Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-04-2014, 02:19 PM   #91

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I'm happy to announce that our November giveaway is about to start! The giveaway kicks off at midnight CDT on November 1st, in just under 6 hours.

Each day in November, the top forum poster* will win a daily prize. The top 10 posters will also receive a raffle entry for the grand prize drawing.

Our grand prize this month are the HD Pentax-DA 15mm F4 Limited and the SMC Pentax-FA 77mm F1.8 Limited, making this one of our biggest giveaways to date.

At the end of the month, the top overall raffle ticket holder will receive a SMC Pentax-DA 50mm F1.8 lens as a guaranteed prize, regardless of the raffle results.

*Daily score calculation = L + P, where L is the number of users who have liked any your posts that day, and P is your number of posts.
L cannot exceed P. P cannot exceed 25 + 5L.

Leaderboards and live stats: November Giveaway Tracker - PentaxForums.com
More details on daily prizes: Win a Limited Lens: November Daily Prize Giveaway - Giveaways and Events | PentaxForums.com

Winners so far:

Day 1: phoenixvision - extra raffle tickets

Tips:

The quality of your posts takes precedence over quantity, since the number of Likes you receive each day plays a key role in determining your maximum daily score. For example, if you were to make 30 posts tomorrow and got 1 like, your score would be 31. But if you made 30 posts got no likes, your score would only be 25. Be helpful to others and you will surely be rewarded.

Want to increase your chances of winning one of the Limited lenses? If you end up in the top 10 scorers on 3 or more days (they don't have to be consecutive), you will automatically receive a 20% bonus to your overall number of raffle entries. You can also opt for bonus entries as a daily prize.

Do not ask for Likes or make meaningless posts, as this will disqualify you.

Quick links:

i dont mind if it will be the 15 or the 77mm: i like both :-)

11-05-2014, 02:50 AM   #92
Forum Member

Wild boars would go for Pentax 77 limited

“Hey kid, what lenses he stares at us and takes pictures of us…?
I don’t know and care I ‘m back to ‘im…
That’s good so sleep and take care…”
This photographer would need Pentax 77 limited to capture more, vote for him !!!

Last edited by Libor; 07-07-2016 at 08:21 AM.
11-05-2014, 06:03 PM   #93
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I fear this contest will generate more noise than light
11-05-2014, 06:11 PM   #94
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Transit Quote
I fear this contest will generate more noise than light
That post is a good example of that. (Despite the mixed metaphor)

11-05-2014, 06:42 PM   #95
Pentaxian

Noise in a good way
11-05-2014, 08:32 PM   #96
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

We hope so.
11-06-2014, 05:35 AM   #97
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Aristophanes Quote
Quality of submissions, not quantity!
working on it...definitely using this to try and raise the bar and only use new work.....as David Byrne once said about song writing....my goal is to not write bad lyrics.....as the contest is about quantity...trying to make sure each submission has a minimal standar and keep trying to raise the bar...in photos and the written word.....

11-06-2014, 05:58 AM - 1 Like   #98
Veteran Member

I really wish people would actually read the rules of the contest, because there are many people just "trying to win" but they are doing it in ways that don't actually count.. maybe it would help if the contest rules would be translated to one or two other languages? But it would have to be very precise, so they would say the exact same thing, with no ambiguity
11-06-2014, 06:10 AM   #99
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by robjmitchell Quote
If posting lovely photos and having me like them goes against the spirit of pentax forums then there is a problem with the forum!. That being said now I have got a couple entries I am planning to make the challenge more challenging for myself by only posting new photos. Its not like the number of post needed is that many, not for anyone trying to catch up on a few days posting on single lens challenge anyway!
I took your idea to heart...I am only postin current daily photos now...and have used the contest as inspiration to get out of my comfort zone of shooting people and trying to expand my vision...thanks for the idea!
11-06-2014, 05:43 PM   #100
IHS

Any one of those lenses would smoke what I'm working with now...no chance for a noob of course, but what a great giveaway. This site rocks. Good luck!!!
11-07-2014, 04:54 AM   #101
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I had the flu a few weeks ago and could not stop posting, and now I'm back at work.

How's about a competition for the greatest comment ever made on Pentax forums ! You know, you could make a few categories, let everyone vote for the best wise crack !

I never thought I'd say it, but its a pity I'm not sick with the flu !
11-07-2014, 04:23 PM   #102

QuoteOriginally posted by tvdtvdtvd Quote
I knew I should have voted for the FA31, as I'm much more likely to purchase the FA77 this weekend. 'course, I have no expectation
to win through volume posting so it really is a non issue. And if freak of freak should occur, well, I guess I can hack that extra FA77 into
an enlarger lens or something.

Argh! How could you hack that lens for something like that? I would die for that lens.
11-07-2014, 05:14 PM   #103
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

on my side this contest lead me to discover many other areas ot this rich forum...
11-10-2014, 01:09 AM   #104
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tvdtvdtvd Quote
I have to agree with the general sentiment. Volume posting does not quality make and it's easy to pad posts without resorting to "Me Too!".
I think the intentions are good, but without any way to rate posts for content beyond Likes, it's all going to fall to whomever has the most
free time to spam, er, fill the forums.

Perhaps in future contests there might be multiple ways of winning including volume posting, number of reviews submitted, random lottery,
etc.

On the plus side, this bit of gripe just earned me a post! Now, if can just do that 50-60 more times..... In a day..... Each day....
You could post some of your unpublished photos for advice, critique, or just for everyone to see; they count as posts. You could give insightful advice to others and post your thoughts about someone else's photos. There are hundreds of ways to contribute to a discussion without spamming, imo. I do hope that the mods can keep an eye out for spam, however.
11-10-2014, 04:33 AM   #105

Hello Adam.

I don't think this is the right way to run a competition like this and here is a few ways I feel it can be better.

Firstly Remove the Stupid page showing how many post each person has and who is the leader. Even I started out trying to just give quality responses and informative news and reviews and beautiful photos. The the moment you look at that page the competitive side comes out in everyone and they must try and post more. If this sheet was hidden then that problem will be solved. You just don't know if your leading or not.

Secondly I would do something like saying every 50th post on the website gets +3-5 entries to the competition to add a bit of randomness to it. I would release the final standings only maybe at the end or release it one week at a time.

I also think likes should maybe count more and maybe be in the form of 5 likes gets you one entry. That way making it a bit wider to the whole Pentax community.

It did get me to start posting a bit more so cant say that it did not work as intended...;-)

Thanks Adam.