Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 78 Likes Search this Thread
12-10-2014, 02:38 PM   #1396

Sounds like an awesome idea. It'd be nice to win.

---------- Post added 12-10-14 at 02:40 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by puruttya Quote
It would be my first Limited.
I wanna win...

12-10-2014, 02:40 PM   #1397

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Since it's the season of giving, it's time for our next giveaway! The winners of our November giveaway have already been announced.

This month, we'll be giving away the legendary FA 31mm F1.8 Limited lens to one lucky winner who will be drawn at random among all the participants.

Our 3 million post giveaway will be very simple. To be eligible to win:
  • Simply make at least one thread or reply anywhere on the forum any time from now until the forum post count reaches 3,000,000
As soon as we reach 3 million posts, everyone who is eligible (has posted on the forum) will receive an e-mail with a link to a special thread in which the winner will be drawn. Just reply to that thread within 36 hours to secure a spot in the drawing. That's it!

I expect us to hit 3 million posts in about two weeks.

Good luck and see you on the forum!

Yes please :-)
12-10-2014, 02:43 PM   #1398

Hope I am not too late. I would love that lens.
12-10-2014, 02:43 PM   #1399

I wish good luck to everyone!

12-10-2014, 02:44 PM   #1400
cmv

Wow! The FA 31mm is legendary.
12-10-2014, 02:45 PM   #1401

Want

I've always wanted a FA31.

I've been using mostly the Sony a6000 these days. This lens might give my K-5 IIs some action.
12-10-2014, 02:49 PM   #1402

Love to Tether an FA 31mm to my K3

I would love an FA 31mm Ltd so I would post the following message hoping someone in Ricoh/Pentax land would help us help to promote the Pentax/Ricoh Brand. Not sure where this post is best posted, so her goes.

I continue to be annoyed that tethering once available on Pentax DSLRs has been missing for too long and impacts my workflow and percieved professionalism when using my wonderful Pentax K3. Poor show by Pentax, Hoya and now Ricoh disapointingly continues the tradition.

I use the K3 in the studio and without the AI filter and using good glass it delivers superb images for portrait and fashion photography. I have also read that it would help in focussing for photostacking for product photography and better than squinting at a 3" display. So the flagship K3 is up there with the Canon and Nikons in image quality, but it looks a poorer cousin when I cannot tether to a PC with large screen and Lightroom to show clients. I have read that the Pentax 645Z Medium Frame camera uses the same image processing engine as the K3. Other than the obvious physical difference, the same ports exist on the 645Z and the K3 so why doesn't Ricoh/Pentax update the software to recognise and work with the K3?

The Flucard is good but it is slow and once again makes the K3 appear sluggish and inferior to the Canon and Nikon cameras. Furthermore its functionality does not provide a method of directly downloading images and having them auto-import into Lightroom.If the software exists to remotely control the camera and transport images via the Flucard why can't this be ported to provide a hardwire tethering via USB to Lightroom?

Then there is the donationware tethering software PKTether, which has become the defacto tethering software for the most recent incarnations of the the K series APSC cameras. Why hasnt Ricoh/Pentax worked with this developer to lift this from the defacto to a fully-fledged Ricoh/Pentax supported product?

If Ricoh are truelly wanting to engage with loyal Pentax users I hope they are reading, listening and hearing what Pentax devotees are requiring to push Pentax into the big league. With the developments by Canon, Nikon and more recently Sony, Pentax cannot afford to be travelling in the dust and smoke of the competition when Pentax can deliver images that side by side from all cameras look equally impressive.

So again there are at least 3 tethering paths for Rich/Pentax to pursue:

1. Why doesn't Ricoh/Pentax update the 645Z tethering software to recognise and work with the K3?

2. Why can't the Flucard software be ported to provide a hardwire tethering via USB to Lightroom?

3. Why hasn't Ricoh/Pentax worked with the developer of PKTether to lift it from the defacto to a fully-fledged Ricoh/Pentax supported product?

The best example to show the K3 (ideally teamed up with the 31mm FA lens) is up there with the other big boys is having us out there promoting the Pentax/Ricoh Product by live example. Is there anyone out there from Ricoh/Pentax who is listening and willing to help us or am I just pushing electrons into the WWW in despair and futility?

12-10-2014, 02:49 PM   #1403

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Best lens for me

Now this is the lens I need!
12-10-2014, 02:53 PM   #1404

5263 more posts to go!
12-10-2014, 02:53 PM   #1405

Fa 31

Hi: I have a K10D but am a bit unsure whether the FA series works well on that platform? Might I have to jump to the K50D?

Scott.
12-10-2014, 02:54 PM   #1406

Count me in, thanks Pentaxforums.
12-10-2014, 02:54 PM   #1407

I'd like to be the winner!!! ;-)
12-10-2014, 02:56 PM   #1408

Since it's the season of giving, it's time for our next giveaway! The winners of our November giveaway have already been announced.

This month, we'll be giving away the legendary FA 31mm F1.8 Limited lens to one lucky winner who will be drawn at random among all the participants.

• Simply make at least one thread or reply anywhere on the forum any time from now until the forum post count reaches 3,000,000
As soon as we reach 3 million posts, everyone who is eligible (has posted on the forum) will receive an e-mail with a link to a special thread in which the winner will be drawn. Just reply to that thread within 36 hours to secure a spot in the drawing. That's it!

i would love to get a lens for christmas
12-10-2014, 02:56 PM   #1409

Been non-member lurker for quite some time... chance to win this amazing lens was the push I needed to sign up!
12-10-2014, 02:59 PM   #1410

I don't think I have camera worthy of the lens but there's only one way to be sure.
Closed Thread