Get ready for a giveaway featuring the D FA* 50mm F1.4! - PentaxForums.com

oops

the discussions in the forums are suppose to be serious

shirely, you geste
Simply repeating the things people shout at me, over and over again

and don't call me Shirley

---------- Post added 16-05-21 at 09:15 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Photos-by-Chas Quote
I get a bit sarcastic with some people when I tell them, "You are entitled to your opinion, even if it is wrong."
Oh I am ever so polite. I always cordially invite them to go and stick their heads up a dead bears bum

05-16-2021, 09:39 AM   #167
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
No sure what this forum is about anymore. I started it as an inquiry into some defunct contest. Glad someone found a use for it, but I would like to unsubscribe. Is this possible?

Cheers,
Loyd

---------- Post added 05-16-21 at 09:41 AM ----------

Ignore the last post. I just figured out what to do.

Have Fun!
05-16-2021, 01:33 PM   #168
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Mccsiz Quote
No sure what this forum is about anymore. I started it as an inquiry into some defunct contest. Glad someone found a use for it, but I would like to unsubscribe. Is this possible?

Cheers,
Loyd

---------- Post added 05-16-21 at 09:41 AM ----------

Ignore the last post. I just figured out what to do.

Have Fun!
I was just about to say "yes" too .... Still, I got another post out of it
05-16-2021, 04:32 PM   #169
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
I was just about to say "yes" too .... Still, I got another post out of it
Ha Ha! So much for being unsubscribed.

Cheers,
Loyd

05-16-2021, 04:45 PM   #170

Within three seconds, I had entered the contest for the K-1. Three seconds, but no joy. Any advice to speed things up to two or even one second?

Csiz
Join the club.
05-17-2021, 05:41 AM   #171
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I wouldn't be too concerned about offending "keyboard warriors" by making a comment here. This is a free country and we all have the right to our personal opinions. Maybe it is my age, I am frequently politically incorrect, and get a few comments. I just pretend I'm a duck and the comments are water.
This forum is not in any country.
The moderators set the rules and you have only the rights they allow you to express.
Hopefully you can express yourself in printable English, but even that is not always acceptable to them.
05-17-2021, 05:58 AM   #172
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Indeed it does. And closing the threads that focus some of the pointless posts in order to force more thoughtful posts throughout this forum is probably going to backfire.
This ‘raffle’ is much better than the K-1 drawings a few years ago {read the first page of comments} when there were people just wandering around here making pointless comments, and had a hard time posting on the actual ‘raffle’ when I pointed them to it.
As far as I could see, their only interest was in winning the K-1 {whatever that is} and then selling it.
I was posting close to 100 comments per day in the “Post Your Photos!” section, and several were ahead of me.

Last edited by reh321; 05-17-2021 at 06:04 AM.
05-17-2021, 06:11 AM   #173
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I get a bit sarcastic with some people when I tell them, "You are entitled to your opinion, even if it is wrong."
I like that response. Wish I had read it before interacting with some character recently when he harangued me and my family about wearing a mask as protection against COVID. Thank you for sharing.

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
This forum is not in any country.
The moderators set the rules and you have only the rights they allow you to express.
Hopefully you can express yourself in printable English, but even that is not always acceptable to them.
Well, since I am in the USA, I feel I should have the right to express myself without resorting to profanity or defamatory speech.
05-17-2021, 06:16 AM   #174
Pentaxian

I am trying to enter the contest for an HD Pentax-D FA* 50mm F1.4 SDM AW. I have made quite a few posts today, but the contest tells me I need more. No wonder I never win

Csiz
I see that you are the “original poster”, but still have posted fewer than 200 times in the past eight years.
You must post only when contests are running.
Frankly, you should post at all times and learn how this place works - then it would be easy for you to get six posts {that count} in a day.
05-17-2021, 06:25 AM   #175
Pentaxian

Well, since I am in the USA, I feel I should have the right to express myself without resorting to profanity or defamatory speech.
But this forum is international - and it is private property.
We have members from all over the world - including Russia and China.
I have had very pleasant conversations here with people from both countries about photography.
You have here only the rights that @Adam; allows you to exercise.

