Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-17-2021, 09:14 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
I managed to miss day one, so that reduced my chances of winning from almost zero to .... I appear to have backed myself into a corner here
Same here, time to fix that.

04-17-2021, 01:06 PM - 1 Like   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Kevin B123 Quote
Same here, time to fix that.
Yeah but i need to make sure I only post worthwhile comments, just like this isn't
04-17-2021, 05:40 PM   #18
Veteran Member

I never enter, expecting to win, in fact there have only been two prizes i really, really wanted, the K1 and the k3iii. I enter mostly for the fun of participating and hope the prize goes to someone I like and so far, most of them have
Great sentiment, and the same sort of idea here really. Winning would just be icing on the cake, well, a little more than that, but you get the gist...
04-17-2021, 10:49 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
Great sentiment, and the same sort of idea here really. Winning would just be icing on the cake, well, a little more than that, but you get the gist...
Completely 😁 I am genuinely happy when someone I like wins. I have this thing about comps. I worked in a post office where serial competition winners posted out the prizes they had sold on ebay. They had no interest in the prize, just its value! GRRRRRRRRR! If I had my way I would only have the competition open to PF regulars or at least members who had joined at least a week prior to the comp being announced. Prizes, especially the fabulous ones that @Adam gives out should go to someone who will really appreciate them, like me Hey, @Womble will finally be getting his K3iii soon 😁

04-18-2021, 05:42 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Completely 😁 I am genuinely happy when someone I like wins. I have this thing about comps. I worked in a post office where serial competition winners posted out the prizes they had sold on ebay. They had no interest in the prize, just its value! GRRRRRRRRR! If I had my way I would only have the competition open to PF regulars or at least members who had joined at least a week prior to the comp being announced. Prizes, especially the fabulous ones that @Adam gives out should go to someone who will really appreciate them, like me Hey, @Womble will finally be getting his K3iii soon 😁
That was really a problem when @Adam; was first giving out K-1 prizes; I ended out helping several contestants find the actual entry thread - they made the {I think} ten required posts, then seemed to make “I’m in” posts in random threads that mentioned the contest. I tend to make enough posts routinely now to enter, but I enter the contest only if I could actually use the ‘prize’, partly to stay out of the way of those who really want it, and partly because I don’t want to be disqualified from a prize I might want by accidentally winning a ‘prize’ that I would have no real use for. For example, my photography is now tilted to slightly wide angle, so I would have no use for a 50mm lens, which would be slightly telephoto on my KP, so I won’t enter this contest {but “Thanks” to @Adam;} for this contest}.
04-18-2021, 06:04 AM   #21
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

I enter the contests because

why not

since I got lucky and got the KP [ which my son has " inherited" no cash exchange so I guess that is ok with Cerebum ]

I'm correctly limited to the consolation prizes

and I like to try to put " unusual " entries into the actual raffle threads

but one thing I hate about the raffles

the judgment by some as to whether a post is " worthy " or not to make up the necessary number to post in the raffle thread

only Adam should make that call, IMHO
04-18-2021, 09:27 AM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
I enter the contests because

why not

since I got lucky and got the KP [ which my son has " inherited" no cash exchange so I guess that is ok with Cerebum ]

I'm correctly limited to the consolation prizes

and I like to try to put " unusual " entries into the actual raffle threads

but one thing I hate about the raffles

the judgment by some as to whether a post is " worthy " or not to make up the necessary number to post in the raffle thread

only Adam should make that call, IMHO
You are very much in the "oh, I am glad he/she won" category, and giving it to your son is high up the good home list. What sets off the wailing and gnashing of teeth is when there is a prize I would dearly love but will probably never be able to afford (e.g. a K1) and a non pentaxian hypothetically sweeps in, wins it and sweeps back out, never to be seen outside ebayland until the next competition. @Adams prizes should go to someone who will love them, (me) cherish them, (also me) and use them (you know what's coming). Joking apart, I know open comps are the way to go because it brings in the new members. I just hope whoever wins benefits, and not just fiscally

04-18-2021, 09:33 AM - 1 Like   #23
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

. . . it brings in the new members. I just hope whoever wins benefits, and not just fiscally
thank you

and I agree

it is nice when new members who join because of the contest

continue to contribute to the forums after the contests end
04-18-2021, 10:22 AM   #24
Pentaxian

You are very much in the "oh, I am glad he/she won" category, and giving it to your son is high up the good home list. What sets off the wailing and gnashing of teeth is when there is a prize I would dearly love but will probably never be able to afford (e.g. a K1) and a non pentaxian hypothetically sweeps in, wins it and sweeps back out, never to be seen outside ebayland until the next competition. @Adams prizes should go to someone who will love them, (me) cherish them, (also me) and use them (you know what's coming). Joking apart, I know open comps are the way to go because it brings in the new members. I just hope whoever wins benefits, and not just fiscally
Yes, Adam as awarder and rule maker decides who is qualified - and he has adjusted the rules several times - but I was bothered by those who are in this for purely reasons of “filthy lucre” - who say from the beginning that they have no interest in Pentax {perhaps not even photography}, and who have admitted from the start that they have no interest in the ‘prize’ other than as something that someone else will give them money for.

Last edited by reh321; 04-18-2021 at 10:54 AM. Reason: change "am bothered" to "was bothered" - not seen in recent 'raffles'
04-18-2021, 06:48 PM   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

our overworked cyberspace must feel very saturated........
04-19-2021, 07:28 AM   #26
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Are posts in forum social groups supposed to count as well? I tried to enter today and it said one more post needed. I made two posts in social groups, and I still got the one more post notice when trying to enter.

I did make another qualifying post, so I have today's entry now.
04-19-2021, 07:44 AM   #27
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mooncatt Quote
Are posts in forum social groups supposed to count as well? I tried to enter today and it said one more post needed. I made two posts in social groups, and I still got the one more post notice when trying to enter.

Social Groups didn't count the last time @Adam; gave a K-1 away;
that code may still be in there.
04-19-2021, 12:12 PM - 1 Like   #28
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mooncatt Quote

For the purposes of this giveaway, only posts on the forum itself will be counted.

Prior events have considered reviews, social group posts, likes, and other content, but to keep things simple, that's not the case here.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-19-2021, 04:09 PM   #29
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
For the purposes of this giveaway, only posts on the forum itself will be counted.

Prior events have considered reviews, social group posts, likes, and other content, but to keep things simple, that's not the case here.
Thanks for the clarification. I thought social groups were part of the general forum, hence the confusion.
05-14-2021, 11:59 AM   #30

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Per the 2021 Pentax lens tournament (The D FA* 50mm F1.4 is the Best Pentax Lens of All Time - Giveaways and Events | PentaxForums.com), the D FA* 50mm F1.4 is now the greatest Pentax lens of all time. As promised, we will be giving away a copy of this lens!

The giveaway will start in the coming days and the format will be similar to what we've done recently: you'll be able to claim one raffle entry per day by posting in a thread on the forum (after making a qualifying number of other posts that day).

After this giveaway ends, we'll start another featuring the Pentax K-70. Stay tuned!
Thank you! I've been out of service, out of comms for most of this time, doh!