Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-04-2018, 06:40 AM   #181
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
55000 is the new goal, but if we exceed it that's awesome too.
Right now we're on a pace that would do that, but each day has lagged behind the previous. You've been doing a great job .... I may have to become more active again, but I've been hoping other members would do more too.

07-04-2018, 07:20 AM   #182
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by blackest Quote
sometimes its better not to win, on monday i was on my way to work and a car coming the other direction lost control and smashed in to the car behind me, pure luck it wasn't me. The 2 cars probably hit at around 120mph. i tried the lottery last night, didn't win that either

I guess what i'm saying is its fate or luck or whatever. Sometimes life just gives you a nudge in the right direction.
Good thoughts. Glad you avoided the bullet. Better luck on the next PF lottery!
07-04-2018, 08:44 AM - 3 Likes   #183
Veteran Member

For those looking for an unboxing video. I have a small problem. No box!

Turns out there is an evil Canikon employee embedded at the FedEx hub in Memphis who has waylaid the package.

It arrived Monday night at the hub and should have been routed to my state Tuesday morning for delivery that afternoon. Alas, that did not happen.

The current delivery date is : Pending I think they might have lost it.

I am not worried. It will arrive when it arrives.

Happy 4th for us in the states.

Happy 4th for everyone else too. You just do not get to have explody things in the skies to scare your pets.
07-04-2018, 08:55 AM   #184
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
55000 is the new goal, but if we exceed it that's awesome too.
correct

Adam shifted the goal posts, in favor of the forum:

"To recap:
The community must reach 40,000 posts each month
At that point, 4 threads will be created 6 hours apart, and the first 75 posters in each will get a raffle entry
Raffle participants must have at least 10 forum posts in the month of the raffle
The winner is drawn at random, and we will ship a K-1 to the winner

Read more at: Pentax K-1 Triple Giveaway: Summer 2018 - Giveaways and Events | PentaxForums.com

less posts needed to get the K 1 II prize

increase in # of posts to be eligible to 10, not a hard level to meet, 10 posts in the month

,more threads

different schedule

more slots available

07-04-2018, 09:14 AM   #185
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

What was simple shall become complex. What was very nice will become nicer.
07-04-2018, 11:46 AM   #186

Happy 4th!
07-04-2018, 02:46 PM   #187

Happy fourth of July and congrats to the winner!

07-04-2018, 02:57 PM   #188
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by SirTomster Quote

Turns out there is an evil Canikon employee embedded at the FedEx hub in Memphis who has waylaid the package.

It arrived Monday night at the hub and should have been routed to my state Tuesday morning for delivery that afternoon. Alas, that did not happen.

Happy 4th for everyone else too. You just do not get to have explody things in the skies to scare your pets.
Maybe somebody there wants it.
Adam and B&H are both upright, so I trust they'll straighten this out.
{you are handling this in an admirably calm manner}
07-04-2018, 02:59 PM   #189
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I hope it turns up soon!
07-04-2018, 03:46 PM   #190
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Annoying as this is it happens occasionally. I have had the same problem with both UPS and Fedex. Less often with USPS Priority but there too. It will probably appear at your door soon. Maybe tomrrow!
07-04-2018, 04:01 PM   #191
mlt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Check closely for drool marks on the box :)

Hopefully its in your hands tomorrow.
07-04-2018, 10:37 PM   #192
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
how do you actually get in to the entry?

I tried both times to enter for the June giveaway and wasn't able to get in, and the second time, it stayed closed here in MN for 6 minutes and then was full. I would like to know about all of the "tweaks" mid-contest that others were talking about, so I can learn before the next contest. Thank you for any help! Thank you, Pentax, for all of the good products for all of these years!
07-05-2018, 01:04 AM   #193
sbh
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by loyalt Quote
I tried both times to enter for the June giveaway and wasn't able to get in, and the second time, it stayed closed here in MN for 6 minutes and then was full. I would like to know about all of the "tweaks" mid-contest that others were talking about, so I can learn before the next contest. Thank you for any help! Thank you, Pentax, for all of the good products for all of these years!
I had the same experience. It was closed for a few minutes past the time and then switched to full. Not sure what was going on. Maybe caching. Have you been on mobile or desktop?
07-05-2018, 04:01 AM   #194

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by sbh Quote
I had the same experience. It was closed for a few minutes past the time and then switched to full. Not sure what was going on. Maybe caching. Have you been on mobile or desktop?
The moderator who was to have opened the second thread had a family emergency, so the thread was opened a little later than planned by another moderator.

There were many people trying to post which made it quite random as to who's post got through. The nice thing was posts were coming in successfully from all over the world not just the USA. I made it in but i still got nothing ... , still will have a shot next month.
07-05-2018, 04:33 AM   #195
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My guess is that the next update will be when it has been delivered - keep an eye out for it. This has happened to me.