Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 12 Likes Search this Thread
06-30-2018, 10:00 PM   #46

The whole concept of this 'raffle' is not a smart way to do this giveaway anyway.
1.The point of the giveaway is to drive up traffic to this site - to hit a 40k post total for the month. So the 'membership' must post, which is a heckava lot more than the 100 raffle slots they are allowing.
2.Why 100? Can they not figure out a more democratic way of choosing a winner? Why is there a limit?Can't they choose from a bigger pool?
3. Its one thing to have such traffic that you cannot get in to enter. That's one thing. This was not letting in others at the time the contest was suppose to start.

I know, it seems to complain for a free giveaway, but the whole point was to drive traffic to the site, and I suspect, except for the complaint threads popping up for this failure, people are going to be less enthused to post on the site to get to the 40k in July only to be blocked from the actual giveaway, or raffle, or whatever they want to call it (I suspect its not really a raffle, as I believe that has a stricter thing for federal taxes)....

"Hello,

We are sorry to hear that you had a negative experience during the giveaway. We had over 2000 members competing for just 100 raffle entries, and all the entries were claimed within 30 seconds of the opening of the threads.

For July, we will be improving the user experience by clearly showing the time at which the raffle threads will open, and we will also be increasing the number of raffle entries to 300 to allow for a slightly less crazy raffle period.

---
-------------------
Best wishes,
PentaxForums.com Support"

07-01-2018, 04:46 AM - 1 Like   #47

Photos: Albums
If you want to get your own K1 before the July draw just put around $16 on a horse running at 130-1 easy

Actually for July $7 would do it if you can find a 300 to 1 shot

Or just keep saving up, and keep your expenses to a minimum. I think july is still just too tight for me but I might manage to get a used K1 in August.
Closed Thread