Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 52 Likes Search this Thread
01-12-2020, 04:54 PM - 1 Like   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I can be very talkative at times.

I discovered that many regulars here want Pentax to stay exactly what it has been for the last dozen or so years - a supplier of inexpensive "APS-C" DSLRs. I have also discovered that many equate "quality" with "lots of detail" i.e., "high mp count". I probably responded a few extra times because of the GiveAway. I posted more often than usual in the PYP! section to keep low count photos on the first page, but that means I looked and looked at a lot of photos, and I really did see good in many of them.
I learned it can be difficult to find out who won things. I also learned that it can be pretty difficult to come up with 100 posts in a month without s***-posting. My album has a ton of stuff in it now.

Anybody got a link to a winners thread article or something? I can't find anything on December's drawing as the drawing thread just kind of went quiet.

[edit: just found it 1 minute later.] congrats to the winners. I kind of liked that bit they did last year where you had to be an active member before the stuff started, but I guess bringing in fresh blood helps too.

01-12-2020, 04:57 PM - 1 Like   #17
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

if any one is curious

QuoteQuote:
courtesy of our random number generator!

The first drawn number was 114, and our 114th entry corresponds to @womble , who is our grand prize winner and future recipient of the new K-mount flagship!

The second number was 254, which makes @gatorguy the winner of a 2-year Loyal Site Supporter forum account upgrade.

Finally, at 301, our third place winner and recipient of a PF T-shirt is @Kevin B123;

I'd like to congratulate our winners and thank everyone who participated in this incredible event.
Read more at: PentaxForums 100 Year Giveaway - December/January - Grand Prize Raffle Entry Thread - PentaxForums.com

QuoteQuote:
Congratulations to our raffle winners!

45 @timb64 (1st prize)
349 @Clarkey (2nd prize)
318 @Pentaxrookie (3rd prize)
Read more at: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/187-pentax-forums-giveaways/398430-penta...#ixzz6ArcqhcNr
01-12-2020, 05:00 PM - 1 Like   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by blues_hawk Quote
I learned it can be difficult to find out who won things. I also learned that it can be pretty difficult to come up with 100 posts in a month without s***-posting. My album has a ton of stuff in it now.

Anybody got a link to a winners thread article or something? I can't find anything on December's drawing as the drawing thread just kind of went quiet.

[edit: just found it 1 minute later.] congrats to the winners.
Yes, Adam doesn’t keep to schedules very well - sometimes we sit waiting - but no one is perfect, especially not me - and he is the sponsor of, pays for, these GiveAways.

Last edited by reh321; 01-12-2020 at 05:08 PM.
01-13-2020, 05:35 AM - 8 Likes   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I'll admit to being more-than-a-little taken aback. I've never won anything worth winning before! I was just pleased that my rooty fisheye photo was doing OK in the comp, another first for me.

Congrats to all the other winners.

Cheers, Kris.

01-13-2020, 06:07 AM   #20
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by womble Quote
I'll admit to being more-than-a-little taken aback. I've never won anything worth winning before! I was just pleased that my rooty fisheye photo was doing OK in the comp, another first for me.

Congrats to all the other winners.

Cheers, Kris.
Congratulations on winning the K-new! Now we know who is the person who cares more about the releasing date! Most probably the same person who was the first to win a K-new worldwide!

Thank you Adam for the give aways and congratulations to all other winners too!
01-16-2020, 06:08 AM - 2 Likes   #21
Pentaxian

I discovered that after many years, I still enjoy the positive attitude of forum members trying to genuinely help out people who come up with a question.

I also discovered that, even though some posts were quite tongue-in-cheek, most users here have a great sense of humour.

I also discovered that I'm not particularly lucky...
01-16-2020, 06:53 AM   #22

QuoteOriginally posted by StiffLegged Quote
...esoteric technicalities...
I learned a few of these.

01-16-2020, 03:08 PM - 1 Like   #23
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
I discovered that after many years, I still enjoy the positive attitude of forum members trying to genuinely help out people who come up with a question.

I also discovered that, even though some posts were quite tongue-in-cheek, most users here have a great sense of humour.

I also discovered that I'm not particularly lucky...
Hi Bdery
All your points are correct
I'm glad for all the help here because boy do I need it..so thanks to all.
Humour well we need it going by some, some of our camera models can't take pictures of bycycles on a bend coming at you...or the list goes on and on and on.
I think we are all lucky to have such a happy lot of like minded souls........oh competitions you mean...its better chances than lotto....and no I didn't win either.

Dave
01-17-2020, 03:59 AM - 1 Like   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I learned that the photo threads are the best, while the ones in News and Rumors generate the most arguments.
01-17-2020, 09:36 AM - 1 Like   #25
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I learned that the photo threads are the best, while the ones in News and Rumors generate the most arguments.
There is a news and rumours section?

I prefer to hang out in the photo threads and the film images area, and a little bit in the Q zone.

K.
02-09-2020, 02:29 PM - 3 Likes   #26
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Yep, I would agree. I made the mistake of reporting Pentax's absence at the Paris Photo Expo.

Amazing to me that some of the most vitriolic critics have never posted an image on PF ... or very few at best.
02-17-2020, 08:00 AM   #27
Pentaxian

I learned I can actually Post 10 times in a month
04-23-2020, 10:50 AM   #28
Veteran Member

Could upgrade hosting bandwidth next time.
07-04-2020, 01:25 PM   #29
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I learned that my posts which should have entered me in TWO of the drawings weren’t counted and that I was therefore, not entered.
07-04-2020, 01:41 PM   #30
Pentaxian

I just learned there was a contest......
In years as high school teacher with a ticket limit of $10 a week for tickets for sports teams, band trips and all kinds of other things, I Learned that $300 a year for 25 years gets you a couple of cups of coffee at Timmies that you give away to your sister because you aren't a coffee drinker. Contests even with prizes aren't my favourite.