Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-12-2016, 02:56 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter

Servicing of modern Pentax lenses in the UK?

I have a DA lens that needs servicing and optical alignment, but is outside of warranty. Does anyone have any experience of any UK-based service facilities - whether companies or individuals - that they can recommend? I see quite a few online that specifically mention Pentax in their information...

Thanks in advance.

03-12-2016, 03:04 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Realistically, everything goes back to JPSS unless you can get someone like harrow technical to have a look at it. I don't know how much access they've got to spares. JPSS fixed my 18-135 that I'd dropped at a reasonable price (100+VAT) which I thought was ok. Give SRS or Clifton a ring and have a chat with them to see if they've got any other recommendations. Many years ago there used to be a place called Camera Clinic at Chester-le-Street but I don't know if they still exist or not.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
k-mount, pentax, pentax lens, pentax lenses, slr lens