Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-17-2018, 04:18 PM   #16
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
It's fine it's part of an original design, i.e. the prism shirt from 2015, but not in standalone form.

Remember, these are Pentaxforums shirts, not Pentax shirts

Ricoh has historically been generous with us with respect to branding, but I think this approach is also the most ethical one to take, and in spirit with the idea of a design contest.
Okay thanks.

07-17-2018, 07:00 PM - 1 Like   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It's fine it's part of an original design, i.e. the prism shirt from 2015, but not in standalone form.

Remember, these are Pentaxforums shirts, not Pentax shirts

Ricoh has historically been generous with us with respect to branding, but I think this approach is also the most ethical one to take, and in spirit with the idea of a design contest.
Yes that is a good point. We want Pentax Forum shirts.
07-18-2018, 02:20 AM - 3 Likes   #18

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi everybody !
This is my submission, feel free to ask any changes.
Biosaurus
Attached Images

07-19-2018, 02:37 AM   #19
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
How 'finished' does the design need to be? Would a quick sketch on paper work for the first round?

07-19-2018, 09:09 AM   #20

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
For summer attire, I wear white almost exclusively. If I recall correctly, I purchased no T-shirt here last year; two years ago, I purchased only a K-1 design, even though I don't expect to ever own one, because it was the only on-white design I liked ... but that is just me - PF will print what members want.
Same! That was a my favorite design but then I left it on vacation somewhere and they havent printed any more since.

07-19-2018, 04:45 PM   #21
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by nzondlo Quote
Same! That was a my favorite design but then I left it on vacation somewhere and they havent printed any more since.
Which design do you have in mind? I can likely reactivate it given Teespring's recent changes.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-19-2018, 04:47 PM   #22

The K1 design that looked like an LCD under a microscope. Was one of 2016's designs. I think you said they didn't sell much the last time we had this convo, unfortunately.
Which design do you have in mind? I can likely reactivate it given Teespring's recent changes.

07-19-2018, 04:47 PM   #23
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by John Hales Quote
How 'finished' does the design need to be? Would a quick sketch on paper work for the first round?
I would say polished enough that people would vote for it, and that it could be fully completed within a few days of the announcement of the winners. Simpler designs are highly preferred as they not only look better when printed, but also enable lower-priced shirts.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-20-2018, 03:19 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I myself am partial to the tee shirts from the 70's & 80's like the blue sleeves and shoulders over a white abdomen and back with just the word pentax in red (I would prefer a dark blue pentax name) about 35-40mm tall on the left hand chest pocket big enough to accomodate an 85mm lens cap and filter or two. Yes I would buy some not just one made out of proper tee shirt cotton not the chinese rubbish. and large sizes as well as I am broad shouldered. Also the sleeves would need to almost reach the elbow. then you could have different colour choices I hate to say this but red and black is lame colour scheme colour should be premoted blues and yellows go really well like industrial yellow over dark blue red and black is an elvis thing although the cameras are black. hell you could even have a red on black tee.
07-20-2018, 04:18 AM - 2 Likes   #25

Jus for fun
Attached Images

07-20-2018, 04:31 AM - 1 Like   #26
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by xkhoax Quote
Jus for fun
anyway, it's cool
07-20-2018, 07:11 AM   #27

Thing BIG

Thing BIG
Attached Images

07-20-2018, 01:10 PM   #28

French cut T's would be great!

I never wear T's as a rule because too often the shirts are too big and because they are straight T's that don't look very good on women, especially petite women. Could you make at least one shirt available as a French-cut T-shirt--in the shape you see in the added picture; I think it would increase your sales because they fit so much better. Women are used to paying a bit more for that style, BTW.

If you don't think you have a big enough audience for a "woman" T-shirt, why not make high-quality iron-on's that people can put on their own shirts, carry-all's, camera packs (du-uh), jackets, hoodies, luggage, etc.

Last edited by barefootdesigns; 07-21-2018 at 02:38 AM. Reason: FYI info--picture of a French T-shirt
07-20-2018, 06:58 PM   #29
Forum Member

I am working on an idea and was curious what the font used in the new logo is.
Attached Images

07-20-2018, 09:49 PM - 2 Likes   #30

Photos: Gallery
So I'm not a graphics artist...

But I love Pentax and this forum, far and away the BEST brand specific camera forum! My love of Pentax came when I figured out the little green button. I bought and used Olympus (E-1, E-620), Canon Ti5, Nikon D5200, Sony A-something, and lastly a Pentax K20 (can't wait to afford the K1 or better). And BY FAR the best thing for me was the little green button. Lots of cameras are well built, take great pictures, have good glass, etc. But only Pentax has the green button. It made the digital camera finally feel like my old Nikon FM film camera. I could be in control without the hassle of fiddling around with menu settings to change from aperture or shutter priority. To me this is what sets us apart from all others, we want and love intuitive camera control to be able to use our tools and make images. So that is the thought behind my design, if that matters.

P.S. - Mama always told me, if you don't have anything good to say, say nothing at all.
Attached Images

Closed Thread