Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 25 Likes Search this Thread
07-01-2018, 12:21 AM - 7 Likes   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax K-1 Summer 2018 Giveaway - July Announcements

I am creating a single thread on our K-1 giveaway in order to make it easier to find important announcements and information. Any changes to giveaway rules or procedures will be posted here.

We will give away a Pentax K-1 in July, once we reach 40,000 total posts on the forum (per the "thermometer" at the top of each page, or roughly when the total post count on the homepage reaches 4,224,000). The cutoff for this post count will be 11:59:59pm UTC-8 on July 31st, 2018.

Once we reach the post count requirement, I will create four raffle threads in the Pentax Forums Giveaways section. These threads will open at 5am, 11am, 5pm and 11pm UTC. Each thread will accept up to 75 replies, each of which will be a raffle entry. Our system will attempt to automatically enforce this limit and any post beyond the 75th in any of these threads will not be considered a raffle entry.

The threads are now posted and will open at the respective times:

After all raffle entries are claimed, I will pick a random number n between 1 and 300, and our winner will be the holder of the nth raffle entry.

There are some additional requirements for users to be able to post in the raffle threads:
  • You must have at least 10 posts on the forum in July, prior to the start of the first thread
  • Your account must be registered at least 24h prior to the creation of the raffle threads
  • You are not eligible if you've previously won a camera through this giveaway
  • Limit one entry total, per month, per household

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-01-2018, 12:30 PM - 1 Like   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
I have been alerted about inconsistent post sorting in the raffle threads for certain users. This has now been corrected, so the order of posts submitted at the same exact second will now be consistent for everyone.

This was just a display issue and wouldn't have affected the results of the first iteration of the giveaway.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-26-2018, 04:16 PM - 1 Like   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
There have been some questions regarding the timing of the raffle threads. The raffle threads will go live approximately 1 full day after we reach 40,000 posts, at the times specified above. There will be a test raffle thread several hours earlier so we can ensure that the system is correctly enforcing the contest rules, and running smoothly.

At the current rate it looks like the raffle will happen on July 29th or 30th.

If at the time the winner is drawn, the post count looks like it will reach 55,000 by the end of the July giveaway period, the prize will be upgraded to a K-1 II. Based on the current average posting rate, this does not appear likely.

Adam

07-27-2018, 02:16 PM - 1 Like   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
As a reminder to everyone this month-

you need to have made 10+ forum posts in July to even be eligible for the raffle.

Please make sure you reach this cutoff within the next 1-2 days in order to ensure you get a chance to win!

Adam

07-27-2018, 10:23 PM - 1 Like   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Since we're about to hit the required post count for the K-1 giveaway, I've posted a test raffle thread. Use this to learn about the format, make sure you're eligible, and help us ensure the system is working smoothy:

July Giveaway: Raffle Test Thread, 8pm UTC, July 28 - PentaxForums.com

Adam

07-29-2018, 01:02 AM - 2 Likes   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
The real raffle threads have now been posted (links in the first post).

Adam

07-30-2018, 04:15 PM - 1 Like   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Raffle thread 4 is still open for another 23 raffle entries:
July Pentax K-1 Giveaway: Raffle Thread 4, 23:00 UTC, July 30, 2018 - PentaxForums.com

If it does not fill up by midnight UTC, I will close it then so we can proceed to name a winner.

Adam

07-30-2018, 06:05 PM - 7 Likes   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
With all July raffle threads now closed, it's time to announce a winner! Corresponding to the 290 raffle entries, I drew a random number between 1 and 290 and got 69, so our 69th entry is the winner!

This means that @grog85361 is our winner! Congratulations!

I will soon follow up with a list of our top posters in July, who will automatically get raffle entries for August.

Adam

07-31-2018, 10:27 AM - 4 Likes   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
I'd like to congratulate our top 20 July posters! All are automatically entered in our August raffle, and the top 5 have received forum account upgrades:

Photogoof : 2040
FozzFoster : 1899
reh321 : 1867
WPRESTO : 1402
Mikesul : 1229
Kerrowdown : 1024
aslyfox : 898
CharLac : 864
Racer X 69 : 838
noelcmn : 748
UncleVanya : 659
robtcorl : 575
BigMackCam : 567
pepperberry farm : 523
DW58 : 493
Tonytee : 450
wtlwdwgn : 431
MarkJerling : 414
savoche : 398
normhead : 391

In addition, those from our June top 20 not listed above will also get automatic raffle entries in August:

bertwert : 1831
LensBeginner : 1441
SSGGeezer : 723
stevebrot : 454
eaglem : 406
swanlefitte : 319

Adam

Closed Thread