Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-29-2018, 10:21 PM   #61
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
Posted right as it turned 1:00 AM, forum took it's sweet time posting, and then it told me all entries had been claimed. How did that happen?
The server was overwhelmed momentarily. It queued up all the posts and took them in a semi orderly fashion. But also latency and jitter come into play. Your post could have hung in some router queue on the way to the server.

07-29-2018, 10:31 PM   #62

@Adam I have a quetion about the contest, if I wil lbe enought lucky to win, can the prize be converted into cash so winenr can buy some more used gear localy (lenses, etc). Because such a prize can be very expensive for winner who will need to buy new ff lenses etc.
07-29-2018, 10:32 PM   #63
Veteran Member

No delays, no issues, You just to have it figured out and anticipate situation
Been there second, will be first on the list in the next month raffle :P
07-29-2018, 10:37 PM   #64

1. You are not eligible to enter this raffle because you did not make any posts during the giveaway period.

Can anyone explain to me understand this?

07-29-2018, 10:40 PM   #65
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by artouiros Quote
@Adam I have a quetion about the contest, if I wil lbe enought lucky to win, can the prize be converted into cash so winenr can buy some more used gear localy (lenses, etc). Because such a prize can be very expensive for winner who will need to buy new ff lenses etc.
But that is one of the strengths of Pentax! Your new K-1 will happily accept your old K-mount lenses. I know if I win, I will
have a blast trying every lens I currently own without any burning need to purchase a new lens I wouldn't have already
wanted otherwise.
07-29-2018, 10:41 PM   #66
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
I suppose it could be converted into other gear, but that would not be the ideal outcome IMO, since the whole point is to give away a K-1.

You can pick up good manual focus FF primes for next to nothing, or even use the DA 50mm F1.8 to start out.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-29-2018, 10:41 PM   #67
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by minhsang Quote
One of the requirements for eligibility was that you have made at least 10 posts in July.

07-29-2018, 10:43 PM   #68
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
1. You are not eligible to enter this raffle because you did not make any posts during the giveaway period.
This message should have been updated from last month. It now reads "...because you did not make enough forum posts during the giveaway period".

Please check the giveaway rules (or even the notice at the top of the page) for details. You'll be able to try again in August!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-29-2018, 10:44 PM   #69
Veteran Member

Did you read the rules for the contest? You must make a minimum of 10 forums posts for the month of July to
qualify. Looking at your profile, you have only made 6 posts for the entire month, including the post you just made
asking why you didn't qualify, (which actually means you made 5 qualifying posts, which is 5 short of 10).
07-29-2018, 10:48 PM   #70

Photos: Gallery
I'd be surprised if any current Pentax owner has no lens to use with a K-1, the very first lens I ever bought for my K-R way back was a FF manual lens for very little money.
07-29-2018, 10:50 PM   #71

QuoteOriginally posted by alfa75ts Quote
One of the requirements for eligibility was that you have made at least 10 posts in July.
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
This message should have been updated from last month. It now reads "...because you did not make enough forum posts during the giveaway period".

Please check the giveaway rules (or even the notice at the top of the page) for details. You'll be able to try again in August!
Thank you, because of the busy work, I lacked the focus in following the notifications. Thanks again for your support
07-30-2018, 03:32 AM   #72
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Thank you, because of the busy work, I lacked the focus in following the notifications. Thanks again for your support
the new rules, if there are any changes will be announced when the winner of the July raffle is announced, I am sure.

be sure to look for them and then take the entire month to comply if necessary

the more contributions you can make to the forum by posting your photos and/or other posts the better

but you really don't have to do anything except meet the minimum requirements and then be lucky twice

once to get into the raffle contest and then to be the winner

good luck
07-30-2018, 03:49 AM   #73
Pentaxian

How do you find out how many posts you have made in any 1 period ?
07-30-2018, 04:00 AM - 1 Like   #74
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dick897 Quote
How do you find out how many posts you have made in any 1 period ?
the easiest way I have found is by clicking on the "Posts: " under your user name

you will get all of the posts you have made to the forum in date and time order

it appears you have made 8 posts today
07-30-2018, 04:17 AM   #75
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Aslyfox Quote
the easiest way I have found is by clicking on the "Posts: " under your user name

you will get all of the posts you have made to the forum in date and time order

it appears you have made 8 posts today
Thank you for that
Will check on pc.
Can't seem to do it on the ph.
It's just that when I tried to enter it was giving me
Have not met the required posts message.
And I had thought I had enough made.
Maybe not though.