Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 366 Likes Search this Thread
06-30-2018, 10:28 AM   #436
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by SirTomster Quote
But I see it. #15 HippyHippo. Next Page #16 HippyHippo.

Curious. I see me as #55 but at one point I was #51. Where do you see me?[COLOR="Silver"]
Post 55.

That would place you at 54, four places outside the first 50 tickets. Try again at this afternoon's raffle entry.

06-30-2018, 10:31 AM - 2 Likes   #437
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Clearly there are some anomalies that Adam needs to address. I've sent him a PM inquiring about it. He is good at sussing these things out, and I am confident he will resolve any issues.

Good luck to everyone later today, in the final drawing for this month, and in the drawings in July and August..
06-30-2018, 10:39 AM - 1 Like   #438
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pent axe Quote
Being its color, would that make it transmission oil?
Synthetic.
06-30-2018, 10:41 AM   #439
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Also, if anyone else is seeing multiple entries by a member, please post it here, and I'll see to it Adam is aware of it. As mentioned earlier by him, and in the raffle announcement, the algorithm is set up to prevent multiple entries.

06-30-2018, 10:43 AM - 1 Like   #440
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Im beginning to think this could be rigged.....I posted right at the moment the thread openned, it didnt post...
but then again, it may be my wireless is crappy, now have my computer hardwired, way faster posting now.
06-30-2018, 10:44 AM   #441

Photos: Gallery
I'm one of the lucky lurkers who got in, my suggestion would be to use a smart phone for your entry. Good luck in the next round! 😁
06-30-2018, 10:47 AM - 1 Like   #442

QuoteOriginally posted by BirdDude007 Quote
Im beginning to think this could be rigged.....I posted right at the moment the thread openned, it didnt post...
Think about a server attending like 1000 requests at the same time, with a SINGLE disk, a SINGLE network card, and so on, isn't matter of being rigged, it's a matter of a load of requests that the server can't handle at the same exact time (be honest, all of us have pressed F5 at the exact same time)

06-30-2018, 10:49 AM   #443
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Im beginning to think this could be rigged........
Let's not get rumours started.

I posted right at the moment the thread openned, it didnt post...
I tried at precisely the moment the clock struck the top of the hour. The result was the same as yours. All tickets had been taken.

It took about 15 seconds for the raffle tickets to get snatched up. The range of members who got a ticket go from people who have been members here since the forum went live years ago to people who signed up a couple days ago. A very broad cross section of the membership, I'd say.
06-30-2018, 10:50 AM   #444
maw
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Also, if anyone else is seeing multiple entries by a member, please post it here, and I'll see to it Adam is aware of it. As mentioned earlier by him, and in the raffle announcement, the algorithm is set up to prevent multiple entries.
The curious thing is that I have not seen my name, my index finger is cast, later I will try with my left hand. Nothing is taken for granted.
06-30-2018, 10:55 AM   #445
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Post 55.

That would place you at 54, four places outside the first 50 tickets. Try again at this afternoon's raffle entry.
Yeah. We shall see.

What sucked is I have a screenshot of me showing as #51 Seen in this post (2nd screenshot): Coming up: Triple Pentax K-1 giveaway! - Page 32 - PentaxForums.com

I thought I was in the raffle since Adam's was #1 so I was #51 and subtract one makes me #50. But then you check now and I am #55. I went from a high to a low pretty quick.

Someone else posted about their numbers changing too. So please look into that.

I realize I am SOL on this as people could hack the page to say whatever and I know I did not. But you do not. How can I prove a negative. But unless a developer looks into the logs and maybe see's something. It is what it is.

It just sucks.
06-30-2018, 11:02 AM - 1 Like   #446
Veteran Member

I posted right at the moment the thread openned,
You and 1000+, (2000+?), other members. Try pushing 1000 marbles through a 1" hole all at the same time.
I'm confident they won't all go through at the same time.

FWIW, I didn't watch the clock to wait for the post to open. At 10:59UTC I began refreshing the screen every
few seconds. I honestly don't know exactly what time it was when the post opened, but I knew it immediately
by the lag. Before the post opened, refreshes were immediate, fraction of a second. When the post opened,
I had a lag of 2-3 seconds before the screen refreshed and I was able to hit "Post Reply". I was expedient in
making a post, no more than another 2 or 3 seconds, but then had a lengthy 10-15 second before the screen
refreshed and confirmed I had successfully entered. I was as efficient as I can possibly imagine and
yet I still managed to only grab the 48th place, (post #49). I'm sure those in front of me were only a fraction of
a second quicker in hitting those buttons, and the few behind me who posted before the thread closed were
only a fraction of a second behind me. If it were all done again, I am not confident I would have succeeded.
06-30-2018, 11:03 AM - 1 Like   #447
Pentaxian

but then again, it may be my wireless is crappy, now have my computer hardwired, way faster posting now.
That's because you gave it your best shot and didn't make the cut ! Ohhh Myyy….lol. What has this forum come to ?
No "Good Deed" goes unpunished on here.
06-30-2018, 11:03 AM   #448

Yeah. We shall see.

What sucked is I have a screenshot of me showing as #51 Seen in this post (2nd screenshot): Coming up: Triple Pentax K-1 giveaway! - Page 32 - PentaxForums.com

I thought I was in the raffle since Adam's was #1 so I was #51 and subtract one makes me #50. But then you check now and I am #55. I went from a high to a low pretty quick.

I realize I am SOL on this as people could hack the page to say whatever and I know I did not. But you do not. How can I prove a negative. But unless a developer looks into the logs and maybe see's something. It is what it is.

It just sucks.
Yay, i passed fron 39 to 42, fortunately still in, but it could be like you. So sorry, and try again at the afternoon, be sure to have a CET clock right there and you are done
I used this one Current UTC ? Coordinated Universal Time the big live view is helpful
06-30-2018, 11:08 AM   #449
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tvdtvdtvd Quote
You and 1000+, (2000+?), other members. Try pushing 1000 marbles through a 1" hole all at the same time.
I'm confident they won't all go through at the same time.

FWIW, I didn't watch the clock to wait for the post to open. At 10:59UTC I began refreshing the screen every
few seconds. I honestly don't know exactly what time it was when the post opened, but I knew it immediately
by the lag. Before the post opened, refreshes were immediate, fraction of a second. When the post opened,
I had a lag of 2-3 seconds before the screen refreshed and I was able to hit "Post Reply". I was expedient in
making a post, no more than another 2 or 3 seconds, but then had a lengthy 10-15 second before the screen
refreshed and confirmed I had successfully entered. I was as efficient as I can possibly imagine and
yet I still managed to only grab the 48th place, (post #49). I'm sure those in front of me were only a fraction of
a second quicker in hitting those buttons, and the few behind me who posted before the thread closed were
only a fraction of a second behind me. If it were all done again, I am not confident I would have succeeded.
What He said!^^^^ I was one of the lucky ones, when it lagged a bit after I typed in TWO words, the delay worried me, and when I had to go back several pages I was afraid I was not going to make the first cut. Good luck to those who entered.
06-30-2018, 11:09 AM   #450
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Yeah. We shall see.

It just sucks.

It is possible that during the sudden rush of posts yours was shown at #51, and after a refresh all the others that were settling in reset the lists. I don't know what the accuracy of the software is regarding the time stamps of posts, but it certainly is possible that it was sorting posts to the nearest fraction of a second, and give that there were about a thousand posts all a second or two apart, it may have taken a moment or so to sort them all out.
Closed Thread