Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-25-2016, 11:52 AM   #1

optio extended warranty - is it worth anything?

I purchased a WG-3 from amazon in June 2013 and the optio extended warranty card from B&H at the same time. So with that I was suppossed to get a 3 year warranty on the camera that will expire June 2016. I've been very happy with the camera, never took it more than a few feet deep, but by November 2015 the camera had stopped working. I would hit the on button, just hear a buzzing, then it would beep and shut down.

I sent it to Precision Camera shortly thereafter and they found internal corrosion that was not repairable, and they told me Pentax would contact me about a replacement under warranty. They did call me mid-December and they said they would send me a WG-4 as a replacement. However, they also said since the camera is discontinued it would be backordered and I probably wouldn't see it til after the holidays.

Well it's now more than two months later and still no replacement camera. I've called twice and submitted an online request through Ricoh's homepage, and the response is always the same... they have absolutely no idea when a replacement camera would be shipped. I think those were the exact words.

I feel stuck, and am suspicious that Pentax is just trying avoid fulfilling the warranty. Have other people had similar experiences? Any suggestions to how to get this resolved?

Thanks, Wayne

02-25-2016, 12:06 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sorry to hear this! Perhaps give them a call and ask for something else that's available- like the WG-M1, WG-5 or WG-30w? The WG-4 has been discontinued for a while so I doubt they'll ever get one.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: