Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-10-2016, 05:20 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
I'm guessing a crackled screen could allow water to get into the camera, depending on the design behind it. So may want to consider that too if you take it out during rainy or very humid times.
Agreed... but the screen protector should significantly reduce that possibility... plus, if the cost of repair is at least $300, and with the price of the K3 sinking lower and lower - particularly for used examples, with owners upgrading to the K1 - I would take the risk and, if the worst happens, simply replace with a new body.

03-10-2016, 06:28 PM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
That is not correct.

That is the BASE estimate. It will never go down from there... only up.
Things may have changed. What they told me in Spring of 2015 is that it may go either way and that the card is not charged until the estimate amount is approved by the customer. I suppose I could give them a call since neither of us has had a relatively simple repair (like LCD cover replacement) done there.

In case anyone is interested, here is a how the repair is done, assuming you are able to source the part:

https://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2012/02/how-to-change-your-cameras-lcd-cover

Note the cost of the replacement.

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 03-10-2016 at 06:33 PM.