Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-30-2018, 04:09 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Raffle

So I click on the raffle at 6:59 and it says CLOSED. I click on it at 7:00 and it say CLOSED and CLOSED at 7:02 and 7:03. But, at 7:03 there are two entries showing. What's up? Apparently I am doing something wrong. Was kind of hoping to at least have a chance since my complete kit took missing yesterday.

06-30-2018, 04:13 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ttedders Quote
So I click on the raffle at 6:59 and it says CLOSED. I click on it at 7:00 and it say CLOSED and CLOSED at 7:02 and 7:03. But, at 7:03 there are two entries showing. What's up? Apparently I am doing something wrong. Was kind of hoping to at least have a chance since my complete kit took missing yesterday.
Ouch, sorry to hear your camera is missing.

very frustrating.. same exact thing happened to me with the raffle thread. then thread didnt' open for me until 7:05 then and by them, already had 50+ entries
06-30-2018, 04:18 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Frustrating indeed, the Post Reply button did not appear until there were more than 50 entries (yes I refreshed every seconds too).

Something's very wrong in this process. I am guessing that those closest to the main server got a crack at it before everyone else could even have a chance to try.

Oh well, that's it for me, won't waste my time next month.
06-30-2018, 04:19 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Ditto clicking refresh from 7:59 to 8:02. Kept saying closed

06-30-2018, 04:21 PM   #5

Reply button apperared to after there were 2 replies in the thread. Then it replied to my messages "sorry thread is closed" until the thread was full.
06-30-2018, 04:21 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Agree

QuoteOriginally posted by regor Quote
Frustrating indeed, the Post Reply button did not appear until there were more than 50 entries (yes I refreshed every seconds!).

Something's very wrong in this process. I am guessing that those closest to the main server got a crack at it before everyone else could even have a chance to try.

Oh well, that's it for me, won't waste my time next month.

I starting trying before the time this morning and this evening. I refreshed at least every second but definitely as fast as I could click refresh. I don't think I will playing in the future.
06-30-2018, 04:25 PM   #7
Veteran Member

I starting trying before the time this morning and this evening. I refreshed at least every second but definitely as fast as I could click refresh. I don't think I will playing in the future.
I did the same thing. Then one time it was open. I clicked reply, pasted in the text, hit 'post'...some seconds later my reply appeared in position 21. It's now at 19, since the mod replies were deleted.

I guess many hundreds if not thousands were trying. The difference between success and 'too late' would be in the milliseconds, so refreshing every second or so still only gives a small chance. That's a raffle...just luck.

06-30-2018, 04:29 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Same frustrations here.

I got up a little before 4 AM (pacific) this morning. Sat with my cell phone dialed into UTC and hit it exactly at 11:00. Reply box never did change from "Closed" to "Reply"

Twelve hours later, I followed the same process but started a few seconds before 11:00, thinking maybe my internet was a little slow. Same (lack of) results.

If the intent of this exercise was to build good will. . . . . . . . it ain't.
06-30-2018, 04:30 PM   #9

1st I tried refreshing, but then I just kept clicking the post (well thread closed) button, and after a few 'this thread is closed....' I suddenly got a chance to enter a message
so I think its really just down to luck..
06-30-2018, 04:31 PM   #10
Pentaxian

There is a third thread created. Bert has said it is scheduled for 30 minutes for now, but whatever, get into that thread and repeatedly press "refresh" until it isn't closed any more.

Coming up: Triple Pentax K-1 giveaway! - Page 39 - PentaxForums.com
06-30-2018, 04:32 PM   #11

post in the bonus raffle thread quick...
06-30-2018, 04:33 PM   #12
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Banskojoe Quote
I got up a little before 4 AM (pacific) this morning. Sat with my cell phone dialed into UTC and hit it exactly at 11:00. Reply box never did change from "Closed" to "Reply"

Twelve hours later, I followed the same process but started a few seconds before 11:00, thinking maybe my internet was a little slow. Same (lack of) results.

If the intent of this exercise was to build good will. . . . . . . . it ain't.
You cannot time this by clock.
Only sure way is to get on thread and then refresh-refresh-etc until it's not closed anymore
06-30-2018, 04:34 PM   #13
Administrator
Site Webmaster

The third raffle thread will no longer be closed. Instead, you will see an error message that the giveaway is not yet open. Keep on clicking "post quick reply" until it goes though.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-30-2018, 04:35 PM   #14
Administrator
Site Webmaster

See here, in 24 minutes. Good luck!

K-1 Raffle: Entry thread 3, 11:59pm UTC, June 30, 2018 - PentaxForums.com

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-30-2018, 04:35 PM   #15

I don't think distance entered in to it , i'm using mobile broadband in rural Ireland, I made it just although was rather weird i had 44 then 48, then 49 and finally 47 phew. But yes i too saw 2 entries but it was saying closed eventually i got to hit reply...

Take it i'm ineligible for the 3rd raffle entry, would be bad karma to try anyway. Is it just me but i like the k1 better than the mark II

Last edited by blackest; 06-30-2018 at 04:43 PM.
Closed Thread