Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20 Likes Search this Thread
10-21-2016, 02:57 PM   #76
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GPZ Quote
I came across this Canadian company yesterday on Facebook Camera Repair Centre Ltd – Camera and Lens Repair in Halifax, Nova Scotia.

They also posted this on YouTube. Overhauling a Pentax K1000 - YouTube
Looks great- I've added them to the list.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-12-2016, 05:47 PM   #77
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

DA* 50-135 will not AF

Well I guess I will be able to review the service from Pentax soon. I have used Garland Camera & repair for years and took my lens to them for repair. They have had to send it out to Pentax for repair as there seems to be no one at Pentax that they can contact for parts. They can't even get a phone call returned.
01-12-2017, 04:59 PM   #78
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Another Australian repairer

Here's one in the Melbourne CBD, in Mitchell House on the corner of Lonsdale and Elizabeth Sts: vintech camera repairs – camera service
They service a wide range of cameras and lenses (film, digital and video), including Pentax. Their standard fee for a quote is $88 - the fee is applied towards the repair if you proceed with it. They also have a small stock of used gear, and provide sensor cleaning and media transfer (e.g. film/slide scanning, video to DVD, etc). The guy I spoke to seemed very knowledgeable and could not have been more helpful (he put some missing screws in my lens on the spot and didn't charge for it). He said that he found Pentax gear good to work on, and was easy to get parts for.
03-05-2017, 07:04 PM - 1 Like   #79
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Finaly got it back

Well two weeks ago I got my DA*50-135 back, it would not autofocus on either my K20D or my K1. I took it to a local shop that I and my family has used for years. They gave up after several fruitless attempts to reach anybody at Pentax to order parts. They in turn sent it to Precision for me and of course Precision could not do anything and had to send it back to the factory to be repaired. I really wish Ricoh/Pentax would pick up in the areas of marketing and support. I really really love my K1 but I'm hesitant to spend more on the platform for new lenses

03-05-2017, 08:48 PM   #80
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by KA5TXL Quote
I really wish Ricoh/Pentax would pick up in the areas of marketing and support. I really really love my K1 but I'm hesitant to spend more on the platform for new lenses
Me too, Me too... This is precisely why I want to see more 3rd party lens support. So I can get away from Pentax's Precision repair. The K-1 is fantastic, but I too am concerned for the level of support behind it and any of their pricey lenses... In the United States it seems Ricoh Imaging has given us support only to the level they can consider it support and then claim it as such.

The whole issue would be moot if they'd reopen their parts warehouse and/or sell parts to other repair shops.

But it seems they negotiated a sweet contract with Precision and Precision knows they have us by the throat. Too bad.
04-01-2017, 12:11 PM   #81
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
While searching for light seals I found a place in San Diego that has a light seal replacement service. They can also replace the leather cover.

Halcyon Cameras | Vintage Camera Restoration
04-01-2017, 03:55 PM   #82
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
While searching for light seals I found a place in San Diego that has a light seal replacement service. They can also replace the leather cover.

Halcyon Cameras | Vintage Camera Restoration
Nice find! I've added them to the list.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-07-2017, 12:40 AM - 1 Like   #83

After my DA XS 40 developed a problem with it leaf shutters, they all fell out and were floating around inside for the second time, (it was repaired under warrenty the first time) I sent it of to Alan Marlow in the UK to repair it. The repair was quick, good value and it was good being able to just call someone directly and discuss the problem over the phone. His website is here: CAMERA REPAIRS, LENS REPAIRS in WEST LONDON , SURREY , TW17 , TW18
05-07-2017, 01:39 AM   #84
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Twevor Quote
After my DA XS 40 developed a problem with it leaf shutters, they all fell out and were floating around inside for the second time, (it was repaired under warrenty the first time) I sent it of to Alan Marlow in the UK to repair it. The repair was quick, good value and it was good being able to just call someone directly and discuss the problem over the phone. His website is here: CAMERA REPAIRS, LENS REPAIRS in WEST LONDON , SURREY , TW17 , TW18
Thanks for sharing your experience!

Adam

07-30-2017, 08:33 AM   #85
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

While looking at the Halcyon site I noticed they recommend a repair shop called Garry's Camera Repair. Looking at his repair list he services Pentax manual and autofocus film cameras (no DSLRs) and will even service Pentax IQ zooms.

Garry's Camera Repair

$65 + $8 shipping for a ZX series camera, $45 for a K1000/KM, Spotmatic, or A3000. $50 for a ME/ME Super or K2. No LX, MX or KX...or PZ or SF...
07-31-2017, 02:03 AM   #86
Veteran Member

I recently stumbled across this sole trader in Melbourne.

Nagami Camera Service

Really nice gentleman who was an authorised Canon serviceman in a former life. He was efficient and thorough in pricing the repairs I asked of him and his rates seem quite reasonable. I will report back after the units are returned.
09-19-2017, 11:40 PM   #87
Veteran Member

Hungary (Magyarország): Kezd?lap
11-19-2017, 12:04 PM - 1 Like   #88
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Does he also have a web site?
Hi

Here is a link Service og support - Fovi AS - Pentax Pro Shop
11-19-2017, 12:20 PM   #89
Veteran Member

In Hungary Camera kft is authorized to perform warranty service.
11-19-2017, 12:53 PM   #90
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by 08amczb Quote
In Hungary Camera kft is authorized to perform warranty service.
You already posted that and it was added to the list Thanks!

Adam