Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 65 Likes Search this Thread
11-02-2014, 06:13 AM - 1 Like   #61
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
You've pretty much summed up this contest right there. Even if you're only in the top 10 one day out of the whole month, you're already in the drawing for the grand prize.
Thanks for responding Adam. Just to clarify, I do think it's great that there's a contest, and the prizes are amazing. But for me, to even be in the top 10 on single day seems unlikely. I don't mind that you want to encourage participation and favor the forum's "heavy hitters", so to speak, but it would be nice if there was maybe one (small) prize that was more or less open to everyone who's at least active on the forums - even if it's just a PF t-shirt or somesuch. That's why I suggested one prize where it's one chance to win per post, but it could also be drawn amongst everyone that (say) achieves a more than one post per day average throughout the month. Just something to make it a bit more inclusive.

And in the meantime, good luck to the heavy hitters.

11-02-2014, 09:03 AM - 1 Like   #62
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Doundounba Quote
even if it's just a PF t-shirt or somesuch.
I would love a PF t-shirt!
11-02-2014, 11:27 AM   #63
Forum Member

How do I post photos to...

I understand the November Contest for the Pentax Lenses, but HOW DO I POST PHOTOS TO THAT CONTEST? I wanted all 3 of my photos that I posted yesterday to be posted for this contest...I thought that's what I did by using the URL that was sent to me in my email.
11-02-2014, 01:24 PM - 1 Like   #64
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kiki Rose Quote
I understand the November Contest for the Pentax Lenses, but HOW DO I POST PHOTOS TO THAT CONTEST? I wanted all 3 of my photos that I posted yesterday to be posted for this contest...I thought that's what I did by using the URL that was sent to me in my email.
You don't have to post pictures for the contest. HERE you can read the rules.

11-02-2014, 04:21 PM - 1 Like   #65

Great contest I won't win. Especially since I can't figure out how to do a post. All I can do is reply to existing posts.
11-02-2014, 04:56 PM - 1 Like   #66
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

"This contest is designed to give people the habit of posting more posts in the relevant forums, and to post quality messages, not just random one liners, but constructive and helpful things"

I gave up any hopes of this contest when the results from the first day were posted. The high posters 80+? posts! Don't know how anyone can post quality messages this many times in one day. I think the contest is a wonderful idea, but it does leave out the majority of members of even dreaming of a chance of winning anything. But good luck and best wishes to the winners! I'm on the site daily, and do appreciate all I'm learning here, but contests are out of my reach.
11-02-2014, 05:13 PM   #67
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
The high posters 80+? posts! Don't know how anyone can post quality messages this many times in one day.
They don't Make a bunch of posts, compliment people so you get "Likes" and you'll have a good chance.

Remember, this isn't a contest for quality, its a contest for quantity.

11-02-2014, 05:37 PM - 1 Like   #68
Veteran Member

I wish there could be some kind of contest for the people like myself that do not post as much as others. I love both of these lenses, well I really really love the 15mm f4 Limited for it's wide angle of view and it can be had in silver to match my K-5 limited silver body. I can't comment much on the 77mm F1.8 Limited for I do not use that focal length much but I do believe I could take better "portraits" of the family with that lens! I will never be able to afford either of these lenses and since I post so little, not a lot to say, since I am on the forum to learn more rather than write posts that mean nothing I can not hope to win. My only other comment is that the long term experienced Pentax users will post the most plus they may also be the ones with the budget to buy the latest equipment including these type of Limited lenses so what would happen if the winner has both of these lenses??? Well that's all I can say for today.
11-02-2014, 05:50 PM - 1 Like   #69
Veteran Member

