Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 366 Likes Search this Thread
06-30-2018, 05:01 AM   #301
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
But wait... Didn't you read Adam's post that said "no Wiki paragraphs"? Oh dear... all that effort...

Apparently I missed that restriction. Else, Adam is an Autechre fan and made an exception.

06-30-2018, 05:05 AM   #302
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
I worked them out to be £400 in the UK.
import duty, yes and about $400 in Australia
06-30-2018, 05:06 AM   #303
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
I noticed one of the entries was the user's second post...
I noticed that too. Even more odd, I initially noted my entry was post #48. Then after I read all the posts
in the thread, noting the curious double entry, I noticed my entry was now post #49. It was if that double
entry was created some time afterward. I'm sure Adam will disallow it as a double entry, though I am
curious how it got there.

Last edited by tvdtvdtvd; 06-30-2018 at 05:17 AM.
06-30-2018, 05:06 AM - 1 Like   #304
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dbs Quote
Course you do
Anyway with 78,000 members why did take so long to reach the target ?
Onlly 2,100 responces ,its only a click away to being involved

Dave
Dave, you should come in and post more often! You have been a member over 8 years but unless the post counts reset at some point in the past, it doesn't look like you have been here having fun online with the rest of these whacky post tramps.
Just post a snap on occasion.

06-30-2018, 05:06 AM   #305
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tvdtvdtvd Quote
Professional contest entrants, I imagine. They don't have time to make real posts because they're too busy practicing their contest
entry skills.
I would definitely think it would be a good idea the change the entry requirements for each of the next two months so that they are not predictable and favour different groupings
06-30-2018, 05:07 AM - 1 Like   #306
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

No Skill Necessary

them's the breaks and the rules

" The contest announcements say, "*Fine print: to prevent cheating, we will limit raffle entries to accounts with at least one post during the contest period and registered for at least 24 hours. Limit one entry per household. No purchase necessary; open to users worldwide. Shipping is included; user responsible for any customs fees or duties. PentaxForums.com management reserves all rights. . . ."

one of the reason I decided not to participate in the actual entry rush is the anticipated problems of connection and

"uh, why is it taking so long to get in " situations

I fully expect the winner of the K 1 to have minimum contributions to the forum. I hope not but then it could happen.

good luck to the eventual winner, would be nice if the winner assuming s/he can afford to, would make a donation to the charity of his/her choice, upon collecting the prize that luck brought to them

Last edited by aslyfox; 06-30-2018 at 05:12 AM.
06-30-2018, 05:08 AM   #307
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

*sigh* I think I missed it... by several hours! Anyway, I have now owned my K-1 for 4 whole weeks, so I won't get in the way of a more deserving participant.

06-30-2018, 05:09 AM - 2 Likes   #308
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tvdtvdtvd Quote
Professional contest entrants, I imagine. They don't have time to make real posts because they're too busy practicing their contest
entry skills.

I too was amazed, yet not amazed at the number of lurkers and new members in the raffle. But then again, I predicted it.

As a long time lurker, user, and fan of the forum - I agree. It got me posting didn't it?
06-30-2018, 05:11 AM - 1 Like   #309
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by blues_hawk Quote
As a long time lurker, user, and fan of the forum - I agree. It got me posting didn't it?
That is an excellent point!
06-30-2018, 05:23 AM   #310
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Congratulations, you guys did it! The community has exceeded 40,000 posts in June, which means that I will be giving away a Pentax K-1 at the end of the day tomorrow.

The winner will be chosen at random from 100 entries. Gain a raffle entry by being one of the first 50 posters to reply in either thread below:

K-1 Raffle: Entry thread 1, 11am UTC, June 30, 2018 - PentaxForums.com
K-1 Raffle: Entry thread 2, 11pm UTC, June 30, 2018 - PentaxForums.com

Good luck!!

Time zone converter:
Local Time Converters -- TimeBie

More info on the giveaway as a whole, which continues into July and August, can be found here:
Pentax K-1 Triple Giveaway: Summer 2018 - Giveaways and Events | PentaxForums.com
Raffle? What raffle?
06-30-2018, 05:23 AM   #311
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by RobG Quote
The shortest entries are 5 characters.
?
06-30-2018, 05:27 AM   #312
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
I would definitely think it would be a good idea the change the entry requirements for each of the next two months so that they are not predictable and favour different groupings
how ???
06-30-2018, 05:33 AM - 4 Likes   #313
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
Dave, you should come in and post more often! You have been a member over 8 years but unless the post counts reset at some point in the past, it doesn't look like you have been here having fun online with the rest of these whacky post tramps.
Just post a snap on occasion.
I hope that all those who have been lurking and came out of the shadows to participate in the chances to win the K 1

would take the time to find their niche at the forums and become part time participants by:

asking questions and seeking the help of the members

commenting in any of the threads

posting their photos, either seeking comments on them or in threads where their efforts will just be enjoyed by others

or starting their own threads

" come on in folks, the water is fine and the rest of us ( for the large part ) are friendly to others
06-30-2018, 05:36 AM   #314
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Tomorrow...if you are Eastern time it is an 8 hour difference.
Don't you mean 4 hours? Eastern Daylight Savings = +4 = 7 AM & 7 PM
06-30-2018, 05:40 AM   #315
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
My prediction was/is in large part facetious. There's no way I could/can predict the winner will be a user with only 7 posts.
Nonetheless, prior experience on internet forums and contests in general suggests that is a very likely possibility.
Closed Thread