Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 30 Likes Search this Thread
05-19-2021, 05:18 AM   #46
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Please stay tuned for another raffle very soon (I'd love suggestions on the prize).
I'd suggest a high quality telephoto lens, but only because I'd selfishly love to win it instead of buying one. Maybe like the DFA* 70-200mm?

05-19-2021, 08:59 AM   #47
5ks
Pentaxian

Yes, this was very interesting and fun.
(Wondering what tomorrow brings... )

My suggestion on the next prize: DFA 150-450.
Too pricy? Well, DFA 21 mm then?
05-19-2021, 10:03 AM   #48
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by 5ks Quote
Yes, this was very interesting and fun.
(Wondering what tomorrow brings... )

My suggestion on the next prize: DFA 150-450.
Too pricy? Well, DFA 21 mm then?
Frankly, I think the DFA 150-450mm is uninteresting.
It is too massive to lug it around with me.
Adam is perfectly within his rights to offer it - he is paying for the raffle after all - but I am within my rights to ignore the contest just as I chose to ignore his raffle for the {massive} DFA* 50m lens.

But, you are correct, the raffles are interesting and fun {even for those of us who do not participate}.

Last edited by reh321; 05-19-2021 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Eliminated “not” - I changed wording in the middle of the sentence and ended up with wording that was incorrect
05-19-2021, 10:05 AM   #49
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This was fun. Thanks Adam and friends.

05-19-2021, 10:56 AM   #50
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Be careful of any scheme which associates number of tickets to number of posts.
! ticket per person per day was OK, but I'm not sure you want to see a return to some of us posting 100 times per day.
Ah yes, this is a very important clarification: there would be a cap on the maximum number of entries, so you'd still effectively be limited to one entry (or fewer) each day. Otherwise things would inevitably go nuts. However, you could spread out your posts however you'd like, and also claim the entries whenever, rather than daily.

We will see how that works out. If the engagement ends up being significantly lower due to manipulation of the rules, we will go back to the way this contest was set up (which I believe is fine, save for the time zone issue).

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-19-2021, 11:29 AM   #51
Pentaxian

Ah yes, this is a very important clarification: there would be a cap on the maximum number of entries, so you'd still effectively be limited to one entry (or fewer) each day. Otherwise things would inevitably go nuts. However, you could spread out your posts however you'd like, and also claim the entries whenever, rather than daily.

We will see how that works out. If the engagement ends up being significantly lower due to manipulation of the rules, we will go back to the way this contest was set up (which I believe is fine, save for the time zone issue).
Yes, anything that would, in fact, reduce confusion would be a good idea.
05-19-2021, 01:37 PM   #52
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Please stay tuned for another raffle very soon (I'd love suggestions on the prize).
My vote says the 20-40mm LTD.

thanks for all ya do Adam!

05-19-2021, 02:53 PM - 1 Like   #53
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

One of the updated HD FA Limiteds would be a good choice. With those you are covered for another three raffles
05-19-2021, 05:44 PM - 2 Likes   #54
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SelrahCharleS Quote
One of the updated HD FA Limiteds would be a good choice. With those you are covered for another three raffles
Love this idea! We could even allow the winner to choose their desired lens.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-19-2021, 11:04 PM   #55
Pentaxian

That sounds lovely

Maybe a raffle for DFA 85mm as well?

Thank you again Adam for your efforts.
05-19-2021, 11:40 PM   #56
Pentaxian

Great idea, and thanks for organising this, Adam. Just out of curiosity, what is the time involved in setting up something like this?
05-20-2021, 01:11 AM - 1 Like   #57
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by HoutHans Quote
Great idea, and thanks for organising this, Adam. Just out of curiosity, what is the time involved in setting up something like this?
There's a good amount of work involved, from making sure the entries are distributed fairly and without usability issues, to sending out the announcements and all those fun things

Adam

05-20-2021, 04:20 AM   #58
Pentaxian

There's a good amount of work involved, from making sure the entries are distributed fairly and without usability issues, to sending out the announcements and all those fun things
I can imagine, good luck with that and again thanks for organising this and keeping this great forum up and running!
05-20-2021, 04:57 AM   #59
Pentaxian

Meanwhile - - - the work of the previous ‘raffle’ has to be finished before we can even think of moving on.
05-20-2021, 08:36 AM   #60
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Since, the raffle closed a couple days ago, I've neither seen, read nor heard the results. Has the winner been determined or is the process still ongoing?