Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 21 Likes Search this Thread
11-13-2021, 12:06 PM - 6 Likes   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Giveaway suggestions: Pentax K-70 prize

I have a brand new K-70 that's looking for a new home! I've been thinking of creating a giveaway or contest involving photos- it could be as simple as a random chance to win if you share a photo, or a more traditional judging/voting based contest. If you have any suggestions, please share them here

11-13-2021, 12:42 PM - 8 Likes   #2
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Personally, Adam, I think it would be nicer to offer it via random selection from all those sharing photos, rather than having the photos judged. There's a wide range of skill levels in these forums, and more will be encouraged to enter if they know they're not being judged on ability. The K-70 is an attractive camera not just for already-capable enthusiasts, but for those just taking their first steps into serious photography too...

You could possibly stipulate that the photo must be taken during the contest, and / or suggest a quite specific but easy-to-achieve subject matter (perhaps with a seasonal theme). That would be good encourgagement to get folks to pick up their cameras (whatever they may be - any make and model) and shoot, and would make for fun viewing

Whatever you decide, Adam, that's yet another very generous prize. What a lucky community we truly are...

Last edited by BigMackCam; 11-13-2021 at 01:58 PM.
11-13-2021, 12:44 PM - 3 Likes   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Judging/voting based on the strength of an image isn't as open as, say, the draw. We have some spectacular photographers in our midst, not to mention people who live in epic locations. If you wanted to do a photo challenge you could look for amusing or thought provoking images as opposed to epic ones. Just a thought
11-13-2021, 03:36 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

What about a photo essay about either what it means to be a Pentax shooter or why the person deserves to win the k70?

It’s different than the norm and the first at least requires a bit more than a drive by post.

11-13-2021, 07:04 PM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
What about a photo essay about either what it means to be a Pentax shooter or why the person deserves to win the k70?

It’s different than the norm and the first at least requires a bit more than a drive by post.
That is a very interesting idea. I would enter a giveaway based on a photo post, just because I am a fan of the K-70 and would like to have one to play with for awhile prior to giving it away later on the marketplace. Doing essays of that sort would expose me as a fraud and would more fairly place the camera in the hands of someone who would use it as an important component and possibly even key component of kit.

This one has my vote!

Steve
11-13-2021, 09:30 PM   #6
Pentaxian

I like the photo post type model. If there is voting based on the photo post it would be fair. The other methods seem like ways that it could be done, but the voting based on photo post is a simple, straightforward method. That is just my opinion.
11-13-2021, 09:49 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Does this K-70 come with US warranty or International?

I already have K-70 and enjoy it.

11-13-2021, 09:52 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think a photo with short blurb of intent of photo and exclude those already with 24 megapixel camera. This will be an honour system and I am out of the running. Random winner from all posts.

Last edited by Joetitch; 11-13-2021 at 11:06 PM. Reason: clarification.
11-14-2021, 12:33 AM - 1 Like   #9
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I think one photo posted, one entry.

Simple and sweet.
11-14-2021, 12:53 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dave_roe Quote
I think one photo posted, one entry.

Simple and sweet.
Sounds fair , now taken with Pentax only , or anything , incl smartphones?
Taken now or anytime in the past?
11-14-2021, 01:05 AM - 1 Like   #11
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Personally, Adam, I think it would be nicer to offer it via random selection from all those sharing photos, rather than having the photos judged. There's a wide range of skill levels in these forums, and more will be encouraged to enter if they know they're not being judged on ability. The K-70 is an attractive camera not just for already-capable enthusiasts, but for those just taking their first steps into serious photography too...

You could possibly stipulate that the photo must be taken during the contest, and / or suggest a quite specific but easy-to-achieve subject matter (perhaps with a seasonal theme). That would be good encourgagement to get folks to pick up their cameras (whatever they may be - any make and model) and shoot, and would make for fun viewing

Whatever you decide, Adam, that's yet another very generous prize. What a lucky community we truly are...
I second your proposal / comments Mike.
11-14-2021, 01:31 AM - 1 Like   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote

I second that too.
11-14-2021, 12:59 PM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by i_trax Quote
Does this K-70 come with US warranty or International?

I already have K-70 and enjoy it.
In past contests the winner’s location determined where the camera was obtained perhaps to ensure that the warranty and taxes were simple.
11-14-2021, 01:46 PM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
In past contests the winner’s location determined where the camera was obtained perhaps to ensure that the warranty and taxes were simple.
yes but in this case Adam is claiming to already have one hence my question
11-14-2021, 03:10 PM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
A posted image would be enough for an entry. This seems fair. I also think that it would be nice to have an appropriate theme, just to have something to discuss too. Very generous giveaway, thank you Adam. I love my K-70, would be nice to pair it with a double. A great fuel to get some action in here.