Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-28-2008, 05:54 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bymy141 Quote
Ok, thanks for letting me know.

It is extremely difficult to find the Sigma 70-200 f2.8 over here in a regular shop, guess I need to order it on the Web somewhere. K-mount lenses are no so common.
I'll check the Sigma tech specs first.

- Bert
I'm not sure there are any new lenses being produced at the moment. you need to check this. I think Sigma did announce the newest version of the 70-200 would be available in pentax, but somewhere else in this forum, I believe someone dug up a quote that they would start with cannon first. You may need to wait a while.

Note, I have the origonal APO 70-200 EX F2.8, and I guess was lucky enough to have bought it 4 years ago shortly after getting my *istD. It really is a great lens, and yes it is HEAVY.

02-28-2008, 06:01 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
I'm not sure there are any new lenses being produced at the moment. you need to check this. I think Sigma did announce the newest version of the 70-200 would be available in pentax, but somewhere else in this forum, I believe someone dug up a quote that they would start with cannon first. You may need to wait a while.

Note, I have the origonal APO 70-200 EX F2.8, and I guess was lucky enough to have bought it 4 years ago shortly after getting my *istD. It really is a great lens, and yes it is HEAVY.
Yup they did announce a new version of the 70-200EX and it is going to have an HSM focusing motor!

Link to news story: Sigma 70-200 and 50-150 f/2.8 APO EX DG for Pentax and Sony: Digital Photography Review
02-28-2008, 05:00 PM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by palmor Quote
Yup they did announce a new version of the 70-200EX and it is going to have an HSM focusing motor!
Yes, but when the heck are we going to see this?
03-02-2008, 10:59 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Duh_Vinci Quote
Please do update us on the results when you come back from the trip!

I'm really toned between Tamron and Sigma - Sigma due to HSM, would serve me really well for shooting concerts and stage, Tamron - at that price is a bargain and I've been more than pleased with their products for years!

Regards,
D
not on my trip yet, but had a chance to go out today.

Photo attached has had no PP except for re-sized. Not even cropped.

I was quite surprised at the quality, shot at 400 ISO on the K10D. I just wish the shake reduction could be set to accomodate the TC

Attached Images

03-31-2008, 04:13 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Home from my trip

Finally got around to posting a photo from my trip with the Sigma APO 70-200 F2.8 EX plus 2x TC.

This goes with the merlin posted earlier.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/208249-post1.html

In consideration of the photos.

The merlin posted earlier is about the most Ideal conditions and distance, the whooping crane link above is as far away as you can be and still get a good image. Note this image was cropped out of a K10D photo, and cropped to 1100 by 850 pixles (to print an 8.5 x 11 page)