Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 199 Likes Search this Thread
06-21-2018, 07:36 AM   #256

Would love a new pentax body. let's make it happen, folks.

06-21-2018, 07:51 AM   #257
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I don't know if the eastern hemisphere regularly posts less than the western does or not
look at the members map

Worldwide Pentax User Map - PentaxForums.com

---------- Post added 21-06-18 at 07:55 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Aslyfox Quote
I am curious as to whether the rules for the contest may be discouraging members from participating in the necessary build up
I think that if I had been doing it I would have been tempted to make each post a raffle ticket - but then you'd have to moderate everything posted for garbage posts, so it was probably impractical. I do think it seems unfair from one point of view that some people have been working hard to make the prize available at all and somebody could just post once and win it, but Adam's point seems to be that the real purpose is to promote community activity, and we're all winners there.
06-21-2018, 09:31 AM   #258
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I was sceptical about the contest at the start, because for the first couple of days it looked like it was just going to be the same old people having the same old arguments at even more excruciating length.

But I was wrong.

Lots of interesting and thought provoking new threads have been started, and the discussions have always been intelligent and civilised and often very funny. I think the contest has brought exactly the sense of energy to the forum that it was intended to, and it has certainly got me posting more than I usually do.
06-21-2018, 10:27 AM   #259
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by LensBeginner Quote
Adam posted something at the halfway mark... I imagine not much has changed, with bertwert solidly in the lead, followed by reh321 and me. Can't quite remember the rest, I'm afraid
I'll be easing off the next few days. Regulars at the "Post Your Photos" resent my stirring things up there, and creating discord is contrary to my reasons for participating in the whole thing.

06-21-2018, 10:32 AM   #260
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
I think that if I had been doing it I would have been tempted to make each post a raffle ticket - but then you'd have to moderate everything posted for garbage posts, so it was probably impractical. I do think it seems unfair from one point of view that some people have been working hard to make the prize available at all and somebody could just post once and win it, but Adam's point seems to be that the real purpose is to promote community activity, and we're all winners there.
Bert has the ability to stretch one thought across multiple posts. I am sure that would engender commentary - of the negative kind - if he got a raffle ticket for each post.
06-21-2018, 10:33 AM   #261
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I'll be easing off the next few days. Regulars at the "Post Your Photos" resent my stirring things up there, and creating discord is contrary to my reasons for participating in the whole thing.
Sorry to hear that.
You can comment on my pictures anytime you like (besides, you usually have interesting things to say)
06-21-2018, 10:35 AM   #262
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
I re-read the rules for the n-th time. If I now understand them correctly, being a "high post contributor", may result in receiving a "participation prize - such as a T-shirt.

{see, I can also stretch an answer across two posts!}

06-21-2018, 10:36 AM   #263
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

keep commenting

it is a free world
06-21-2018, 10:55 AM   #264
Pentaxian

keep commenting

it is a free world
I was told "The way I read it was Adam was doing this hoping MORE people would continue to participate in the forum for the next three months. I do NOT believe that Adams intention was to have a handful of people post a hundred times a day just to reach 40,000".

As far as I'm concerned, someone who speaks like that is accepting responsibility to find some other way of getting the total higher. I've been tracking totals recently, and as I've already commented, we "gained two hours" yesterday, which was largely after that discussion, so I'm hoping that general participation will increase.
06-21-2018, 10:56 AM   #265
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Unfortunately, not everyone can seemingly accept constructive criticism. I welcome it, it can only make a person better at what they are attempting to do!
06-21-2018, 11:11 AM   #266
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

I was told "The way I read it was Adam was doing this hoping MORE people would continue to participate in the forum for the next three months. I do NOT believe that Adams intention was to have a handful of people post a hundred times a day just to reach 40,000".

As far as I'm concerned, someone who speaks like that is accepting responsibility to find some other way of getting the total higher. I've been tracking totals recently, and as I've already commented, we "gained two hours" yesterday, which was largely after that discussion, so I'm hoping that general participation will increase.
1 there is no limit to posting

2 how do they hope to reach the magic number if they restrict the amount of posting

3 yes, it would be nice for new people to post but who can make them do It

what do I know
06-21-2018, 11:24 AM   #267
Veteran Member

Bert has the ability to stretch one thought across multiple posts. I am sure that would engender commentary - of the negative kind - if he got a raffle ticket for each post.
I only do that in the WIWBAK3 thread, I try and keep activity on the rest of the forum non spam like.
06-21-2018, 11:37 AM   #268
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

but no one does

or has someone changed the rules of the contest that I am not aware of

there is no benefit to posting a lot other than helping to raise the number of posts
06-21-2018, 11:38 AM   #269
Veteran Member

but no one does

or has someone changed the rules of the contest that I am not aware of

there is no benefit to posting a lot other than helping to raise the number of posts
I think that's his point
06-21-2018, 12:13 PM   #270
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
My immediate reaction was great to see some photos I would never have seen unless you commented on them.
So it’s a “thank you” from me
Closed Thread