Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 366 Likes Search this Thread
06-30-2018, 01:27 PM - 2 Likes   #481
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by FLVTISTPhoto Quote
Me too. I got in, but it wouldn't let me hit the send on my post and I tried three times, trying to figure out what was wrong. Apparently, it filled up within like 30 seconds after the thread was opened!
More like 2-5 seconds...

06-30-2018, 01:28 PM - 1 Like   #482
Veteran Member

It was a chance to have a 1 in 100 chance to win something better than free beer! We can't complain about the chance to get free beer can we? That was the attitude I tried to have when trying to post this morning. I even made sure to get up early to try for the 1 in 100 shot. I thought I was doomed by my location in the sticks of Maine.
06-30-2018, 01:31 PM   #483
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mariaan.loots Quote
K-1 please
Welcome aboard and ... good luck.
06-30-2018, 01:32 PM   #484
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
More like 2-5 seconds...
I'd say that's more accurate.

To give some context, the website response was absolutely fine until I opened the thread, then on my first refresh (to make sure it was, in fact, open), there was a delay in response. I'm only guessing, but I'm pretty sure that was due to the amount of simultaneous posting activity...

06-30-2018, 01:33 PM   #485
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by FLVTISTPhoto Quote
Me too. I got in, but it wouldn't let me hit the send on my post and I tried three times, trying to figure out what was wrong. Apparently, it filled up within like 30 seconds after the thread was opened!
So ... 30 seconds to get a count of ... how many posts?
By the time it takes me to find the thread, hit the right button ... time is out.
I'm out of here.
Best of luck to all !
Cheers!
06-30-2018, 01:34 PM   #486
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
It was a chance to have a 1 in 100 chance to win something better than free beer! We can't complain about the chance to get free beer can we? That was the attitude I tried to have when trying to post this morning. I even made sure to get up early to try for the 1 in 100 shot. I thought I was doomed by my location in the sticks of Maine.
Are you in? You show as post number 53, post 1 was Adam's. It isn't at all clear to me.
06-30-2018, 01:34 PM   #487
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
I'd say that's more accurate.

To give some context, the website response was absolutely fine until I opened the thread, then on my first refresh (to make sure it was, in fact, open), there was a delay in response. I'm only guessing, but I'm pretty sure that was due to the amount of simultaneous posting activity...

It will be less in the event tonight.. I'm guessing within 1 second. Demand should be higher (since more people are awake now).

06-30-2018, 01:35 PM   #488
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

there is nothing better than free beer

is there ?

some times my little mind has problems contemplating things
06-30-2018, 01:36 PM   #489
Veteran Member

Are you in? You show as post number 53, post 1 was Adam's. It isn't at all clear to me.
I was at 8:400 AM EST, maybe not now.

I was on page 3 initially then page 4 before I went to the market
06-30-2018, 01:40 PM   #490
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I was at 8:400 AM EST, maybe not now.

I was on page 3 initially then page 4 before I went to the market
I'm rooting for you to have already gotten in you deserve it.
06-30-2018, 01:41 PM   #491
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The rules were explicitly stated from the beginning. You simply had to read them. 50 lucky members got the first posts in this morning. Another lucky 50 will get another chance. That is the way it works. I tried this morning and didn't make it. Oh well that it is how it works. That is how a contest works. Unlike what they are teaching children these days there is one person who gets the blue ribbon. Everyone is not a winner, there is only one. That is the way it works. I say congratulations to the lucky forum member who gets the K-1. It truly is a fine camera. To whiners complaining about it not being fair, just go up already.
06-30-2018, 01:42 PM - 1 Like   #492
Veteran Member

I'm rooting for you to have already gotten in you deserve it.
Thanks, but now I am seeing 53 but there is a double post by Happy Hippo and Adams so that would make me 51! Especially when I hit post there were two showing.

---------- Post added 06-30-18 at 01:45 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Scorpio71GR Quote
just go up already.
What does that mean??? I don't understand. Are you telling the folks who want the free beer to stop begging for it? I was happy thinking I was in but my life isn't going to end if I am not! I went out and took 300+ images today! SO life is good if too warm today.
06-30-2018, 01:46 PM   #493

Didn't make the first 50 Still a guy can hope.
06-30-2018, 01:47 PM   #494
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks, but now I am seeing 53 but there is a double post by Happy Hippo and Adams so that would make me 51! Especially when I hit post there were two showing.

---------- Post added 06-30-18 at 01:45 PM ----------

What does that mean??? I don't understand. Are you telling the folks who want the free beer to stop begging for it? I was happy thinking I was in but my life isn't going to end if I am not! I went out and took 300+ images today! SO life is good if too warm today.
51 oh no! Fingers crossed maybe a post our two above was disqualified. I guess you'll try again in a couple of hours just in case.
06-30-2018, 01:54 PM   #495

Photos: Gallery
QuoteQuote:
"In that case, nobody lost anything. Even having an entry has only increased your likelihood of winning minimally. It's not like someone snatched the camera from the hand after being admitted first. : Lol:
QuoteQuote:
"
We do not lose anything in this game, and we can get a lot of important information. By the way, like the other bodies, I intend to buy K-1 used. I do not know why, but Pentax in normal use, i.e. without trials in the microwave oven and automatic washing machine can withstand a lot.
Closed Thread