Last edited by reh321; 05-17-2021 at 06:32 AM.
05-17-2021, 07:50 AM   #176
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

This ‘raffle’ is much better than the K-1 drawings a few years ago {read the first page of comments} when there were people just wandering around here making pointless comments, and had a hard time posting on the actual ‘raffle’ when I pointed them to it.
As far as I could see, their only interest was in winning the K-1 {whatever that is} and then selling it.
I was posting close to 100 comments per day in the “Post Your Photos!” section, and several were ahead of me.
as I have mentioned before in other threads -

with the opportunity to post your photos and/or

comment on other's photos and posts and/or

post in the " game " threads and/or

comment on other types of threads and/or

post in the welcome to the forum threads and/or

post in threads seeking help or advice and/or

start a thread of your own

I am confused when folks complain about having to post 6 times before being eligible for the raffle
05-17-2021, 08:34 AM   #177
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
I see that you are the “original poster”, but still have posted fewer than 200 times in the past eight years.
You must post only when contests are running.
Frankly, you should post at all times and learn how this place works - then it would be easy for you to get six posts {that count} in a day.
Now that I am retired, I am discovering what a wonderful source of information this place is. These days, I have time to explore my Pentax gear, and that gives me a reason to come here.

That being said, I did try to post thoughtful comments during the contests. As a subscriber, I receive notifications when a comment occurs, and many are not worth visiting the site. But the contests for actual gear are a real draw. As are the photos. There are some amazing images available for study. In fact, I bought my latest lens--PENTAX-D FA HIGH DEFINITION 150-450MM F4.5-5.6 DC AW--because of the photos and the discussion on a forum on this site. Initially, I was going to buy the 55-300.

Cheers,
Loyd

---------- Post added 05-17-21 at 08:39 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
as I have mentioned before in other threads -

with the opportunity to post your photos and/or

comment on other's photos and posts and/or

post in the " game " threads and/or

comment on other types of threads and/or

post in the welcome to the forum threads and/or

post in threads seeking help or advice and/or

start a thread of your own

I am confused when folks complain about having to post 6 times before being eligible for the raffle
Now this is a useful list. I just have to figure out how to better access the opportunities on this site. I have relied mainly on my subscriptions. A message arrives by e-mail, and I check it out. Thanks for taking the time to post this information.

Cheers,
Loyd
05-17-2021, 08:50 AM   #178
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

. . . . Now this is a useful list. I just have to figure out how to better access the opportunities on this site. Thanks for taking the time to post this information.

Cheers,
Loyd
my job here is almost done then

try checking the " Latest " section of the menus above

and this section too

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/
05-17-2021, 09:05 AM   #179
Pentaxian

Now that I am retired, I am discovering what a wonderful source of information this place is. These days, I have time to explore my Pentax gear, and that gives me a reason to come here.

That being said, I did try to post thoughtful comments during the contests. As a subscriber, I receive notifications when a comment occurs, and many are not worth visiting the site. But the contests for actual gear are a real draw. As are the photos. There are some amazing images available for study. In fact, I bought my latest lens--PENTAX-D FA HIGH DEFINITION 150-450MM F4.5-5.6 DC AW--because of the photos and the discussion on a forum on this site. Initially, I was going to buy the 55-300.

Cheers,
Loyd

Now this is a useful list. I just have to figure out how to better access the opportunities on this site. I have relied mainly on my subscriptions. A message arrives by e-mail, and I check it out. Thanks for taking the time to post this information.

Cheers,
Loyd
The other thing is that posts will be combined in a single thread (as your last two were) unless (1) over an hour has passed, (2) another person has posted in that thread in the meantime, or (3) you have marked your profile to disable that feature, ... so a person may think he has made enough posts already, but the system sees some of them combined,
05-17-2021, 09:57 AM   #180
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
my job here is almost done then

try checking the " Latest " section of the menus above

and this section too

Pentax Forum - Camera & Photography Community - PentaxForums.com
This connection is what I need. Thanks again for your help.

Cheers,
Loyd

---------- Post added 05-17-21 at 09:58 AM ----------

The other thing is that posts will be combined in a single thread (as your last two were) unless (1) over an hour has passed, (2) another person has posted in that thread in the meantime, or (3) you have marked your profile to disable that feature, ... so a person may think he has made enough posts already, but the system sees some of them combined,
OK. I wasn't aware of that. Of course, this only matters during contests.

Cheers,
Loyd