Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 366 Likes Search this Thread
06-30-2018, 05:00 PM - 1 Like   #691
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I like the last format the best!

06-30-2018, 05:00 PM - 1 Like   #692

all raffle entries claimed for third bonus raffle within half a freaking second. so demoralizing. I second the dollar per ticket strategy mentioned earlier. good luck to everyone else who managed to get in.
06-30-2018, 05:01 PM   #693

Photos: Albums
and no K-1 for me i was to slow 1sec isnt fast...
06-30-2018, 05:01 PM   #694
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
well that confirms it for me, there is no actual way of entering this raffle, it is only those select few, this would not be a raffle in Australia, it would be something else, no will not bother with the rest of them.

06-30-2018, 05:02 PM - 1 Like   #695
Pentaxian

If it's going to be here and gone within less than a second I don't think I'll bother with the other two raffles. Clicked Submit immediately at 11:59 UTC and was still too slow. I'll stick to buying cameras and playing scratch-offs. I'll have a better chance of actually being entered for something.
06-30-2018, 05:07 PM   #696
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by beachgardener Quote
Absolute raffle nothing illegal about raffles here in Australia, they are on all the time, pub raffles, sport raffles, social raffles, community raffles, raise money raffles, any raffle is a good raffle here

Those organizations need to be legal, Beachgardener … permits sought where necessary. Raffles are regulated in every state.
06-30-2018, 05:09 PM - 1 Like   #697
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
The moderating team DOES NOT TAKE ADVANTAGE of its posting privileges - Full stop. If anyone doubts this, please check with Adam, but please don't insult the folks that are trying to keep the forums a friendly, respectful place for everyone...
BigMackCam, I was just pointing out that as mods, they can post to closed threads, because it is what allows them to do their jobs. To play devils advocate for a second then. If that is the case, how did two moderators post to a closed forum during the contest? Everyone made good, they removed themselves, i'm just pointing out, from a technical point of view, that it happened. My response you quoted was just replying to frispel that on technical merits, the forum wasn't opened only to mods. Trying to point out nothing sinister was going on, its just that mods can post to closed forums where standard users cannot.
I posted above that a bit more A K-1 will be given away tomorrow, June 30th! - Page 43 - PentaxForums.com
I'm not trying to condemn anyone, I don't think anyone was trying to be sneaky. I was only discussing the technical merits of what likely happened.

I would say to anyone crying foul play, the mods did what they are supposed to. Once they saw what happened, they fixed it. The self-made user DDoS on the servers is what caused slowness and I would guess Adam trying out some back end stuff to make things more fair had varied effects. Live and learn. If nothing else, this is a three camera cost of a load test and forum updates to be used in the future for more contests and cool $#!t.

Again, BigMackCam, I wasn't trying to insult anyone. Sorry I came across that way.
Cheers!

06-30-2018, 05:09 PM - 2 Likes   #698
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

well that confirms it for me, there is no actual way of entering this raffle, it is only those select few, this would not be a raffle in Australia, it would be something else, no will not bother with the rest of them.
I got in this last time - but even if I had not I think this last one was a bit less frustrating since it gave feedback on when it would open and seemed less cumbersome. However I'd stick it out for next month - I'm sure Adam will have ideas on how to make this work better.
06-30-2018, 05:10 PM   #699
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Raffles are regulated in every state.
well there you go, learn something every day, but, some raffles may fly under the radar
06-30-2018, 05:10 PM - 1 Like   #700
Veteran Member

I think there are people from Australia who entered the raffle.
I have a really fast internet connection, top of the line of what you can have in France believe me, and despite this and me doing the refreshing monkey I couldnt enter the 1st raffle....I see all this as being lucky that's it.
06-30-2018, 05:11 PM   #701
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Yes, those posts were made before the thread opened. The "opening issue" should now be handled by the same system that checks eligibility, so everything should be a lot smoother now.

When going to submit, the system will tell you how many seconds remain to the time of opening, if it is not open yet.

As a reminder to all, the 3rd and final raffle thread will start in just over 10 minutes. Best of luck!

K-1 Raffle: Entry thread 3, 11:59pm UTC, June 30, 2018 - PentaxForums.com
Adam, Next time, I think you should have a test run. I am sure everyone here would participate to test out your code to ensure it works as it should. So there are no surprises. Same setup just for fake internet points. Oh wait that is Reddit.

Thanks for all you do.
06-30-2018, 05:11 PM - 1 Like   #702

The count down until it opened was very helpful! Thank you for the additional chance.
06-30-2018, 05:12 PM - 2 Likes   #703
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
The moderating team DOES NOT TAKE ADVANTAGE of its posting privileges - Full stop. If anyone doubts this, please check with Adam, but please don't insult my colleagues that are trying to keep the forums a friendly, respectful place for everyone...

As you can see, Adam has removed posts that were made before the thread finally opened.
Absolutely! Even before this was revealedI surmised it was an unintentional mistake. You guys are always working for our interests and no one who posts regularly and pays attention to how you moderate would think otherwise.
06-30-2018, 05:12 PM - 2 Likes   #704
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by chovest Quote
The count down until it opened was very helpful! Thank you for the additional chance.
Yes and that should make it smoother for the next contests down the road...
06-30-2018, 05:13 PM - 3 Likes   #705
maw
Pentaxian

I do not agree with the claims against people who do so much work for us and support as do we the Pentaxforums,

which is a place to talk and sometimes argue, but after all we are a unique virtual family.
Closed Thread