Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 100 Likes Search this Thread
07-29-2018, 02:49 PM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I have updated the timer in the threads to display the countdown in hours/minutes/seconds. Hopefully this will help you guys make sure you stop by at the right time!

Remember that all you need to do is attempt to make a reply in order to view the time remaining.
That change is wonderful!
I can stop talking about dividing by 3600!

07-29-2018, 03:52 PM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Setting your computer to be exactly "right" is not necessary; one cause of angst last month was people who were trying to time their entries based on UTC clocks, when the server wasn't necessarily "correct". I was fourth on the practice run ... I'm not going to tell you exactly how I did it, but it involved trying to post early, and the server told me exactly how early it thought I was. Since its opinion is all that matters, I scheduled my posting based on that.
Then who can tell...? Last month, I posted within a thirty seconds of the launch time and got a "this thread is closed" message...

Just sayin'
07-29-2018, 03:58 PM - 1 Like   #33
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bobphoenix Quote
Then who can tell...? Last month, I posted within a thirty seconds of the launch time and got a "this thread is closed" message...

Just sayin'
yes there were problems and errors last month

this month has a different system

hopefully no such problems

this is why Adam had a test thread

did you try it out?
07-29-2018, 04:07 PM   #34
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bobphoenix Quote

Just sayin'
Part of the thing is that actual "launch time" was not as clear in June as many people thought it was, but you are correct, there are several sources of randomness is this whole process ..... it is not a test of skill.

07-29-2018, 05:59 PM   #35
Forum Member

Two questions

How do you determine if you are eligible? I posted to one of the threads and it gave a countdown, so I'm assuming I'm good just wanted to double check.
Second, I couldn't find the rules so I just wanted to double check are you allowed to post to each thread, or only one?
07-29-2018, 06:03 PM   #36
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by nmcleod1993 Quote
How do you determine if you are eligible? I posted to one of the threads and it gave a countdown, so I'm assuming I'm good just wanted to double check.
Second, I couldn't find the rules so I just wanted to double check are you allowed to post to each thread, or only one?
the first post in this thread has the link to the official rules and to the actual raffle threads

here is another link to that

Pentax K-1 Summer 2018 Giveaway Announcements - PentaxForums.com

if you follow it you should find your answers

once you have successfully replied to one of the raffle threads, you cannot post a reply to another one
07-29-2018, 07:49 PM   #37
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Aslyfox Quote
the first post in this thread has the link to the official rules and to the actual raffle threads

here is another link to that

Pentax K-1 Summer 2018 Giveaway Announcements - PentaxForums.com

if you follow it you should find your answers

once you have successfully replied to one of the raffle threads, you cannot post a reply to another one
I wasn't sure if 'Limit one entry total, per month, per household" was for each thread or the whole raffle thank you. And also it mentions you can test agains the test raffle thread but that has already been closed. I had read that you can test against the actual threads but I wasn't sure if the response I recieved back was what was expected if you are eligible. Thank you so much for getting back to me

07-29-2018, 07:55 PM   #38
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by nmcleod1993 Quote
I wasn't sure if 'Limit one entry total, per month, per household" was for each thread or the whole raffle thank you. And also it mentions you can test agains the test raffle thread but that has already been closed. I had read that you can test against the actual threads but I wasn't sure if the response I recieved back was what was expected if you are eligible. Thank you so much for getting back to me
a successful reply means your reply was accepted as one of the qualifying 75 posts

if you try thread one and do not get accepted, you can try another thread
07-29-2018, 07:57 PM   #39
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Awesome!
07-29-2018, 09:22 PM   #40
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Aslyfox Quote
a successful reply means your reply was accepted as one of the qualifying 75 posts

if you try thread one and do not get accepted, you can try another thread
Thank you so much, I really appreciate the response
07-29-2018, 10:01 PM   #41

Photos: Albums
I would like to enter please.
07-29-2018, 10:03 PM   #42

Ah, figures the forum would take ages to try and post a comment and then it's full even though I tried just on time... sigh...
07-29-2018, 10:04 PM   #43
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Posted right as it turned 1:00 AM, forum took it's sweet time posting, and then it told me all entries had been claimed. How did that happen?
07-29-2018, 10:04 PM   #44
Forum Member

Didn't get in, all entries were claimed literally within the first 2 seconds
07-29-2018, 10:05 PM   #45
Forum Member

And just like that, i'ts closed. Wish the best for all who entered and for all who will for the future openings.