Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-30-2018, 04:17 PM   #631
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
Should have kept at it

...and guys don't blame the mods who entered, they were under the impression that it was opening immediately at 11, and the opening was delayed.
Well... if a mod was going to enter. they probably should have made unprivileged accounts to not have an unfair advantage. In computery land. Admins are supposed to have a std. user account, and their admin account. I would say, hate or like it, you can blame the mods, because they used magic fairy dust. They could have posted at 3:59 or 4:01. Just playing devils advocate here, but i'm curious if mods would not be excluded from things like this, kind of how if you work at the company doing the raffle, you cant enter it. And probably should have definitely used a standard user account to assure they were awarded no special treatment.
I also feel like, mods work their butts off, so, if the contest really only has 95 slots and the mods get in automatically (in this case, because in before open) state it, say thanks to mods because now they'll have to work harder for a bit to deal with us all, and call it a perk.
Cheers!

06-30-2018, 04:18 PM - 2 Likes   #632
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by timb64 Quote
I really think this would be the fairest way to proceed in future,lesson learned?
A better contest would have been to get something like 30 likes in the month to be entered in the giveaway. Then we'd have more quality posts than the quantity we got in this one and a heartbreak for those who didn't get in afterwards.
06-30-2018, 04:19 PM   #633

What a shame, 2 moderators have posted when the thread was closed (4 minutes before everyone else) and there is 52 post, so there are really 51 raffles counting the 2 moderators whom have posted when the thread was closed, or 49 entries without counting them...
06-30-2018, 04:19 PM   #634

absolutely unfair raffle...

06-30-2018, 04:19 PM   #635
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
So now...when is the lottery
06-30-2018, 04:19 PM   #636
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by beachgardener Quote
yes same for me the thread stayed closed until it was over, refreshed several times, then when it was over I was able to post only to have a notice saying it was finished, there is no practical or fair way for people to actually enter the raffle, I won't bother with the rest of them.
As well as a lot of members.....I cant believe this if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes !!
06-30-2018, 04:19 PM   #637

Photos: Gallery
dont worry, only mods will enter the lottery

06-30-2018, 04:20 PM - 1 Like   #638
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
A better contest would have been to get something like 30 likes in the month to be entered in the giveaway. Then we'd have more quality posts than the quantity we got in this one and a heartbreak for those who didn't get in afterwards.
I'd go for that.
06-30-2018, 04:20 PM   #639
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by sundown Quote
after this raffle controversy i'm jumping ship to some other camera
I hear Ricoh makes a couple decent cameras these days...

06-30-2018, 04:20 PM   #640

QuoteOriginally posted by drache Quote
Well... if a mod was going to enter. they probably should have made unprivileged accounts to not have an unfair advantage. In computery land. Admins are supposed to have a std. user account, and their admin account. I would say, hate or like it, you can blame the mods, because they used magic fairy dust. They could have posted at 3:59 or 4:01. Just playing devils advocate here, but i'm curious if mods would not be excluded from things like this, kind of how if you work at the company doing the raffle, you cant enter it. And probably should have definitely used a standard user account to assure they were awarded no special treatment.
I also feel like, mods work their butts off, so, if the contest really only has 95 slots and the mods get in automatically (in this case, because in before open) state it, say thanks to mods because now they'll have to work harder for a bit to deal with us all, and call it a perk.
Cheers!
My guess is that it was closed to everyone until 11pm and then just opened up to mods.
06-30-2018, 04:20 PM   #641
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
I'm certain it was unintentional - they likely didn't realize it was closed to everyone else still. They probably waited until the time came up and then posted. I'm sure the staff will sort it out.
how to sort it out is the question

of course, this was just the prelim

to determine the odds of getting the K 1

1/100

1/100 + ( to fix the first screw up this AM )

1/ /??? ( fixing the latest screw up )
06-30-2018, 04:20 PM   #642
Veteran Member

But, wasn't it earlier today, you were saying the K-50 was still a lot of camera for you so you didn't want a K-1?
Who would say no to a chance for a K-1?
06-30-2018, 04:21 PM - 1 Like   #643
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Then it becomes a bit of a "beauty contest" rather than pot luck which I think was the intention.
06-30-2018, 04:21 PM   #644
Veteran Member

I have to say it was a little frustrating to have my refreshes tell me the thread was still closed as the replies were coming in... Ah well, good luck to those who managed to get into the draw.
06-30-2018, 04:22 PM   #645
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by richandfleur Quote
Do think it would be fairer to auto enter anyone who has posted during the month, and do a prize draw from everyone.

I made the first round, and sat out the second, but it’s all luck on the day.
I agree. Unless you have a super responsive internet connection you are out of luck I suspect. In the first round I saw it go open but was apparently too slow replying (although I just did a paste and clicked the button) but on the second, despite that I kept refreshing, I never saw it go open until all the entries were there about 5 minutes later.
Closed Thread