Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 366 Likes Search this Thread
06-30-2018, 05:41 AM   #316
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Aslyfox Quote
good luck to the eventual winner, would be nice if the winner assuming s/he can afford to, would make a donation to the charity of his/her choice, upon collecting the prize that luck brought to them
Would it be equally as beneficial to donate equipment?

I hope that all those who have been lurking and came out of the shadows to participate in the chances to win the K 1

would take the time to find their niche at the forums and become part time participants by:

asking questions and seeking the help of the members

commenting in any of the threads

posting their photos, either seeking comments on them or in threads where their efforts will just be enjoyed by others

or starting their own threads

" come on in folks, the water is fine and the rest of us ( for the large part ) are friendly to others
Completely agree! Ill admit, its been one of my difficulties. I really want to have more of my work critiqued and just plain old get out there and take more pictures. Hopefully with more posting in the critiquing section (although it dosent generate crazy amounts of traffic, that can be my contribution for now.

06-30-2018, 05:43 AM   #317
ebk
Loyal Site Supporter

it's a gamble
06-30-2018, 05:45 AM - 1 Like   #318
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

how ???
I don't know to what extent the rules for the first round apply to the whole three months, but if they don't, one suggestion would be a minimum 3 months membership . The stated purpose was to increase the number of conversations, not to attract new members - and while that is a bonus if they're genuine, there is a danger of people only signing up to win a prize that then goes straight onto e-bay. The next month might use different criteria again - number of likes in the qualifying month, for example - just off the top of my head - which might focus on quality of contribution - still have the first 50 raffle, just different qualifications.
06-30-2018, 05:45 AM - 1 Like   #319
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tvdtvdtvd Quote
Professional contest entrants, I imagine. They don't have time to make real posts because they're too busy practicing their contest
entry skills.

I too was amazed, yet not amazed at the number of lurkers and new members in the raffle. But then again, I predicted it.
Everyone predicted it, but we worked toward that goal anyway.

06-30-2018, 05:45 AM   #320
Vas

Greetings from Corfù-Greece
06-30-2018, 05:46 AM   #321

Photos: Albums
Nice.. Now I just wait and pray/hope
06-30-2018, 05:47 AM   #322
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tvdtvdtvd Quote
My prediction was/is in large part facetious. There's no way I could/can predict the winner will be a user with only 7 posts.
Nonetheless, prior experience on internet forums and contests in general suggests that is a very likely possibility.
Yes, and i was just talking about ways around possible structural problems, not ability to know what will actually happen

06-30-2018, 05:51 AM   #323

The K-1 would be my next step in my career... I think
Thank you!
06-30-2018, 05:51 AM   #324

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Congratulations, you guys did it! The community has exceeded 40,000 posts in June, which means that I will be giving away a Pentax K-1 at the end of the day tomorrow.

The winner will be chosen at random from 100 entries. Gain a raffle entry by being one of the first 50 posters to reply in either thread below:

K-1 Raffle: Entry thread 1, 11am UTC, June 30, 2018 - PentaxForums.com
K-1 Raffle: Entry thread 2, 11pm UTC, June 30, 2018 - PentaxForums.com

Good luck!!

Time zone converter:
Local Time Converters -- TimeBie

More info on the giveaway as a whole, which continues into July and August, can be found here:
Pentax K-1 Triple Giveaway: Summer 2018 - Giveaways and Events | PentaxForums.com
Very nice.
06-30-2018, 05:51 AM   #325
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by loyalt Quote
how does a time zone get half an hour off?
Ask the Australian gov. or whoever decided that Adelaide should be half an hour off kilter. Sandy had some insight to this in his response to me.

Here:

A K-1 will be given away tomorrow, June 30th! - Page 10 - PentaxForums.com
06-30-2018, 05:52 AM - 1 Like   #326
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
I don't know to what extent the rules for the first round apply to the whole three months, but if they don't, one suggestion would be a minimum 3 months membership . The stated purpose was to increase the number of conversations, not to attract new members - and while that is a bonus if they're genuine, there is a danger of people only signing up to win a prize that then goes straight onto e-bay. The next month might use different criteria again - number of likes in the qualifying month, for example - just off the top of my head - which might focus on quality of contribution - still have the first 50 raffle, just different qualifications.
good thoughts

really no bad thoughts/suggestions possible

I just want those who want to change/improve the " system " to give specific suggestions as opposed to - it should be changed period

that is all
06-30-2018, 05:52 AM - 1 Like   #327
Veteran Member

Hey Adam,

In light of the fact that the first thread has at least one duplicate post and a number of posts past 50, would it be possible to get a list of the usernames of the people who entered successfully so we know who does and doesn't have to come back for the second thread? Thanks ~
06-30-2018, 05:53 AM   #328
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Would have loved a K-1 to start my Digital Photography course, missed the AM entry window at UTC 1100 :39 secs !
06-30-2018, 05:53 AM   #329
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pent axe Quote
Would it be equally as beneficial to donate equipment? . . .
an " in kind " donation is a " donation " in my book
06-30-2018, 05:56 AM   #330
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Wow. That was frustrating. I watched my screen clock while I was waiting for the refresh.... the thread unlocked and BAM I posted. Only to be told it was already full. Oh well... see everyone who isn't in already in 12 hours!
Same here.

Closed Thread