Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I've been looking all over. Who won?

07-01-2018, 01:55 PM   #32
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Alex645 Quote
No. Adam tweaked the rules and posted that you must have a minimum of ten new posts each month, and instead of two raffle threads at the end of July, there will be four; every 6 hours....assuming we hit the minimum 40k posts in July.
latest ?? news on the July and August contests

The giveaway will be simple: the camera will be up for grabs once the community reaches 40,000 posts in any given month. This should prove quite easy: it's equivalent to all of May's posters making just 5 posts throughout June. As an added bonus, if we reach 55,000 posts in any month, that K-1 will turn in to a K-1 Mark II (a $1996 value).

Note that the information below has been updated for the July and August iterations of the giveaway.

When we reach the target number of posts, we will create four raffle threads, each separated by 6 hours (giving users in various time zones the opportunity to enter). The first 75 users to reply to each thread will get one raffle entry, and then the winner will be picked at random. If you don't win the camera, we'll have forum account upgrades our most active participants— plus, you are guaranteed to have plenty of fun on the forum along the way.

Users will need to have made at least 10 posts during the giveaway period in order to be eligible to post in the raffle threads.
Track current giveaway progress at the top of any page on the forum:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/articles/events/pentax-k-1-triple-giveaway-summer-2018.html#page_1
07-01-2018, 02:08 PM   #33
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Photogoof Quote
I've been looking all over. Who won?
Announcing the first winner of our Pentax K-1 Giveaway! - PentaxForums.com
07-02-2018, 08:54 AM   #34
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Daedbird Quote
I really think you need to rethink the entry process for this giveaway- it is frustrating when a person attempts to enter and the system does not work as described- and have a very small additional thread really does not make up for it
I would like help in understanding what test run and kinks were tried to fix, as from this end, the entry process just did not work from that thread, either in the morning or the evening. Was there something I missed? I will try again in July, but hope to learn how to do it, if there was some count down or some tool I missed. Thank you for the opportunity and help!

---------- Post added 07-02-18 at 08:58 AM ----------

Also, here in Minnesota, the count of posts never showed up in any top of any page...glitch in the US? Thank you!

07-02-2018, 09:04 AM   #35
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by loyalt Quote
I would like help in understanding what test run and kinks were tried to fix, as from this end, the entry process just did not work from that thread, either in the morning or the evening. Was there something I missed? I will try again in July, but hope to learn how to do it, if there was some count down or some tool I missed. Thank you for the opportunity and help!

---------- Post added 07-02-18 at 08:58 AM ----------

Also, here in Minnesota, the count of posts never showed up in any top of any page...glitch in the US? Thank you!
Are you seeing it now? I see it. North Carolina. There was a third thread - you need to find the link to that one. That's the one that had the countdown.
07-02-2018, 10:32 AM   #36
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

07-02-2018, 11:00 AM   #37
Pentaxian

I'm seeing it in Indiana {we're part of the US}. Is the request for donations covering it?

07-02-2018, 02:07 PM - 1 Like   #38
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Did you perhaps click the X to dismiss the notification? Are you looking at the full desktop site or mobile? etc.
Attached Images

07-02-2018, 02:11 PM   #39
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

I don't do math but I am told we are on pace, actually a little ahead of the pace, necessary to reach 55,000 post this month

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Your goal requires that we be at 9.17% {6.67x55/40} by the end of today.
keep it up folks
07-02-2018, 03:35 PM   #40
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Aslyfox Quote
I don't do math but I am told we are on pace, actually a little ahead of the pace, necessary to reach 55,000 post this month

keep it up folks
Yes, my spreadsheet was still set up for 30 day month.
The more we get ahead now, the more "sag" we can tolerate later.

It is so good for so many people to be interested this early in the month.
07-02-2018, 04:06 PM   #41
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Did you perhaps click the X to dismiss the notification? Are you looking at the full desktop site or mobile? etc.
Yes if anyone is not seeing the bar it is hidden behind the site subscription request. Just click that red X in the top, right corner of the screen and you'll see the current post count bar.
07-03-2018, 05:39 AM - 1 Like   #42

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Yes if anyone is not seeing the bar it is hidden behind the site subscription request. Just click that red X in the top, right corner of the screen and you'll see the current post count bar.
Lol, never seen that bar before

Now i know if I need to spam the forum in the end of July
07-03-2018, 09:40 PM   #43

whats the easiest way to keep track of your own posts in july?
07-04-2018, 07:25 AM   #44
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by blackest Quote
whats the easiest way to keep track of your own posts in july?
Note down what your post count is right now, and pin it to computer desk {or where-ever you sit while posting}
07-04-2018, 07:31 AM   #45

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Note down what your post count is right now, and pin it to computer desk {or where-ever you sit while posting}
Thank you