Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-21-2016, 09:14 AM   #16
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by niceshot Quote
there is usually an electronic wire attached to that so called washer. is yours dis attached?
Yes! So that's what that little wire is at the top of the mount area!

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
EDIT: ... and further reading in that thread yielded a suggestion from @panoguy that this may be a grounding element, which would explain the wire connection that @niceshot was referring to above.
Makes perfect sense!

Thanks guys, I now see I can't handle this repair and will try to send it in to this Eric fellow after I contact him.

Best Regards & many thanks!

03-21-2016, 10:16 AM   #17
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Rupert, isn't your K5II still under warranty? If so I'd take advantage of that.
03-21-2016, 12:11 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
Rupert, isn't your K5II still under warranty? If so I'd take advantage of that.
Warranty clearly states....."Does not cover damage caused by jackass fools." Mrs Rupert read it and she said it was those exact words......though I didn't read it myself.

Regards!
03-21-2016, 12:15 PM   #19
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

forehead slap Sorry, I never thought of that!

With your K1, maybe get a rider on your insurance to cover things like this. I got one for around $30 a year, and does cover owner damage; among most other things, such as theft, fire, etc.

03-21-2016, 12:23 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
With your K1, maybe get a rider on your insurance to cover things like this. I got one for around $30 a year, and does cover owner damage; among most other things, such as theft, fire, etc.
I might check that out.....not sure they will want the business of a jackass fool?

I am generally very careful with my gear and my vehicles, but no one is immune. Things happen...not always good!

Regards!
03-21-2016, 12:59 PM   #21
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I know you are most careful with everything; but as you said, accidents can happen. Makes us sick when they do. I know how I'd feel if it was my K3.
03-21-2016, 01:24 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Did you buy the camera using a credit card? If so, you might even be covered for "damage caused by jackass fools". They also typically cover one year past the manufacturer's warranty. Might be worth checking into.

03-21-2016, 07:36 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by darylk Quote
Did you buy the camera using a credit card? If so, you might even be covered for "damage caused by jackass fools". They also typically cover one year past the manufacturer's warranty. Might be worth checking into.
That's a good idea.....and I do often use a credit card for safety reasons, but I bought this on Amazon using Amazon credit with zero interest.

Regards!