Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 60 Likes Search this Thread
07-29-2018, 11:11 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The first raffle thread filled up after exactly 30 seconds, so you do need to be quick. However, we still have 225 raffle slots and only about 550 more eligible users, so your overall chances of getting in are high.
So there were only 625 eligible users for July? Those are pretty good odds for winning.

How many of those eligible users are typical posters, and how many are just posting now to meet the entry requirement?

07-29-2018, 11:30 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
How many of you practiced yesterday???

My advice all along was to ignore Internet clock because we know from June that time returned by Thread is more accurate - it comes from only source that matters

Beyond this, it is mostly luck
IMHO yesterday's practice was not useful, unless you needed the basics.

I clicked on the second, quick reply, the wheel started to spin, but Firefox only told me it was loading after quite a while (before that, it was still waiting for the server to answer).
Since yesterday's practice didn't fill on the second it opened, it was not a substitute for the real thing.

I'll try my luck again at 1 o'clock today, House of Medici meridian ()...
07-29-2018, 11:44 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was 5 seconds too late, yet I got in as the 2nd last entry.

---------- Post added 07-30-18 at 01:48 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by leekil Quote
How many of those eligible users are typical posters, and how many are just posting now to meet the entry requirement?
I doubt that I make 10 posts a month; definitely didn't last month & even forgot about the raffle. This time I made sure that I had the requisite # of entries yesterday (while not contributing a great deal).
07-30-2018, 12:06 AM   #19

I clicked "post reply" to see full answer page (not fast answer). Typed whatever i wanted ahead and clicked "post reply".
It shows then "you need to wait another 15 min 34 sec" or something like that, but answer is already typed, you just have to submit it again.
Then i zoomed out my screen a little to see "post reply" button on screen when page is loaded and started to click it few seconds before time. Page load is for me somewhere about 0,3s, so it was just "click", "too early", click, too early...click... good job, i'm #8 (so 7th answer).

But yes, i don't usualy write 10 posts every month. I read a lot, almost every day, but don't write much. I just don't like to talk when i don't have anything to say or when i feel there are some people with more knowledge and experience, who will answer for sure.

07-30-2018, 01:48 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Had to google utc time
07-30-2018, 03:35 AM   #21
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MatKus Quote
. . . But yes, i don't usualy write 10 posts every month. I read a lot, almost every day, but don't write much. I just don't like to talk when i don't have anything to say or when i feel there are some people with more knowledge and experience, who will answer for sure.
which,

IMHO,

is perfectly ok

everyone has their own comfort level
07-30-2018, 04:03 AM   #22
Site Supporter

Clicked it 5 seconds before, still got the all entries were filled. You've got to be kidding! This is twice!

07-30-2018, 04:03 AM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Ahg. Totally spaced out and missed posting. Back at 1...
07-30-2018, 04:03 AM   #24
Veteran Member

In, even though I clicked the first time with 1 second remaining, and had to click again - I think I did better the first time, eye–hand coordination-wise...
So, yeah, luck/Broadband-Deities play a big role IMHO.

Now I can go back developing my RAWs
07-30-2018, 04:04 AM   #25
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MatKus Quote
I clicked "post reply" to see full answer page (not fast answer). Typed whatever i wanted ahead and clicked "post reply".
It shows then "you need to wait another 15 min 34 sec" or something like that, but answer is already typed, you just have to submit it again.
Then i zoomed out my screen a little to see "post reply" button on screen when page is loaded and started to click it few seconds before time. Page load is for me somewhere about 0,3s, so it was just "click", "too early", click, too early...click... good job, i'm #8 (so 7th answer).
Well, I just did this, and at the 0 second mark, but the entire thing was already full.

Pretty harsh.
07-30-2018, 04:04 AM   #26
Pentaxian

I got a 'system message', nothing more just now. Not sure what went wrong there.
07-30-2018, 04:10 AM   #27
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by LensBeginner Quote
So, yeah, luck/Broadband-Deities play a big role IMHO.
I must have done something right, it worked!
07-30-2018, 04:12 AM   #28
Pentaxian

Bummer indeed. I keep forgetting about the raffle threads so always too late. And if they fill up with people who have less than ten posts, chances to win are quite high.
07-30-2018, 04:13 AM - 2 Likes   #29
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by texandrews Quote
Well, I just did this, and at the 0 second mark, but the entire thing was already full.

Pretty harsh.
did any one promise you life would be fair?

they may have lied

the contest appears to be as fair as possible, there are circumstances beyond any one's control at work

and yes, I got lucky and got in but that doesn't mean I will win
07-30-2018, 04:13 AM - 1 Like   #30
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
Clicked it 5 seconds before, still got the all entries were filled. You've got to be kidding! This is twice!
same here, I posted right when the thread opened and it just sat there waiting, then message popped up that it was full....luck of the draw I guess, and I am on fast internet connection