Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-14-2016, 09:34 AM   #46

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Finntax Quote
This is already mentioned for Sweden, but Kamera service i Kungsör AB in Sweden is the official Pentax repair service company for Focus Nordic Group which is the official Pentax importer for Scandinavian and Baltic countries. As far as I know, this is the only official Pentax repair service company for Sweden, Denmark, Iceland, Finland and Estonia.

Norway: Camera.no - Norges beste service team

Lithuania: UAB "Orgsis" (info@orgsis.lt)

Latvia: SIA Biroja Tehnika un Serviss (serviss@bts.lv)
Don't know where you got that info about UAB "Orgsis" (info@orgsis.lt) in Lithuania, but they have nothing to do with Pentax. Only Canon. Adam should correct that info.
The one and only official Pentax supplier in Lithuania is Vilbrafoto www.vilbrafoto.lt salonas@vilbra.lt

03-14-2016, 09:56 AM   #47
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by dsmithhfx Quote
How do you mean "shy" ?
They don'T charge for estimates (which is the legal thing to do around here) but that means if they can't tell easily what's wrong, they sometimes won't take a job.
03-14-2016, 11:10 AM   #48

Pentax distributor in Singapore. It also distributor for Sigma in Singapore.

Audio & Photo Distributor (F.E) Pte Ltd

#07-19/20
E-Centre @ Redhill
Singapore 159471

Operating hours:
Monday to Friday
9.30am to 6.00pm
Closed on Sat,Sun & Public Holiday

Customer service number:
Tel: +65 6273 9622

Sales and marketing:
Fax: +65 6274 6011

Support email address:
support@apds.com.sg

Technical/Warranty Support email address:
service @apds.com.sg
03-14-2016, 01:02 PM   #49
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
When the K1 arrives I intend to send my K5IIs off to see if it can be repaired. The mounting ring was ripped out when it fell to the floor with the Bigma mounted on it. I remounted the ring...kind of ...only 3 screws held...and it works in MF only with no aperture control but other functions like speed and ISO work fine, as well as the LCD and most other functions.

It is not a warranty repair, so can anyone make a recommendation as to where to send it for this type of repair? I love this camera and hope to keep it even if it will only shoot in MF mode.

Regards & Thanks!
You'll probably have to go with precision, just because of the parts requirement.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-14-2016, 01:23 PM   #50
Pentaxian

OK I got my first quote back for a CLA of the SP: ~Can.$100, includes one year warranty. This actually puts it in the ballpark of figures I've seen for the famed Eric, currency conversion factored in (but not shipping), and I'd sort of trust him more, but he's apparently indisposed to accept new work just now due to illness.

Has anyone got a better price for comparable work at a Canadian repair shop?
03-15-2016, 05:45 AM   #51
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
You'll probably have to go with precision, just because of the parts requirement.
I'll contact them as soon as I get the K1...currently I can shoot the K5IIs in MF so I don't want to be with nothing in the interim. I think it may need a new mounting flange and some electronic re-connections.

Regards
03-15-2016, 05:55 AM   #52
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
They don'T charge for estimates (which is the legal thing to do around here) but that means if they can't tell easily what's wrong, they sometimes won't take a job.
OK thanks.

03-16-2016, 10:37 AM   #53
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
They are competent. However, they are a bit shy for some repairs.
There was a LOT of confusion (too long to explain) with them when I sent my K5 for a "complete" CLA.
As a result, I will no longer deal with them.
JP
03-23-2016, 11:25 AM   #54
Veteran Member

Anyone know why there seems to be so much trouble with Pentax repair?
03-23-2016, 11:48 AM   #55
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by shaolen Quote
Anyone know why there seems to be so much trouble with Pentax repair?
Lots of people have good experiences, others get unlucky.

The purpose of this thread is for us to have a centralized listing of service providers so that you know what options are available when you need a repair

If you have any questions about repairs in a specific region, it would be best to start a new thread in this forum.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-23-2016, 12:50 PM   #56
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
This is a growing list of Pentax repair/service providers. Feel free to post any additions!

Australia
Canada
Central America
France
  • PM2S (Authorized to perform warranty service)
  • PHOX
Germany / Austria
  • Rüdiger Maerz GmbH, Hamburg (Authorized to perform warranty service)
  • Rüdiger Maerz GmbH, Berlin (Authorized to perform warranty service,)
  • KAMERAZEIT e.K., Lübeck (Authorized to perform warranty service)
Greece
  • Inlens (Authorized to perform warranty service)

Lithuania

• Vilbrafoto (Authorized to perform warranty service)

Latvia

Poland
Japan
Netherlands
  • PM2S (Authorized to perform warranty service)
Norway

Singapore

• apds (Authorized to perform warranty service)

South Africa

Sweden
  • Kameraservice (Authorized to perform warranty service for all of Scandinavia)
Switzerland
  • Jäger AG, Bremgarten (Authorized to perform warranty service)
Vietnam
  • Tixiai (Authorized to perform warranty service)
UKUS
In Canada, the only authorized warranty repair facility appears to be Sun Camera Service.

According ricoh-imaging.ca:

"RICOH IMAGING CANADA INC. has a service centre for warranty and non-warranty repair...", which is followed by the address and telephone and fax numbers of Sun Camera Service, although Sun is not explicitly mentioned.
03-23-2016, 01:12 PM   #57
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pete-tarmigan Quote
In Canada, the only authorized warranty repair facility appears to be Sun Camera Service.
They also do Henrys and Futureshop, going by their "About" page.
03-23-2016, 02:44 PM   #58
Pentaxian

After dropping y DA*60-250 and damaging the filter and casing, I sent to off to Sun Camera. I Ok'd the estimate on Feb. 26 i arrived in the mail two days ago. So it came on or about March 22. That's less than a month, I wasn't even going to start looking for it for another two weeks.
03-24-2016, 05:35 AM   #59
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dsmithhfx Quote
They also do Henrys and Futureshop, going by their "About" page.
Who does what to Henry's and Future Shop? Whose "About" page? I don't understand. Do you mean that those two stores are authorized to do warranty repairs on Pentax gear? Neither one of those chains repairs photo equipment. If gear bought at any Pentax-authorized retailer in Canada is brought back to the retailer for a warranty claim, the retailer's only option is to send the gear to the only authorized warranty repair service in Canada, i.e., Sun Camera Service.
03-24-2016, 05:39 AM   #60
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pete-tarmigan Quote
Who does what to Henry's and Future Shop? Whose "About" page? I don't understand. Do you mean that those two stores are authorized to do warranty repairs on Pentax gear? Neither one of those chains repairs photo equipment. If gear bought at any Pentax-authorized retailer in Canada is brought back to the retailer for a warranty claim, the retailer's only option is to send the gear to the only authorized warranty repair service in Canada, i.e., Sun Camera Service.
LMGTFY: Sun Camera Service - About Us