Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 17 Likes Search this Thread
08-04-2015, 09:43 PM   #106
F/8 & Somewhere
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
You prompted me to read the review, and it does look like an impressive lens in a range that is very useable for general purposes. Is there any specific use that you find it best at?
I once shot a wedding with and old Tokina 2.8 28-70 and sure could have used the extra range. Think this lens could have done a decent job?

Regards!
I find that this lens is specifically good at general purpose. I liked 24mm on film, and this lens gives me the same FOV on APS-C, and neatly covers my most-used range. A great fit for me.

Weddings - this lens might do a decent job, but f5.6 at the long end is a little scary. I would have pretty good confidence in the sharpness.

08-05-2015, 02:15 AM   #107
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Ok, it's time to pick some winners. Check back in the morning (US time) and they should be posted

Thanks for participating guys!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-05-2015, 02:12 PM   #108
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Congrats to:

@Giklab

@mike_berger

@theskonesdad

@wopie

Please send a PM to ebooks4pentax and Yvon will send you the eBook of your choice.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-14-2015, 08:53 PM   #109

Replying to contest.

I liked the Catch In Focus item.

08-15-2015, 01:55 AM   #110
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by divert Quote
I liked the Catch In Focus item.
I think the contest has been over for quite a time
08-15-2015, 03:29 AM - 1 Like   #111
Pentaxian

"All good things come to those who wait" .
08-15-2015, 03:29 AM   #112
Veteran Member

Yeah, this thread could do with a lock.

12-14-2015, 08:01 AM   #113
Veteran Member

The HD Pentax-D FA 150-450mm F4.5-5.6 review was just great. I have marked this lens as GAS, and will go for it as soon as a special offer pops up.
Regards.
12-14-2015, 08:31 AM   #114

Pentax Forums Rocks!!!
Catch-in-Focus Tutorial - Articles and Tips | PentaxForums.com
12-14-2015, 10:29 AM   #115

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Forum member Yvon Borque (ebooks4pentax) has generously offered to sponsor a giveaway of four comprehensive Pentax eBooks for forum members! Each eBook goes in-depth on a specific camera model, and they are available for nearly every Pentax DSLR body. Our winners will be free to choose the eBook they would like. They will be picked at random from among those who reply to this thread.

--> Learn more about the Pentax eBooks on ebooks4cameras.com.

To enter, just reply to this thread with a link to the Pentax Forums tutorial, in-depth review, user review or user article that you've enjoyed the most or found the most helpful. Feel free to explore our resources while you're at it!

You can also enter to win two more eBooks on our homepage.
Why Pentax Isn't Doomed: 10 advantages of Pentax DSLRs versus the competition

Read more at: Why Pentax Isn't Doomed - Articles and Tips | PentaxForums.com
12-14-2015, 10:41 AM   #116

Omg a new camera was under AWESOME!!!!!
12-14-2015, 01:57 PM   #117

The following review helped most to decide on the SMC DA* 200mm f2,8:
SMC Pentax-DA* 200mm F2.8 ED [IF] SDM Reviews - DA Prime Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database
Although quite bulky and a missing a tripod ring, the lens is gorgeous, sharp, fast with great Bokeh. In addition, it comes with a great lens hood.
Good review for a great lens with good price performance.
12-14-2015, 07:51 PM   #118
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Forum member Yvon Borque (ebooks4pentax) has generously offered to sponsor a giveaway of four comprehensive Pentax eBooks for forum members! Each eBook goes in-depth on a specific camera model, and they are available for nearly every Pentax DSLR body. Our winners will be free to choose the eBook they would like. They will be picked at random from among those who reply to this thread.

--> Learn more about the Pentax eBooks on ebooks4cameras.com.

To enter, just reply to this thread with a link to the Pentax Forums tutorial, in-depth review, user review or user article that you've enjoyed the most or found the most helpful. Feel free to explore our resources while you're at it!

You can also enter to win two more eBooks on our homepage.
I love Pentax Gear since Film Era from the 60's with my old Takumar stuff.
Today I own a Pentax K3 with 50mm 1.4 that I loved a lot.
Thanks for everybody and Merry Christmas for all Pentax web site Family
12-15-2015, 01:32 AM   #119

Most valuable to me was Pentax K-r Review - Introduction | PentaxForums.com Reviews
12-15-2015, 07:02 AM   #120
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Genki Quote
I love Pentax Gear since Film Era from the 60's with my old Takumar stuff.
Today I own a Pentax K3 with 50mm 1.4 that I loved a lot.
Thanks for everybody and Merry Christmas for all Pentax web site Family
I read many reviews, is very difficult to decided with one are the best. I can tell you, I love all because they are very easy to digest and very helpful that made me decided with camera and lens to buy. Not only the reviews was helpful, but the Pentax forum members with a lot threads and many pictures to show the news lens gears on the market. This Pentax web site was helpful a lot and I hope they have long life. Thanks for all.
I like these reviews:
Pentax K-3 II Review Pentax K-3 II Review - Introduction | PentaxForums.com Reviews
Pentax-FA 43mm F1.9 Limited Review Pentax-FA 43mm F1.9 Limited Review - Introduction | PentaxForums.com Reviews
Pentax-DA* 55mm F1.4 Review Pentax-DA* 55mm F1.4 Review - Introduction | PentaxForums.com Reviews
I like the Tutorial videos:
The Benefits of Fast SD Cards https://www.pentaxforums.com/articles/tutorial-videos/?page=2
Sensor Shift In Action: Increasing Field of View https://www.pentaxforums.com/articles/tutorial-videos/?page=2
Closed Thread