Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 23 Likes Search this Thread
07-31-2018, 10:56 AM - 3 Likes   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax K-1 Summer 2018 Giveaway - August Announcements

I am creating a single thread for our K-1 giveaway in order to make it easier to find important announcements and information. Any changes to giveaway rules or procedures will be posted here.

We will give away a Pentax K-1 in August, once we reach 45,000 total posts on the forum (per the "thermometer" at the top of each page, or roughly when the total post count on the homepage reaches 4,276,000). The cutoff for this post count will be 11:59:59pm UTC-8 on August 31st, 2018. If we reach 51,000 posts, that K-1 becomes a K-1 II!

Once we reach the post count requirement, I will create three raffle threads in the Pentax Forums Giveaways section. These threads will open at 05:00 (5am), 13:00 (1pm), 22:00 (10pm) UTC on or after August 30th. Each thread will accept up to 80 replies, each of which will be a raffle entry. Our system will attempt to automatically enforce this limit and any post beyond the 80th in any of these threads will not be considered a raffle entry.

If you make 180 or more posts during August, you will automatically receive a raffle entry and will not need to post.

After all raffle entries are claimed, I will pick a random number n between 1 and the number of total raffle entries, and our winner will be the holder of the nth raffle entry.

There are some additional requirements for users to be able to post in the raffle threads:
  • You must have at least 10 posts on the forum in August, prior to the start of the first thread
  • Your account must be registered at least 24h prior to the creation of the raffle threads
  • You are not eligible if you've previously won a camera through this giveaway
  • Limit one entry total, per month, per household

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-31-2018, 11:05 AM - 6 Likes   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
To summarize changes for this month:
  • Automatic raffle qualification if you make 180 or more posts in August
  • Automatic raffle qualification* for our June and July top posters
  • Threshold for K-1 II decreased to 51,000
  • Threshold for K-1 increased to 45,000 (this was exceeded in both June and July)
  • Raffle thread size increased to 80 entries
  • Total number of raffle threads decreased to 3, all 8 hours apart

*Automatically qualified users:
Photogoof
FozzFoster
reh321
WPRESTO
Mikesul
Kerrowdown
aslyfox
CharLac
Racer X 69
noelcmn
UncleVanya
robtcorl
BigMackCam
pepperberry farm
DW58
Tonytee
wtlwdwgn
MarkJerling
savoche
normhead
bertwert
LensBeginner
SSGGeezer
stevebrot
eaglem
swanlefitte

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-28-2018, 11:48 AM - 1 Like   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
It looks like we are very close to giving away a K-1, or perhaps even a K-1 II, this month! Since we are so close to the K-1 II, and in order to correctly calculate the automatic qualifications, I plan to start the raffle threads after the end of the giveaway period, likely on September 2nd, at the times in post #1, UTC.

Adam

09-01-2018, 12:08 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
The following users are automatically qualified in august as they reached over 180 posts (many overlap with last month's top posters):

Photogoof
reh321
WPRESTO
noelcmn
Kerrowdown
bertwert
aslyfox
UncleVanya
ffking
dbs
CharLac
pepperberry farm
Racer X 69
BigMackCam
SSGGeezer
FozzFoster
Tonytee
robtcorl
normhead
MarkJerling
DW58
Mikesul
savoche
wtlwdwgn
eaglem
TedH42
UserAccessDenied
blues_hawk
Mark Ransom
paulh
boriscleto
clackers
Rondec
steve_k
Cerebum
GinaC
twilhelm
PJ1
VoiceOfReason
monochrome
aaacb
altopiet
pxt
aitrus3
surfar
ChristianRock
stevebrot
MetteHHH
pjv
victormeldrew
SJM
Kozlok
othar
jhaji
jays0n
torashi
beachgardener
MossyRocks
biz-engineer
Videopilot
serothis
DeadJohn

Adam

09-01-2018, 12:10 AM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
The final list of automatically qualified users is thus as follows. If your name is not listed and you think it should be, or if the raffle threads allow you to enter (they should not since you're automatically entered), please shoot me a PM.

Photogoof
FozzFoster
reh321
WPRESTO
Mikesul
Kerrowdown
aslyfox
CharLac
Racer X 69
noelcmn
UncleVanya
robtcorl
BigMackCam
pepperberry farm
DW58
Tonytee
wtlwdwgn
MarkJerling
savoche
normhead
bertwert
LensBeginner
SSGGeezer
stevebrot
eaglem
swanlefitte
ffking
dbs
TedH42
UserAccessDenied
blues_hawk
Mark Ransom
paulh
boriscleto
clackers
Rondec
steve_k
Cerebum
GinaC
twilhelm
PJ1
VoiceOfReason
monochrome
aaacb
altopiet
pxt
aitrus3
surfar
ChristianRock
MetteHHH
pjv
victormeldrew
SJM
Kozlok
othar
jhaji
jays0n
torashi
beachgardener
MossyRocks
biz-engineer
Videopilot
serothis
DeadJohn
clickclick
WildPortraits
timw4mail
RobA_Oz
BruceBanner

Adam

09-01-2018, 12:18 AM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
The three raffle threads are now live:
August Pentax K-1 II Giveaway: Raffle Thread 1, 05:00 UTC, September 2, 2018 - PentaxForums.com
August Pentax K-1 II Giveaway: Raffle Thread 2, 13:00 UTC, September 2, 2018 - PentaxForums.com
August Pentax K-1 II Giveaway: Raffle Thread 3, 22:00 UTC, September 2, 2018 - PentaxForums.com

Adam

09-02-2018, 07:55 PM - 7 Likes   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
The time has come for us to announce the August winner! In our final iteration of the giveaway, we went well over the required 51,000 August posts, and thus our winner will get upgraded from a K-1 to a K-1 II!

We had a total of 69 (auto qualified) + 108 (1st thread) + 80 (2nd thread) + 38 (3rd thread) = 295 entries. The lucky number from random.org was drawn as 18, which means that our winner is @MarkJerling from the first set of entries. Congratulations!

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their tremendous involvement in the giveaway; I hope you all enjoyed the increased level of engagement throughout the forum during this period. I know it was a somewhat bumpy ride at times with our entry system, so thanks for your patience with that as well. Looking forward to seeing all of you around on the forum next month!

While there won't be any giveaways in September, I plan to bring back this type of giveaway again in the near future, ideally with more prizes. The next giveaway may start spontaneously, so being among our top posters in future weeks may prove to be rewarding

Adam

09-03-2018, 03:10 AM - 6 Likes   #8
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thank you Adam. Very much appreciated. Super stoked!
Closed Thread