I have to admit that after two days of trying, I'm frustrated, too. After posting pretty much everything I can think of that's clever or relevant today, I'm only up to ~20 points with three likes, and I'd need more than 40 to even crack the top 10. In the meantime, my notifications are swamped with updates on threads I'm only peripherally interested in, making it much harder for me to follow the discussions that interest me more. I think I'll be bowing out of this contest, which has me pretty disappointed because I was really looking forward to it.
11-02-2014, 07:19 PM   #70
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Outis Quote
I have to admit that after two days of trying, I'm frustrated, too. After posting pretty much everything I can think of that's clever or relevant today, I'm only up to ~20 points with three likes, and I'd need more than 40 to even crack the top 10. In the meantime, my notifications are swamped with updates on threads I'm only peripherally interested in, making it much harder for me to follow the discussions that interest me more. I think I'll be bowing out of this contest, which has me pretty disappointed because I was really looking forward to it.
Don't get despondent on the first weekend Outis! It was always going to be challenging on the very first weekend. The Key to this contest is getting likes and having fun. Getting likes is not easy but posting good photos, being helpful when people ask questions and cracking a few jokes is a good start. It only takes one good photo to get enough likes for the day to be eligible for an entry. Then you just have to put in the effort to make short but friendly comments on other peoples post. Saying "nice photo" to someone takes two seconds and makes them feel good.

On the positive note the chances of posting a photo and not having any replies to it are slim to none, even if the photo is only going to be on page one for like 6 hours
11-02-2014, 07:44 PM   #71
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
They don't Make a bunch of posts, compliment people so you get "Likes" and you'll have a good chance.

Remember, this isn't a contest for quality, its a contest for quantity.
And that in itself is sad. Just to post, to be posting, complimenting just to get "Likes", will simply clutter up the threads rather than encouraging members to post quality, rather than quantity. This site is a very high quality site with great members, and I am proud to be a member, I just am not interested in a contest like this. Again, I wish the winners the very best!
11-02-2014, 07:50 PM   #72
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by flaviopetrone Quote
You don't have to post pictures for the contest. HERE you can read the rules.
I do understand this, but I would still like to know how to post the photos that I'd like to post. I have commented on many photos and plan to keep doping so, but I also would like to post my photos to show off and have comments made on them as well. Where do I go to post my photos to the contest, or even helpful ideas, and such? I have a URL that was sent to me by PentaxForums.com, but was only able to post 1 photo with that URL. I'd like to know where to go to post for this contest. Any helpful ideas??
11-02-2014, 07:55 PM   #73
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

As I mentioned in your post that you said was moved, your photos only count if someone else comments on them or gives them a like. To post your photos go to this section of the site Post your Photos. Once your photos are posted, members will post a like to your user name, if they do, then it counts for the contest. Just posting your photos doesn't count in the contest.
11-02-2014, 07:57 PM   #74
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by robjmitchell Quote
Don't get despondent on the first weekend Outis!
I wanted to win a lens for my best camera buddy who kept me company during my dissertation-writing and can't afford to buy himself a nice prime lens! *sniff.*
11-02-2014, 09:31 PM   #75
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by Kiki Rose Quote
I do understand this, but I would still like to know how to post the photos that I'd like to post. I have commented on many photos and plan to keep doping so, but I also would like to post my photos to show off and have comments made on them as well. Where do I go to post my photos to the contest, or even helpful ideas, and such? I have a URL that was sent to me by PentaxForums.com, but was only able to post 1 photo with that URL. I'd like to know where to go to post for this contest. Any helpful ideas??
I usually keep my photos on a hosting site like Photobucket or Flickr, then use the IMG coded link to insert them in posts here. It reduces the load on the server storage for the servers that host this forum, helping to keep the costs down for the forum owners.

And usually you can select a image size for the link so the picture isn't displayed so big that all others see is a tiny corner of it.

Other people use other methods, such as creating a gallery or album here, and then using the BB code to place the photo in a thread.

Once you get that part set up there are lots of places on the forum to post your photos here: Photo Sharing and Galleries - PentaxForums.com

There are so many places there that when I first became a member here it was a bit intimidating, but after a bit I became familiar with the layout and found lots of great places to view and share photos.

If you have more questions sometimes answers can be found here: Site Suggestions and Help - PentaxForums.com

If you don't see an answer to your question, this is a good place to post one about how to perform various functions like posting and uploading. Someone will be more likely to see your post and respond .

Good luck!
Racer