Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-29-2021, 09:14 PM   #136

Original Poster
I am trying to enter the contest for an HD Pentax-D FA* 50mm F1.4 SDM AW. I have made quite a few posts today, but the contest tells me I need more. No wonder I never win

Csiz

04-30-2021, 12:57 AM   #137
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Based on what I'm seeing, you should already be eligible to secure an entry for today.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

04-30-2021, 01:06 AM   #138
Veteran Member

Thank you Pentax for doing those raffles for us
04-30-2021, 01:13 AM - 1 Like   #139
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Prohibitiory Quote
Thank you Pentax for doing those raffles for us
Pentax most definitely isn't doing this raffle

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

04-30-2021, 01:23 AM - 1 Like   #140
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Pentax most definitely isn't doing this raffle
Excuse my wrong wording, thank you Pentax Forums
04-30-2021, 10:50 AM   #141

Original Poster
Based on what I'm seeing, you should already be eligible to secure an entry for today.
Yes. I finally entered the contest. If you reply to someone, as I am doing now, does that qualify as a message? Is there a word limit?

Cheers,
Loyd
04-30-2021, 03:29 PM   #142
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Mccsiz Quote
Yes. I finally entered the contest. If you reply to someone, as I am doing now, does that qualify as a message? Is there a word limit?

Cheers,
Loyd
Yes, this qualifies, an no, there is no word limit. Just keep in mind that for the purposes of the raffle, each new day starts at midnight GMT, which is the late afternoon / evening in the US.

Adam

04-30-2021, 04:44 PM   #143

Original Poster
Yes, this qualifies, an no, there is no word limit. Just keep in mind that for the purposes of the raffle, each new day starts at midnight GMT, which is the late afternoon / evening in the US.
Thanks Adam. I live in central British Columbia, so my time is the same as Washington and Oregon.

Cheers,
Loyd

04-30-2021, 09:49 PM - 1 Like   #144
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Prohibitiory Quote
Excuse my wrong wording, thank you Pentax Forums
Indeed, thank you Pentax Forums. I find the forum so muchy more lively when there's a raffle like this!
05-01-2021, 02:18 AM   #145
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by HoutHans Quote
Indeed, thank you Pentax Forums. I find the forum so muchy more lively when there's a raffle like this!
Oh, I don't know, it has its moments

****blatant comp reply**** 😂🤣😂🤣
05-01-2021, 06:53 AM   #146

Original Poster
So midnight GMT is the same as 5PM on the west coast. That means that all my posts from yesterday didn't count a wit toward entering the contest. C'est la vie!

Csiz
05-04-2021, 02:58 AM   #147

QuoteOriginally posted by HoutHans Quote
Yes, thank you PentaxForums!

It's really nice to belong to such a jovial community whose administrators sponsor such raffles every now and again!

It's also a great way to encourage relatively new members like me to get involved and make some posts!
05-05-2021, 01:19 AM - 1 Like   #148
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The trouble with comps is it encourages us to blatantly make pointless posts in order to get our count up

Just like this one

Aaaaand I'm in ***Kerchinnnnnggg***

6 Days Ago   #149
mee
Pentaxian

Indeed it does. And closing the threads that focus some of the pointless posts in order to force more thoughtful posts throughout this forum is probably going to backfire.
6 Days Ago - 1 Like   #150
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Indeed it does. And closing the threads that focus some of the pointless posts in order to force more thoughtful posts throughout this forum is probably going to backfire.
I couldn't agree more. The idea of the comp is to encourage people to post. Quite a lot of these are interesting and have a point But you will always get people who are one short, or in my case, four lol. I think it's good to have an outlet for the comp posts then they dont clog up the serious discussions