Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 17 Likes Search this Thread
07-31-2015, 08:19 PM   #76
Veteran Member

Pentax K-50 Review for me, it made me buy my first (and current) DSLR, PentaxForums helped me choose to buy great photo gear!

08-01-2015, 01:34 AM   #77

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Forum member Yvon Borque (ebooks4pentax) has generously offered to sponsor a giveaway of four comprehensive Pentax eBooks for forum members! Each eBook goes in-depth on a specific camera model, and they are available for nearly every Pentax DSLR body. Our winners will be free to choose the eBook they would like. They will be picked at random from among those who reply to this thread.

--> Learn more about the Pentax eBooks on ebooks4cameras.com.

To enter, just reply to this thread with a link to the Pentax Forums tutorial, in-depth review, user review or user article that you've enjoyed the most or found the most helpful. Feel free to explore our resources while you're at it!

You can also enter to win two more eBooks on our homepage.
I pick Pentax K-5 II / IIs Review - Introduction | PentaxForums.com Reviews because it was really helpful in making my final decision to buy the k5iis
08-01-2015, 03:36 AM   #78

Forum member Yvon Borque (ebooks4pentax) has generously offered to sponsor a giveaway of four comprehensive Pentax eBooks for forum members! Each eBook goes in-depth on a specific camera model, and they are available for nearly every Pentax DSLR body. Our winners will be free to choose the eBook they would like. They will be picked at random from among those who reply to this thread.

To enter, just reply to this thread with a link to the Pentax Forums tutorial, in-depth review, user review or user article that you've enjoyed the most or found the most helpful. Feel free to explore our resources while you're at it!

Hello all,
Living in Norway, using Pentax gear since being 15 (now 68) and have had a lot of fun taking Pictures.
Just bought a HD 15 Ltd and that was a result of Reading the in-Depths review. Very useful :-)
Most into landscapes !
A Nice weekend to all of you.
08-01-2015, 10:01 AM   #79

Pentax K-3 Review - Introduction | PentaxForums.com Reviews

Definitely getting this beauty as my first dslr, I'm a Pentax convert after a lot of research.

08-02-2015, 11:45 AM   #80

Wow....what a great give-away. Thanks for the opportunity.

As far as a favourite article, tutorial or review, that can be tough. So many to choose from but I would have to say my favourite tutorial is The Fundamentals of Exposure - Introduction - In-Depth Articles. Very helpful in so many ways
08-02-2015, 01:14 PM   #81

Photos: Gallery
Pretty amazing: Comprehensive Pentax Flash Guide - Articles and Tips | PentaxForums.com I have to admit that I haven't come further than page 26 of this compendium but yes I will read the remaining 44 pages (if I remember correctly there were 72 to read) and will grasp a better understanding of using my flash at it's best.
08-02-2015, 11:02 PM   #82

Entry for eBook Giveaway

Member Articles
"Pentax model number prefixes"
by Mikesul

Submittted by NightWriter

08-03-2015, 12:53 AM   #83

for me the K-S2 review.
It convinced met to buy it.
And I like it.

Wopie
08-03-2015, 05:53 AM   #84

Along with many others I also enjoyed this one too, after all it tells the story of one our cameras best and most enduring features. The Evolution of the Pentax K-mount - Articles and Tips | PentaxForums.com

08-03-2015, 06:29 AM   #85
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm a little disappointed in the number of replies here and the interest generated. I come from the old school of "Real Men" and where I come from you are just born with all the knowledge you need to navigate this world and everything in it. Real men don't need maps or GPS devices, their inner guidance system will get them to any destination on earth without having to seek help from a stinkin' map or worse, ask someone for directions.
We don't need manuals for cameras or any other complicated device, we just pick them up and start using them and figure it all out as we go along. Real men have superior brainpower and have little or no use for tutorials, seminars, or manuals that are full of things we don't understand anyhow.

Still, I am grateful that PForums provides such services for the members here in need. It's sort of like those two dozen Handicapped parking spaces at Walmart......not everyone needs them, but I am glad they are there for those that do. For me, and the other "Real Men" here, we will stick to our tried and true inner guidance systems to get us through the unknowns of life .

I was never all that talented in artwork, but I learned it all on my own, without fancy lessons, thick books, or long video tutorials and am now considered "world class" by many of my peers. Here is a fine art drawing of a bike I recently assembled for my grandson......he's gonna be just like me and as soon as he learns to navigate on it, he will have loads of time to ride around and have fun instead of wasting his time on homework and going beyond the 6th grade. Worked for me!

Name:  Bike.JPG
Views: 150
Size:  22.8 KB

Good luck on those in need, I hope you win a free lesson or whatever it is you need. I'm heading back over to the PF Lounge where we have plenty of liquor, fat cigars, and dancing nude girls on Friday nights..when we can find them? Any "Real Men" are welcome to come along!

Regards!
08-03-2015, 07:43 AM   #86
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
have loads of time to ride around and have fun instead of wasting his time on homework and going beyond the 6th grade
hehe I used to be like that at 6th grade, never do homework and play games all the time and never read a manual, but now I change and read a lot of books (manuals) instead of trial & errors, I'm very lazy right now ^^ when I wanna learn something, I want to learn from the best of the world (whose books get hundreds or thousands of 5 stars on Amazon ^^), that way if I digest only 50% of the knowledge, I'm still at the OK level
ps : I like the drawing =))))
08-03-2015, 08:41 AM   #87
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by redcat Quote
ps : I like the drawing =))))
Thanks!, I try not to be conceited about my art abilities, but with talent like mine it's hard not to be a little "nose in the air" proud!

As for books and manuals, at my age it is pointless to learn much new, and I already know most everything anyhow. I realized it is a waste of my time when Otis Squirrel never reads or follows any manual and is tons smarter than me...so why bother?

Best Regards!
08-03-2015, 08:41 AM   #88
Veteran Member

One of the articles that help me a lot is the Comprehensive Pentax Flash Guide.
Comprehensive Pentax Flash Guide - Articles and Tips | PentaxForums.com

Thanks,
08-03-2015, 08:43 AM   #89

Although there are many. For me it was Pentax K-50 Review also the k500 review. Used these to buy my first DSLR. So glad I found this site.
08-03-2015, 11:18 AM   #90
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Adam, maybe I missed it somewhere, but when does this end?

Thanks,
Chip
Closed Thread