Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 100 Likes Search this Thread
08-01-2018, 03:32 PM - 1 Like   #136
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
I just realised that today is the first of august! Duuuuuh!

for some reason that doesn't surprise me:

08-01-18 07:31

. . . The next question, for all are today's posts included in the 180? I know the overall count has started but Adams post did specify August
Bacon

08-01-2018, 03:55 PM   #137
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

If memory serves me, we hit 10 percent of the monthly goal of 40,000 post on the first day of July

if so we are running behind and of course we have further to go this month
08-01-2018, 11:18 PM   #138
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Does anyone know how many we actually made each month?
08-02-2018, 01:16 AM   #139

World Clock / Converter

Time Converter and World Clock - Conversion at a Glance - Pick best time to schedule conference calls, webinars, online meetings and phone calls.

08-02-2018, 01:55 AM   #140

I agree with fuzzyphotos - my life is really busy (yes, I know everyone's is) so I 'grab moments' - quick check, look something up, then move on. Posting takes a bit of time and effort and if I do not do it often, is a reflection of what I have said, not an indication that I am not interested or committed.
08-02-2018, 03:46 AM   #141
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Does anyone know how many we actually made each month?
Adam said when he posted the rules for August that the forum had more than 45,000 posts in July but didn't give a number

June I don't remember any thing
08-02-2018, 03:47 AM   #142
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Doctor_C Quote
I agree with fuzzyphotos - my life is really busy (yes, I know everyone's is) so I 'grab moments' - quick check, look something up, then move on. Posting takes a bit of time and effort and if I do not do it often, is a reflection of what I have said, not an indication that I am not interested or committed.
the nice thing about the forum is that you can be involved as much, or as little as you like.

other than the rules for the contest for the free camera, there is no requirements about how much or how little you post

08-02-2018, 06:35 AM   #143

I will continue to ask questions on the site to help me with my photography, but 180 posting in a month is a little to much. I try to post per requirements but, If I just say Hi! several times a day, will that count?
08-02-2018, 06:40 AM   #144
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Marnie642 Quote
I will continue to ask questions on the site to help me with my photography, but 180 posting in a month is a little to much. I try to post per requirements but, If I just say Hi! several times a day, will that count?
In the right location, yes. But from a practical standpoint I know I prefer meaningful posts myself. My posts aren't profound, but I try to be on topic and genuine.
08-02-2018, 10:00 AM   #145
Veteran Member

I recall someone asking if it would be possible to exchange the camera for cash if they won, but I can't find that thread. Does anyone recall the answer?
08-02-2018, 10:14 AM - 3 Likes   #146
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JHfwp Quote
I recall someone asking if it would be possible to exchange the camera for cash if they won, but I can't find that thread. Does anyone recall the answer?
I haven't seen any indication of this. However I suspect a return for credit at the purchase location would be possible depending on the vendor. Or selling it outright. To be fair, anyone doing this probably shouldn't plan to enter as this isn't in the spirit of the giveaway. But I don't recall any rules against it.
08-02-2018, 10:55 AM   #147
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Marnie642 Quote
you don't have to post any minimum number of posts to be a member

you do have to post a minimum 10 posts in August if you want to enter the contest for the free K 1 or K 1 II

personally I try to vary my posts

photographs

comments on serious and non serious threads

welcoming new members

trying to answer questions posted

to each his/her own
08-02-2018, 02:03 PM   #148
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I suppose you could trade it for KP and a nice lens. That would be in the spirit of the competition as it would allow someone to get Pentax to set up that may have been formerly out of reach. Initially I wasn't going to enter, purely because I have an APSC set up and it seemed to waste just using manual lenses, but even with SMC DAs it would be peach to use

---------- Post added 08-02-18 at 02:05 PM ----------

I am also following the aslyfox posting plan in the hope that I can make 180 without resorting to "er, hello"
08-02-2018, 02:44 PM   #149
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

we could have a huge number in the August raffle:

August raffle participants:

26 top posters in June and July who are automatically in the August raffle + 240 who post a minimum of 10 posts and win a raffle spot + x number of members who post 180 or more posts in August and are automatically in

so minimum of 266 plus ???

*Automatically qualified users:
Photogoof
FozzFoster
reh321
WPRESTO
Mikesul
Kerrowdown
aslyfox
CharLac
Racer X 69
noelcmn
UncleVanya
robtcorl
BigMackCam
pepperberry farm
DW58
Tonytee
wtlwdwgn
MarkJerling
savoche
normhead
bertwert
LensBeginner
SSGGeezer
stevebrot
eaglem
swanlefitte
08-02-2018, 02:45 PM   #150
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

I suppose you could trade it for KP and a nice lens. That would be in the spirit of the competition as it would allow someone to get Pentax to set up that may have been formerly out of reach. Initially I wasn't going to enter, purely because I have an APSC set up and it seemed to waste just using manual lenses, but even with SMC DAs it would be peach to use

---------- Post added 08-02-18 at 02:05 PM ----------

I am also following the aslyfox posting plan in the hope that I can make 180 without resorting to "er, hello"
remember that posts here don't count toward your total

nor do posts to groups