01. If EXIF is not available we will ask for an original be uploaded where it can be verified.

Looking forward to the entries.
08-29-2014, 08:19 PM   #43
Veteran Member

I'm really excited that you're doing this! I like how you're keeping up the tradition of passing on the lens, and I like how this is a contest for newbies-- I feel like I'm at a disadvantage in the regular contests because I don't have as much experience and haven't amassed a big repertory of good photos yet.
08-29-2014, 09:29 PM   #44
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I'm hoping the winner really finds the lens useful and learns something from using it.

If this contest inspires someone else to have a giveaway that would be cool too.

Best of luck!
08-30-2014, 06:54 AM   #45
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I can see my submission post if logged in. Can anyone else to see it?