Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-24-2016, 12:43 PM   #61
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
So it looks like Sun Camera is the one and only authorized repair shop for Pentax. Henry's and other chains use them for their own warranty coverage.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

03-24-2016, 01:04 PM   #62
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
So it looks like Sun Camera is the one and only authorized repair shop for Pentax. Henry's and other chains use them for their own warranty coverage.
When Pentax shut down their own shop Sun picked up two of the 6 techs, so they probably have the best qualified people as well. When I took my *ist D in for repair 10 years ago, Henry's still had two of their own repair techs, and only passed it on to Pentax if it was something they couldn't handle.
04-01-2016, 12:16 PM   #63

Recommendation for Harrow Technical

For the UK members info, I have a P30n which I've owned from new and it still looks new, tried to use it and it was dead..

Sent it to Harrow Technical and it came back working as new! Great job.

I'm working my way through a Kodak Gold 200.

Funny how we hold an affection for our "old" cameras.
04-01-2016, 09:57 PM   #64
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Dubbo, New South Wales, Australia:
Camera Checkpoint Camera Check Point services for photographers
Ben Vang is a legend with 35+ years experience. Film cameras, digital cameras, lenses. Highly recommended, reasonable prices.

04-03-2016, 04:55 AM   #65
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Bonjour,

For France, please refer to " PM2S " ... they are the Pentax warranty repair center .. Salut, J
Their website has the following note, Jean
"Ce site est dédié à la réparation des appareils HORS GARANTIE
Si votre appareil est sous garantie, merci de contacter votre revendeur"

in English for non-francophones
"This site is dedicated to product repairs OUT OF WARRANTY
If your device is under warranty, please contact your dealer"

Bob

Last edited by Bob L; 04-03-2016 at 05:16 AM.
04-03-2016, 07:50 AM   #66
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob L Quote
Their website has the following note, Jean
"Ce site est dédié à la réparation des appareils HORS GARANTIE
Si votre appareil est sous garantie, merci de contacter votre revendeur"

in English for non-francophones
"This site is dedicated to product repairs OUT OF WARRANTY
If your device is under warranty, please contact your dealer"

Bob
Bonjour Bob,

Yes, you are correct if your Pentax equipment is out of its warranty period. One can send direct to them, as I understand it.

If your Pentax equipment is still under EU two-year warranty or an extended warranty, you must first take it to the seller and then the seller will send your Pentax equipment to PM2S.

I had my former K-7 repaired out of warranty by PM2S (but sent to them by my local B&M store - "Phox" -, because I bought it used from them and they split the repair cost 50/50, but that's a long story) ...

I had my K-5 flash repair by PM2S while under the original two-year EU warranty ... and repaired again for the same problem almost near the end of my extended three-year warranty on that same K-5.

Both times with the K-5 flash problem, it had to be sent to PM2S via my local B&M store ... which was fine with me, since I did not have to fork out any postage costs ... that was included, too. Both repairs took about a month and both times the K-5 came back with a repair "report/statement/invoice" from PM2S.

Hope this clears things up a bit. Salut, J
04-05-2016, 11:27 AM   #67

Has anyone had any experience with Saneal Cameras in Calgary (specifically Cross Iron Mall). I was going to pop by there this week and thought I'd check with you first.

Thanks
D
04-05-2016, 01:34 PM   #68
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Pointnshoot Quote
Has anyone had any experience with Saneal Cameras in Calgary (specifically Cross Iron Mall). I was going to pop by there this week and thought I'd check with you first.

Thanks
D
Might be worth starting a separate thread for this

Adam

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

06-19-2016, 05:55 AM   #69
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Camera Service/repair UK

Luton Camera Repair did a good job on two pentax K-r's. One was a casing replace, the other was a broken mirror (which they disassembled and replaced the whole mirror box). These repairs were facilitated by my supplying a defunct K-r for spare parts. It's clear they know what hey are doing, however they are primarily Olympus servicers.

Luton Camera Repair Services Ltd.
49, Guildford Street,
Luton,
Bedfordshire,
LU1 2NJ
United Kingdom
Tel: (01582) 458 323
Fax: (01582) 459 785
email: service@lutoncameras.co.uk
06-19-2016, 01:40 PM   #70
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by marcusBMG Quote
Luton Camera Repair did a good job on two pentax K-r's. One was a casing replace, the other was a broken mirror (which they disassembled and replaced the whole mirror box). These repairs were facilitated by my supplying a defunct K-r for spare parts. It's clear they know what hey are doing, however they are primarily Olympus servicers.

Luton Camera Repair Services Ltd.
49, Guildford Street,
Luton,
Bedfordshire,
LU1 2NJ
United Kingdom
Tel: (01582) 458 323
Fax: (01582) 459 785
email: service@lutoncameras.co.uk
Thanks for the addition! I've updated the sticky.

Adam

09-13-2016, 06:48 AM   #71
Veteran Member

Two independent repair shops in Pasadena CA

General Camera Repair

I doubt this one to be authorized for Pentax. In fact, I don't think either one is authorized.
CAMERA REPAIR, CAMERA SALES, WEB SITE HOSTING & DESIGN BY ELEDOM PHOTO, CANON, FUJI, MINOLTA, NIKON, OLYMPUS & PENTAX AHUTHORIZED SERVICE
09-13-2016, 01:41 PM   #72
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by solar1 Quote
Nice finds! I've added both to the list. Precision is the only authorized repair center in the US, and the only one that accepts warranty work, but I'm sure the two above will also perform work in a more limited scope.

Adam

10-21-2016, 04:54 AM   #73
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi

I just learnd that there now is a norwegian service center for Pentax. Pål Vangsøy has worked with service and repairs for Pentax some 30 years. He has now set up his own business and is open for more work. He can be contacted via mail: service@palvangsoy.no

He can service new and older cameras and lenses.

He also has access to loads of original spare parts from the company Fovi AS, who used to be the offical importer of Pentax, they are now a Pro Center.
10-21-2016, 09:15 AM   #74
GPZ
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I came across this Canadian company yesterday on Facebook Camera Repair Centre Ltd – Camera and Lens Repair in Halifax, Nova Scotia.

They also posted this on YouTube.
10-21-2016, 02:56 PM   #75
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Baard-Einar Quote
Hi

I just learnd that there now is a norwegian service center for Pentax. Pål Vangsøy has worked with service and repairs for Pentax some 30 years. He has now set up his own business and is open for more work. He can be contacted via mail: service@palvangsoy.no

He can service new and older cameras and lenses.

He also has access to loads of original spare parts from the company Fovi AS, who used to be the offical importer of Pentax, they are now a Pro Center.
Does he also have a web site?

Adam