Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-02-2018, 05:59 PM - 2 Likes   #151
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Guys, I've been getting some complaints from users who are experiencing disruptions in their browsing experience due to a flood of posts, mostly in the photo-sharing sections. While I'm excited by the enthusiasm and increased level of participation, I'd like to ask everyone to refrain from posting just to raise that progress bar

"Brute forcing" the counter is definitely not in the spirit of the giveaway, and while it hadn't been an issue in prior months, I may add a cap on spikes in activity if we continue receiving such feedback.

Thanks in advance!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-02-2018, 06:03 PM   #152
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Just over 45k in both June and July.

QuoteOriginally posted by Marnie642 Quote
I will continue to ask questions on the site to help me with my photography, but 180 posting in a month is a little to much. I try to post per requirements but, If I just say Hi! several times a day, will that count?
You can still enter the raffle without 180 posts, you just won't be guaranteed an entry. If you want a more relaxing experience throughout the month, that might be the better route to pursue.

QuoteOriginally posted by JHfwp Quote
I recall someone asking if it would be possible to exchange the camera for cash if they won, but I can't find that thread. Does anyone recall the answer?
We will not convert the prize into cash. Substitution for a different camera might be possible, but certainly not encouraged.

Of course we can't stop you from reselling the camera on your own, should you decide to do so

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-02-2018, 07:32 PM   #153
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
We will not convert the prize into cash. Substitution for a different camera might be possible, but certainly not encouraged.

Of course we can't stop you from reselling the camera on your own, should you decide to do so
Thanks Adam. I would never think of selling it. On the other hand, a small part of me wonders if it might not be my best and only chance of upgrading to a 645z in the near future.

Either would be a dream come true. But honestly, just making the raffle, as I have the last couple months, has been quite fun.
08-07-2018, 03:13 PM - 1 Like   #154
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
If I win August that sucker will be another astro camera! The K1 is amazing at it. Too bad my skill isn't quite up to it.

08-21-2018, 08:40 AM   #155

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
No any chances for me
Why no?
08-21-2018, 09:01 AM   #156
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Forgive me if this is already asked and answered, but do lens reviews count for the 180 post limit to get a secure place in the raffle?
I will probably post them anyway, just not in August otherwise.
08-21-2018, 01:41 PM   #157
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
If I win August that sucker will be another astro camera! The K1 is amazing at it. Too bad my skill isn't quite up to it.
In my case it will be another piece of kit that is significantly more capable than I am :'(

08-21-2018, 01:46 PM   #158
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by othar Quote
Forgive me if this is already asked and answered, but do lens reviews count for the 180 post limit to get a secure place in the raffle?
I will probably post them anyway, just not in August otherwise.
contact Adam through a PM
08-21-2018, 01:59 PM - 1 Like   #159
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
In my case it will be another piece of kit that is significantly more capable than I am :'(
It is very easy to grow in to. The controls are intuitive and the menus are just like you are used to in Pentax land.
08-21-2018, 02:20 PM - 1 Like   #160
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
When you think about it, you probably don’t have a viewing port or a bayonet mount, let alone the ability to turn photons into digital data that’s able to be interpreted by a smart phone, so I wouldn’t worry about capability. I’d only worry when your camera starts taking photos on its own, and they’re better than yours.
08-21-2018, 02:36 PM   #161
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
When you think about it, you probably don’t have a viewing port or a bayonet mount, let alone the ability to turn photons into digital data that’s able to be interpreted by a smart phone, so I wouldn’t worry about capability. I’d only worry when your camera starts taking photos on its own, and they’re better than yours.
If that happens it's time for an exorcism. Or time to worry about the robots taking over. Either way...
08-21-2018, 03:36 PM   #162
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote

And how do you know I don't have those bits surgically implant.........OK, yeah, that would be stupid
08-21-2018, 06:51 PM   #163
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by xtcck Quote
Why no?
very complex method of choice
08-21-2018, 07:39 PM   #164
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Guys, I've been getting some complaints from users who are experiencing disruptions in their browsing experience due to a flood of posts, mostly in the photo-sharing sections. While I'm excited by the enthusiasm and increased level of participation, I'd like to ask everyone to refrain from posting just to raise that progress bar

"Brute forcing" the counter is definitely not in the spirit of the giveaway, and while it hadn't been an issue in prior months, I may add a cap on spikes in activity if we continue receiving such feedback.

Thanks in advance!
Can you expand on this a little bit?

I thought the whole point of having a post threshold was to get more participation on the site. That's exactly what I've been doing, and I've been trying to do it honestly, not to spike the counter. My posting has increased exponentially.

Part of that is posting in the photo sharing sections, which I've done for the very first time during the last 2 months. Are there some guidelines on proper behavior?
08-21-2018, 07:47 PM   #165
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mark Ransom Quote
Can you expand on this a little bit?

I thought the whole point of having a post threshold was to get more participation on the site. That's exactly what I've been doing, and I've been trying to do it honestly, not to spike the counter. My posting has increased exponentially.

Part of that is posting in the photo sharing sections, which I've done for the very first time during the last 2 months. Are there some guidelines on proper behavior?
It hasn't been an issue since the start of the month.

Adam