Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-02-2020, 08:14 PM - 3 Likes   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
"Get ready for a surprise Pentax KP giveaway in December!" - I suppose most of us won't be surprised when December 7th rolls around.
Well we'll just have to act surprised.

12-03-2020, 01:34 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
As the community seemed to really enjoy our K-70 giveaway, we will be launching another camera giveaway this month, this time for a Pentax KP!

The format will be very similar (a raffle with daily entries), and entries will be accepted from December 7th through December 25th- think of it as a late Christmas present

More details will be posted over the weekend. Also, don't miss the December lens tournament which also just started: Announcing the PF December 2020 Lens Tournament - PentaxForums.com
So awesome to see good news on the internet! Someone will have their hands on a fantastic KP in the new year!
12-03-2020, 05:51 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Oh, a surprise to be sure... but a welcome one. If I do win I'll have to pair the KP with a DA Limited or two!
12-03-2020, 06:28 AM - 1 Like   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by steamloco76 Quote
I truly love the image quality and flash exposure accuracy delivered by my KP. The small (actually minuscule) buffer is the biggest demerit to this otherwise excellent camera. I keep my K-3 for moving subjects requiring high frame rate burst shooting.

One thing for sure, I will try and generate a few raffle entries for the KP, I’d gladly take another!
For someone like me, the KP is an excellent camera.
I have no need of a deep buffer, large battery, or top LCD, but I do appreciate its graceful high ISO performance, and its sharing battery types with my K-30.
I would hate for you to have to ‘settle for second best’.

12-03-2020, 07:37 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Almost all of my birding photography is done with my KP with dbg-7 grip using a Dli-90 battery. High ISO image quality trumps buffer when photographing small birds, definitely not a 'second best' camera.
I’m sorry, but the post I responded to did imply “second best”. The guy who won the K-70 is coming from a K1000, and was thinking Nikon - I hope the KP also finds a good home, and did follow the entry thread and did share in the fun/excitement.
Since I already have a KP, I chose to not even enter the last ‘raffle’ even though I qualified almost every day - I may enter this time, with the thought of finally retiring my K-30 as ‘backup’.
12-03-2020, 07:51 AM   #21
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm hoping for some nice prizes for the those not winning the KP
12-03-2020, 07:54 AM   #22
Pentaxian

Well, I rarely post enough times in a single day to generate a raffle entry,( I have ONE for the K-70) , however your suggestion that I am being somehow unfair to other Forums Members by entering the raffle is, in my opinion utter rubbish!
You are entitled to your opinion - I will not argue about it.
You were within the rules.

12-03-2020, 11:28 AM   #23
Pentaxian

Well my KP does need a friend
12-04-2020, 06:47 AM   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The format will be very similar (a raffle with daily entries), and entries will be accepted from December 7th through December 25th- think of it as a late Christmas present
Well I may going to go back into the dark so I can save up any comments in my head and post them during the raffle period.
12-04-2020, 07:17 AM   #25
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
More cameras in the hands of more people. That's always great.
12-04-2020, 07:27 AM   #26
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mooncatt Quote
Well I may going to go back into the dark so I can save up any comments in my head and post them during the raffle period.
Take some photos and save them up for posting then.
Traffic at PYP! doubled for this past raffle.
Or you could find a squirrel or two - the “Rupert Memorial” thread could use a few more contributions.
12-04-2020, 07:33 AM - 2 Likes   #27
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Take some photos and save them up for posting then.
Traffic at PYP! doubled for this past raffle.
Or you could find a squirrel or two - the “Rupert Memorial” thread could use a few more contributions.
posting photos there is only one of the many ways to contribute to the forums

add to its knowledge

join in the conversations and games

welcome new members

contribute to it the way you want

but don't limit yourself should you seek to enjoy the forums
12-04-2020, 11:40 PM   #28
Veteran Member

Here we go again!
12-05-2020, 02:45 PM   #29
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
The raffle thread is now posted:

Pentax KP Giveaway - Enter here once per day until December 26th! - PentaxForums.com

The first day of entries begins in just over 24 hours. Good luck to everyone!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-05-2020, 02:47 PM   #30

Sounds exciting, just what I need for Christmas!