Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 30 Likes Search this Thread
04-02-2021, 10:21 PM - 5 Likes   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Get ready for a giveaway featuring the D FA* 50mm F1.4!

Per the 2021 Pentax lens tournament (The D FA* 50mm F1.4 is the Best Pentax Lens of All Time - Giveaways and Events | PentaxForums.com), the D FA* 50mm F1.4 is now the greatest Pentax lens of all time. As promised, we will be giving away a copy of this lens!

The giveaway will start in the coming days and the format will be similar to what we've done recently: you'll be able to claim one raffle entry per day by posting in a thread on the forum (after making a qualifying number of other posts that day).

After this giveaway ends, we'll start another featuring the Pentax K-70. Stay tuned!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-02-2021, 11:12 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Is that one of those limited silver 600?
it looks very impressive.
04-03-2021, 12:27 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Wow. Nice prize.
04-03-2021, 06:08 AM - 5 Likes   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I think you should limit entries to people who don't have the lens but really want it

And live in Lancaster, UK

With an elderly springer

And no camera budget

.....it was worth a try

04-03-2021, 07:49 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Per the 2021 Pentax lens tournament (The D FA? 50mm F1.4 is the Best Pentax Lens of All Time - Giveaways and Events | PentaxForums.com), the D FA* 50mm F1.4 is now the greatest Pentax lens of all time. As promised, we will be giving away a copy of this lens!

The giveaway will start in the coming days and the format will be similar to what we've done recently: you'll be able to claim one raffle entry per day by posting in a thread on the forum (after making a qualifying number of other posts that day).

After this giveaway ends, we'll start another featuring the Pentax K-70. Stay tuned!
Adam, is the rule prohibiting past winners from winning again still valid. Or since this is in 2021, a new decade, will we start over?
04-03-2021, 02:31 PM - 1 Like   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Yes, we will limit the grand prize to users who haven't won a grand prize within the past 5 years.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-05-2021, 08:17 AM   #7

Oh this sounds fantastic!

04-14-2021, 11:49 PM - 1 Like   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
The raffle thread is now live, and the first day to enter will be Friday the 16th. This means that the first raffle entries can be claimed in just under 24 hours (at midnight GMT on the 16th). Best of luck and remember to get your daily entries in!

Pentax D FA* 50mm F1.4 Giveaway - Enter here once per day until May 16th - PentaxForums.com

Adam

04-15-2021, 11:45 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Yes, we will limit the grand prize to users who haven't won a grand prize within the past 5 years.
So. whomever receives this lens will not be eligible to receive cameras in the future next five years?

Last edited by reh321; 04-15-2021 at 11:54 AM.
04-15-2021, 12:39 PM   #10
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
So. whomever receives this lens will not be eligible to receive cameras in the future next five years?
They wouldn't be eligible to receive a future grand prize through one of our raffles. However, photo contests and other events would still be fair game.

Adam

04-15-2021, 01:08 PM   #11
Pentaxian

They wouldn't be eligible to receive a future grand prize through one of our raffles. However, photo contests and other events would still be fair game.
Thank you.

I already own something like five 50mm lenses, which are of limited value to someone who has "APS-C" cameras.
I would get limited utility from a modern "perfect" 50mm lens.
I enjoy your "raffles", even though I don't expect to actually receive anything, but I think this time I'll 'pass' since I would hate to accidentally 'win' this time and thereby disqualify myself from 'winning' in the future.
I usually post six or more times on an average day, and I won't slow down my pace just because of my decision not to 'compete'.
04-16-2021, 11:27 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I managed to miss day one, so that reduced my chances of winning from almost zero to .... I appear to have backed myself into a corner here
04-17-2021, 05:16 AM   #13
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
I managed to miss day one, so that reduced my chances of winning from almost zero to .... I appear to have backed myself into a corner here
Thirty chances would still give you a reason to hope {until the “drawing”} - more than you’d have if you don’t enter at all.
04-17-2021, 06:00 AM   #14
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Another great contest and prize

Adam I think you have found the correct formula

I'm in it to win it *

* = consolation prize only
04-17-2021, 08:36 AM - 1 Like   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Thirty chances would still give you a reason to hope {until the “drawing”} - more than you’d have if you don’t enter at all.
I never enter, expecting to win, in fact there have only been two prizes i really, really wanted, the K1 and the k3iii. I enter mostly for the fun of participating and hope the prize goes to someone I like and so far, most of them have