Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-13-2016, 09:41 PM - 1 Like   #1
Site Supporter

New Leaf extended warranty from Adorama

So I'm about to pull the trigger on a DA* 300mm and Adorama seems to be the right choice as they also have a 4% reward on the purchase. They are also offering a 5 year extended warranty that includes "drops and spills" for only $41. This sure seems like a slam dunk to have extended coverage for 5 years. As a comparison, B&H has the lens for a few bucks cheaper but only offers a 3 year Squaretrade warranty covering drops and spills for $156.

I just can't seem to find much info on anyone that has actually had to file a claim. The reviews on Adorama aren't that helpful as most people give 4 or 5 stars but simply because it is a good price and peace of mind. I can't find a positive review from anyone that has actually filed a claim on anything. There is one 2-star negative review saying New Leaf tries to find reasons not to honor the warranty but doesn't really go into specifics.

So I guess I'm just posting this to see if anyone has any experience with the warranty program. I've seen a couple other threads on here about New Leaf but most are dated a year ago or longer.

03-14-2016, 01:26 AM   #2
Adorama Camera Representative

You are most welcome to email me directly, Helen@adorama.com, with any queries or concerns you may have.
03-14-2016, 11:56 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thank you Helen. I don't know that I have any specific questions as of yet but I will reach out to you when I do.